Claim guys reclaiming Ppi

Options

Comments

• marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    Just had a call from these guys, told me it was a no fee service. So these guys are like the banks miss selling their product......funny old world eh

Oh and my number is TPS registered, so I've reported them to TPS. Plus I called their free phone number back and told them not to contact me again, and to take any data they had on me off their data base. And that I was indeed reporting them to TPS.

The wife works in an office, and even she has to bypass the TPS block on the data her company has to ring me at our home. So these guys know from the kick off they are breaking the law.
    Make a complaint to MOJ about them. Give them as much detail as possible and put it in writing perhaps.
  • lrh1701
    lrh1701 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi there,
    First of all Martin thanx for a great site (pity you dont apply for the Chancellor of the Excheckers job....lol)
    and i have cliams regarding , Capital One and BarclayCard, and littlewoods, regarding,overcharging I heard from them that they want to speak to me, apparently they sent me a text which I noticed today Sunday 16th May 2010, regarding an update, thanx for the advice on these pages and from wot other people have experianced with cliam Guys, I will update to let you and the the other readers of this great Web site know( oh by the way it was about 5 weeks before come back to me first time today) so once again thanx for :jGreat Site...........................:beer::T:T:T:T:A signed Lionel Holmes.........................:wave:
  • Locky888
    Options
    Just want to say thanks for making my mind up. The claims guys have been on to me to reclaim charges and PPI (quite considerable) on my MBNA credit card. They sent me some forms (same as martin's templates) and a letter of authorisation to sign, alowing them to take 30% plus VAT of monies reclaimed.
    Today a woman from the claims guys called to see why i had not returned the forms and i asked her 'what can you do that i cant using Martin's free templates?' She, sounding flustered & clutching at straws, told me they would sort the claim within 4 weeks where as doing it myself would take 12 - 36 months, and the bank would only offer me £50 but they would get me £450 (god knows where she got those figures from?).
    Have now torn up the claims guys forms and am about to start filling in Martin's templates... thanks!
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,378 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    She, sounding flustered & clutching at straws, told me they would sort the claim within 4 weeks where as doing it myself would take 12 - 36 months

Which is a lie and something that the MoJ and OFT have warned that dodgy claims companies often say when they shouldnt.
    and the bank would only offer me £50 but they would get me £450 (god knows where she got those figures from?).

They are made up. The complaint is handled exactly the same way by the bank irrespective of where it comes from.
    Have now torn up the claims guys forms and am about to start filling in Martin's templates... thanks!

Remember that template letters have a lower success rate than personalised letters. You dont need to go to town but its often worth altering the template so it doesnt look like hundreds of others, many of which would be try-it-on or fraudulent claims which may not be viewed as favourably as a personalised letter. So, dont use reasons that dont apply to you and add a bit in that relates to your circumstances.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • mutant_matt
    Options
    ...like many others (have a look at whocallsme dot com, number 02079807360 ), and like many others, even though my number is TPS registered, and I *always* uncheck/check the don't contact me boxes.

Perhaps someone should start a "campaign" to give them a tase of their own medicine, seeing as they have a freephone number which costs them money for people to call them.... (08000 8 222 00).

Perhaps someone could manage to get the this number as their contact number on the comparison sites, and create some circular calling goodness... ;):D
  • terrynutkin
    Options
    After 1 year with the claims guys I am still awaiting for settlement. They don't actually investigate the claim, Ashworth Law in Harrogate are the company that actually investigate the claim.

The claims guys are merely a sales outfit. Un-organised and totally ineffectual. Steer well clear and claim the money yourself. They havent got a clue what each departments doing and it is my view that they are sharks after your cash.

I have lost over 50% of my claim due to these clowns. :eek:
    Do it yourself, go direct or look at the forums. Make sure you are using the law company themselves.

The FSA are not interested and stated that I should have gone straight o the company. Save yourself a fortune and spend a little time

Look at your statements and only chase the ones with PPI

1 year and a mountain of correspondence have amounted to just about nothing. They should be closed down.

Seriously don't be taken in by the sales pater they are just a sales outfit with no professionalism in this field, in customer service or organisation

Good luck with your claim:)
  • terrynutkin
    Options
    The Claims Guys Are Sharks - Steer Clear After 1 year with the claims guys I am still awaiting for settlement. They don't actually investigate the claim, Ashworth Law in Harrogate are the company that actually investigate the claim.

The claims guys are merely a sales outfit. Un-organised and totally ineffectual. Steer well clear and claim the money yourself. They havent got a clue what each departments doing and it is my view that they are sharks after your cash.

I have lost over 50% of my claim due to these clowns. :eek:
    Do it yourself, go direct or look at the forums. Make sure you are using the law company themselves.

The FSA are not interested and stated that I should have gone straight o the company. Save yourself a fortune and spend a little time

Look at your statements and only chase the ones with PPI

1 year and a mountain of correspondence have amounted to just about nothing. They should be closed down.

Seriously don't be taken in by the sales pater they are just a sales outfit with no professionalism in this field, in customer service or organisation

Good luck with your claim:)
  • terrynutkin
    Options
    Steer clear of these boys they are sharks

I have lost over 50% of my claim due to these clowns
  • lourhys
    lourhys Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Is there anything that can be done.....My hubby got a settlement through these people and now they reckon we owe the 30%+vat....OMG!!! can anything be done?
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 18 July 2011 at 6:06PM
    Options
    lourhys wrote: »
    Is there anything that can be done.....My hubby got a settlement through these people and now they reckon we owe the 30%+vat....OMG!!! can anything be done?
    Hi there, if you signed for them to do the claiming and you won,then i am afraid you have to pay them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure