Speed camera locations

Adly812
Adly812 Posts: 558 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
Does anyone know an up to date website showing where speed cameras are on the highway/motorway? I was travelling to Canterbury on the A2, just exited the Brenley corner round a bout and saw a cctv camera hanging off a bridge looking onto the A2 coastbound. Wondering if it was traffic monitoring or a speed cam? How can I find out please?

Comments

• Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    pocketgpsworld.com should show you updated weekly.
  • Adly812
    Adly812 Posts: 558 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    That!!!8217;s more of a gps download for alerts whilst travelling. Anything that could tell you on google where the locations are?
  • Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    If you set up a free account and click on

Submit Speed Camera Locations Now

It should show you any reported cameras on the road you input. Downloads are not free but the map above should be.
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Smb3088 wrote: »
    Does anyone know an up to date website showing where speed cameras are on the highway/motorway? I was travelling to Canterbury on the A2, just exited the Brenley corner round a bout and saw a cctv camera hanging off a bridge looking onto the A2 coastbound. Wondering if it was traffic monitoring or a speed cam? How can I find out please?

Speed cameras are usually yellow.
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Ask the camera partnership. They don't keep them secret

http://www.kmscp.org/safety-cameras.aspx
  • Chimpofdoom
    Chimpofdoom Posts: 806 Forumite
    Been using Waze (free app on phone) and it seems to have all the new speed cameras dotted around Edinburgh.

It also has community updates on mobile speed traps!

Was driving on the A95 north of Aviemore and someone flagged a mobile speed trap on my route and sure enough there they were!
    :exclamatiTo the internet.. I need to complain about something!
  • Head_The_Ball
    Head_The_Ball Posts: 4,067 Forumite
    Been using Waze (free app on phone) and it seems to have all the new speed cameras dotted around Edinburgh.

It also has community updates on mobile speed traps!

Was driving on the A95 north of Aviemore and someone flagged a mobile speed trap on my route and sure enough there they were!
    Did you slow down in time?

Did they then do you for using a mobile phone as they couldn't do you for speeding? :D
  • giraffe69
    giraffe69 Posts: 3,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Did they then do you for using a mobile phone as they couldn't do you for speeding?

If you aren't touching the mobile but it is acting as a satnav where is the offence?
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    DUTR wrote: »
    Speed cameras are usually yellow.

Lots of them are grey.
  • Chimpofdoom
    Chimpofdoom Posts: 806 Forumite
    Did you slow down in time?

Did they then do you for using a mobile phone as they couldn't do you for speeding? :D

Wasn't speeding as I didn't really know the road! Plus with the A9 being covered in average speed cameras the police just cover parts of the old route from time to time

Also no.. phone sits on my phone mount, someone else created the notification ;)
    :exclamatiTo the internet.. I need to complain about something!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure