Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Comments

• tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    (((calley))) I hope you got some rest and are feeling a bit better today. Same goes for you lambyr xx.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 16 August 2016 at 7:46AM
    If you haven't been able to see the final performance of Blueberry (Allegro) in the dressage, it's here.

Great choice of music for Rio, too!

Lambyr, perhaps you should let your mum read your post, or at least tell her what you told us. In a matter of fact way.
    If you 'suffer in silence' she won't know what you're going through.

For some reason, when I am feeling ill, I don't look ill even if it's bad enough to keep me in bed. The only times I've really looked ill have been ambulance jobs or if I fainted. So when I say I'm not feeling well, people don't really believe me. That's the trouble with living alone; you have to tell people yourself, as there's no-one to say, 'yes, she's feeling very poorly today'.
    You make a superhuman effort to phone someone, with a mobile/or cordless phone while you're lying in bed, to say you can't go as you're feeling ill, and then collapse down again with the effort, but you get the feeling they're saying, 'well, she managed to phone me all right, and sounded ok on the phone, so she can't be that bad.'

It really annoys me.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Calley, sorry if this comes out as harsh, but you need to try and change that negative attitude about yourself. You need to be able to love (or at least like!) yourself first I think, before maybe entering anymore relationships.

Sounds like Lego man needs to learn to do the same. Sounds like he obviously wasn't ready for a new relationship after his ex, so don't beat yourself up about it thinking it must be you. I know you really liked him, but you need to dust yourself down and have some faith and some love in yourself before moving on. :A
  • Izadora wrote: »
    I read that as Great British Bake Off at first and thought you'd been making French fancies!!

There's a recipe for them in one of my cook books and I was all for making some until I saw just what was involved. I decided that Mr Kipling's were perfectly acceptable :D

Hehe I keep on reading it as that too! I like a challenge, I might look them up and see what's involved....then again, it's probably cheaper (definitely cheaper!) to just buy a pack! Sainsburys own are just as good too, and bigger than Mr K's!
    tea_lover wrote: »
    Didn't they do French fancies in one of the bake off finals? I seem to remember they were comedy-difficult!

Can vaguely remember them making them I think?

Just read that it starts again on the 24th August.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    codemonkey wrote: »
    Lambyr - your night sounds horrible. Glad you got seen though. Try to take ibuprofen with food if it hurts your stomach. Can you ask for a phone appointment with your GP - they can give you something that helps with the stomach tolerance thing - think it's called omeprazole. Not medical advice, just a suggestion.

Also sorry your mum wasn't more sympathetic. That must be really hard.

I have my memory foam pillow and silk pillowcase but the right side of my face and ear are hurting - also my preferred sleeping side, so it's kind of wasted right now: Super comfy though..

Yes, that's it, omeprazole. You take it at the same time as the NSAID.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    calleyw wrote: »
    Nope just an idiot to think that someone would actually be interested in having a relationship with me.

You're not an idiot at all and he was interested in having a relationship with you, it just wasn't the right time for him. I know it's hard at the moment but remember that it's his problem and nothing to do with you or anything you did.
    calleyw wrote: »
    At least the fatter I get no one will want me so I can't get hurt again.

As much as it can feel comforting to think like that, it's not true. If it were you wouldn't see so many women who are absolutely huge in loving relationships.

I know I'm probably the last person who should be telling you off for this (or I should at least learn to remember it myself a bit more often) but your size isn't who you are, it's just one aspect of your appearance and doesn't have any bearing on your worth.
  • I've just spent half an hour catching up when I could have been outside in the sunshine!
    Gentle hugs all round.
    Lambyr, when I had an abscess I bought a cushion from the 99p shop, it's c shaped and was in the motoring section, comes in lovely deep blue or pink! Sleeping with that on the pillow made a space for my ear to be in, and the weight of my head was spread over the cushion and it helped. Perhaps one of those might give you some sleep. I look after my mother too, she is often thoughtful but not just after she has been left for longer than 20 minutes. When she's having a good day, I then remind her what she felt when looking after her mother!
    Deal with things as they are, not as they should be.
  • Lambyr
    Lambyr Posts: 437
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Morning all.

The co-codamol kicked in almost immediately last night. I bought the dispersible kind which I remember from when I had a toothache when I was 19 worked very quickly. Nice to see they do on other pain in that area :)

This is a little on the embarrassing side, but I'm already on a repeat prescription for lansoprazole due to my stomach not ceasing acid production which causes acid reflux (and gas... :o) - that's why I'm not really supposed to take ibuprofen (or even eat spicy food... still do though) because it can exacerbate the condition a little. I'm not really planning though on taking more than one per day, and probably with a pint of milk so hopefully it should be okay. Not feeling worse for it this morning at least.

Right now, I have some mild pain that I can currently tolerate. I'm only going to take the painkillers I've got when the pain becomes intolerable and/or before bed.

Slept a bit better last night. Mum cleared off to bed earlier than normal at my request so I was able to watch TV for a bit (QI) and I think I dozed off about 1am. Woke up at 6:30am but got back to sleep for a couple of hours. Feeling a bit tired/groggy but it was a better night than the two or three preceeding it.

My mattress topper has just arrived - which forced me out of bed. Mum's still asleep so otherwise I could have had a lie in. I've opened it up to air it out but it doesn't pong too much so might be able to use it tonight.

As for mum, I should say that the meds she's on for her condition do have an affect on her memory and it's quite possible that she simply forgets that I'm in pain, or doesn't comprehend the severity of that pain. I was just really stressed yesterday and needed to vent a little. I know she doesn't really mean to be awkward or inconsiderate and it's not really in her nature to be so - it's just that sometimes she doesn't quite "get it".

Tbh, I think I was more annoyed last night by the kids in the waiting room. One of them knocked into me a few times playing on the bench next to the one I was sitting on and it just really annoyed me because I can't do anything about that.

I guess maybe I was also annoyed that all this pain is due to a virus, not bacteria or hardened/impacted wax. The latter two could be dealt with through antibiotics or an ear syringing but a virus is always a case of letting it do its thing. I know really I should be happy that I don't have to take antibiotics because of the whole immunity thing but as mad as it might seem given the number of health complaints I've made recently, I've actually done really well over the last few years for not being ill at all aside from the usual colds and whatever. It just seems that in the last few months, I've been in a cycle where I've been ill a lot and it's draining because it's not normal for me at all - I'm honestly usually fine so I was desperately hoping that whatever was wrong could be dealt with and this pain could be ended in a matter of days.

And I also feel bad too because I know there are people who are in considerable and constant pain and/or difficulties - I live with one such person! So a phase of misfortune with my health must make me seem really silly.

Anyhoo... overall feeling a bit better. Like I say, mild but tolerable pain at present. Didn't need to take any extra painkillers during the night and even managed to get some sleep on my preferred side. Coincidentally my gland seems to be a little less swollen today so maybe the sudden onset of pain over the weekend is the virus making it's last stand as my army of dragon-slaying antibodies marches on the invader's position, ready to vanquish and cast out the reprehensible foe!

I may have been playing too much Dragon Age lately... :rotfl:

Thanks for all your kind words, thoughts and advice everyone. :)
    She would always like to say,
    Why change the past when you can own this day?
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Glad you're feeling a bit brighter today lambyr. We're always here whenever you need a good old vent (clearly I make good use of this service :D)

Also, don't be at all embarrassed about any medical issues - have you seen the sort of should-be-TMI stuff some of us come out with on here? :rotfl:.

Don't apologise for being ill and feeling bad! Just because other people in the world have their own issues, it doesn't mean you're not allowed to complain once in a while. It must be really hard caring for your mum - perfectly understandable that when you're tired and ill you just need a good old moan. Seriously, I'd be doing it all the time :o.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,822
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Calley, sorry if this comes out as harsh, but you need to try and change that negative attitude about yourself. You need to be able to love (or at least like!) yourself first I think, before maybe entering anymore relationships.

Sounds like Lego man needs to learn to do the same. Sounds like he obviously wasn't ready for a new relationship after his ex, so don't beat yourself up about it thinking it must be you. I know you really liked him, but you need to dust yourself down and have some faith and some love in yourself before moving on. :A

GG, Not harsh I know I need to a grip on things.

But having never really liked myself, thought highly of myself think I am pretty etc since I was a kid. I really don't think I can change my way of thinking.

I did not go to bed until 6am and got about an hour and bits sleep. I am totally shattered. I also binge ate yesterday which did not have a good mental effect on me as well.

Makes no difference if I liked him not. Just tired of dealing with people who have no idea what they want. Being messed about and hurt.

I spend most of time worrying what people think of me and if they like me or not. I hide it well. But its always there looming over me.

Everyone have a good day. I think my bed is calling me again :rotfl:

Yours

Calley X
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport