Disneyland Paris/EuroDisney - Questions & Answers

Comments

• balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    cherabelle wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking at doing a day trip to DLP, I want to pick up some things for my wedding...

Anyway.

Travelling from Birmingham, I have Tesco Clubcard vouchers which I could use towards a Eurostar which would cut costs drastically.

Is there parking nearby to DLP so that I can shop in the village? Is it free and nearby?

If I wanted to stay in one of the hotels nearby to break up the journey are there any hotels nearby that would be good for a night.. doesnt have to be on site.

This may be a taboo subject.... When you buy a football season ticket, people sometime sell off specific games which they cant attend to people. Do annual passes work like this? I just wondered as I read you can get discount in the boutiques with an annual pass so I wondered if it would be worthwhile getting one/ buying the use of someones?

Any advice on the cheapest way I can do a DLP visit like others do booze Crusies.

Thanks

wouldn't the cheapest way to pick up Disney items for your wedding be to buy them online? Official DLP merchandise is not cheap in the parks.
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    wouldn't the cheapest way to pick up Disney items for your wedding be to buy them online? Official DLP merchandise is not cheap in the parks.
    Especially if you factor in travel from Birmingham!

Any thoughts on my question about when to book for mid-December, balletshoes?
  • td23
    td23 Posts: 92 Forumite
    Hi all, loking to book up to take family to euro disney this year and looking to obvioously be a bit thrifty with it.

Really flexible as to when we go, preferably not over christmas but sooner in the year, even in May onwards.

Looking for 2 nights in hotel and 2 days in park, preferably cheyanne but again, very flexible as long as its a disney hotel.. First time kids have been so want to make it memorable, not a travelodge!

Preferably we would fly from any northern england airport, but open to the option of train, or even driving, but not so sure of the idea of coach travel.

When would be my best time to book? straight to disney, or via independant holiday firm.

Any advice anyone could give would be great.

Many thanks.
  • balletshoes
    Hi, we're looking at going to Disneyland Paris for a long week to include Christmas.
    Davy Crockett Ranch, for 2 adults and 4 children (14, 12, 10, 9) for about 9 nights.

Any suggestions on when relevant offers may become available?

thats a very long time to be onsite at DLP, they don't tend to expect guests to stay that long on one visit, your best bet would be to look to put 2 booking together ie if you can do 8 nights instead, book 2x 4-night packages when the deal is the 2-night free one. Then you can contact Disney and get them to put the 2 bookings together so you don't have to move cabins halfway through your trip.
    I don't know what dates you're looking at, but you may find that if its the actual xmas period (ie spans 24th December onwards) the good deals won't be available (peak period tends not to get the best offers, on any country's website).

The latest I've gone to DLP in December was around 11th, we got a great deal but that was prior to peak season kicking in for xmas.

Alternatively - does it have to be DCR? For that length of stay, you might find it much cheaper staying at, for example, the Explorers hotel (their room configuration allows up to 10 guests on one booking) and buying annual passes. If offsite book it all separately, not through Disney.
  • balletshoes
    edited 10 March 2018 at 12:26PM
    td23 wrote: »
    Hi all, loking to book up to take family to euro disney this year and looking to obvioously be a bit thrifty with it.

Really flexible as to when we go, preferably not over christmas but sooner in the year, even in May onwards.

Looking for 2 nights in hotel and 2 days in park, preferably cheyanne but again, very flexible as long as its a disney hotel.. First time kids have been so want to make it memorable, not a travelodge!

Preferably we would fly from any northern england airport, but open to the option of train, or even driving, but not so sure of the idea of coach travel.

When would be my best time to book? straight to disney, or via independant holiday firm.

Any advice anyone could give would be great.

Many thanks.

April through to August is a more expensive time onsite to visit DLP, compared to September through to March (October half term and Xmas periods are peak price though).

If your preference is onsite, and for 2 nights only, its really going to depend on the ages of your children and when you want to go, as to which country version of the DLP site will suit you best (different countries get different offers, but you can book using any of them).

I'm in the Midlands, my options for travel include flying from Luton to CDG with Easyjet, driving to Ebbsfleet then using Eurostar, or (haven't done this yet but have looked into it) driving and using Eurotunnel. For Eurostar you really need to be booking that at around 10 months prior to travel to get the best price, it only gets more expensive the longer you leave it.

I think Easyjet fly from Liverpool to CDG? If your flights get you into CDG in the evening there are plenty of options for a cheap hotel in the DLP area for that night, then you could check into your onsite hotel very early the next morning and get a full first day in the parks.
  • Katykat
    Katykat Posts: 1,743 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm in the Midlands, my options for travel include flying from Luton to CDG with Easyjet, driving to Ebbsfleet then using Eurostar, or (haven't done this yet but have looked into it) driving and using Eurotunnel. For Eurostar you really need to be booking that at around 10 months prior to travel to get the best price, it only gets more expensive the longer you leave it.

I think Easyjet fly from Liverpool to CDG? If your flights get you into CDG in the evening there are plenty of options for a cheap hotel in the DLP area for that night, then you could check into your onsite hotel very early the next morning and get a full first day in the parks.[/QUOTE]

We’re flying from Manchester with EasyJet. We had the option of flying early morning ( 7 ish) but that would mean missing almost the whole first day in the park. So we’re going the day before & staying in the Explorers overnight before transferring to Newport Bay. We are a party of 5 adults and 3 kids. What’s the best way to do the transfer?in my mind I have maybe 2 adults taking the suitcases to Newport Bay, checking in, leave the luggage there then meet the others at the entrance to the park. Is this possible or do we all have to present at check in? Also, best way to get from Explorers to Newport.
    :smileyhea A SMILE COSTS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
  • balletshoes
    Katykat wrote: »

I think Easyjet fly from Liverpool to CDG? If your flights get you into CDG in the evening there are plenty of options for a cheap hotel in the DLP area for that night, then you could check into your onsite hotel very early the next morning and get a full first day in the parks.

We’re flying from Manchester with EasyJet. We had the option of flying early morning ( 7 ish) but that would mean missing almost the whole first day in the park. So we’re going the day before & staying in the Explorers overnight before transferring to Newport Bay. We are a party of 5 adults and 3 kids.
    What’s the best way to do the transfer?in my mind I have maybe 2 adults taking the suitcases to Newport Bay, checking in, leave the luggage there then meet the others at the entrance to the park. Is this possible or do we all have to present at check in? Also, best way to get from Explorers to Newport.
    [/QUOTE]

if you are all under one lead name for your Newport Bay Club booking, strictly speaking only that person needs to be at check-in (remember to take your passport with you). It depends how early you want to check in at the NBC on your first morning. If you want to take advantage of EMH on your first morning, I don't think the Explorers shuttle buses run that early anymore, so you'd need to take a taxi from the Explorers to the Newport Bay Club (Explorers reception can arrange that for you). To be honest, with a lot of luggage between your party, the Explorers shuttle buses are going to be a bit of a nightmare, so in your shoes I'd just book a taxi anyway, for the 2 adults and all the luggage, straight to the NBC from the Explorers, to check in. The others, without the luggage, could then take the Explorers shuttle to the park entrance, and wait somewhere suitable for you there. Check-in isn't necessarily fast at any time of the day at the onsite hotels, so I'd suggest the NBC check-in people in your party leave the Explorers about half an hour before the rest, so the others are not hanging around for ages waiting. Or, depending on time of day etc, all the cafes and shops in the Village will be open, so they could browse while they wait for check-in to be completed.
  • JimmyTheWig
    thats a very long time to be onsite at DLP, they don't tend to expect guests to stay that long on one visit
    I know :)
    It means we don't have to rush.
    your best bet would be to look to put 2 booking together ie if you can do 8 nights instead, book 2x 4-night packages when the deal is the 2-night free one. Then you can contact Disney and get them to put the 2 bookings together so you don't have to move cabins halfway through your trip.
    I don't know what dates you're looking at, but you may find that if its the actual xmas period (ie spans 24th December onwards) the good deals won't be available (peak period tends not to get the best offers, on any country's website).
    On the UK site...
    20th-28th is £2914. [Cheaper than 21st-28th, or 22nd-28th!]
    The same dates splitting at 24th is £3502.
    The same dates splitting at 23rd is £3912.
    I like your thinking with splitting it (didn't think of that myself) but I don't think it works here as holidays starting 21st and later are more expensive because of Christmas.
    By going for as long as we are, we get to be there at Christmas but not pay the Christmas prices.
    Alternatively - does it have to be DCR? For that length of stay, you might find it much cheaper staying at, for example, the Explorers hotel (their room configuration allows up to 10 guests on one booking) and buying annual passes. If offsite book it all separately, not through Disney.
    Worth a look.
    We like DCR as (a) we can all be together, unlike the other Disney hotels, (b) the swimming pool is wonderful and (c) the element of self-catering. Though we don't do much self-catering it is nice to have the option, particularly over Christmas.
    But haven't thought about non-Disney hotels. Will look at Explorers and annual passes. Any tips, or will I get a decent idea by googling?
  • balletshoes
    i think you have this pretty much sussed Jimmy :), general google/trivago/Explorers website etc, and remember cashback.
  • JimmyTheWig
    i think you have this pretty much sussed Jimmy :), general google/trivago/Explorers website etc, and remember cashback.
    Thanks balletshoes.

My original question was when do you think the best prices for (pre-Christmas) December will be available?
    25% off plus half-board meal plan on the German site is pretty good. Is that about the best we're likely to get? Kids under 12 go free was the offer we used to wait for, but that's not so good for us now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure