Old credit card charges reclaim

2»

Comments

• brown1950
    brown1950 Posts: 264 Forumite
    Taff-

At no stage has anybody including YOU showed that £12,00 fees for late payment/over credit limit fees are legal . Have these fee's been tested in Court ?
    The result of my Court action against Barclaycard cannot be discussed on public sites like this owing to a confidentiality clause. I can however direct you to a website which clearly shows people recovering these fees !
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I'm not arguing it's not legal - you are?

FYI, I'll be puting you on ignore form now on, your posts are never helpful, usually antagonistic and argumentative, I can't be doing with it.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    brown1950 wrote: »
    Taff-

At no stage has anybody including YOU showed that £12,00 fees for late payment/over credit limit fees are legal . Have these fee's been tested in Court ?
    The result of my Court action against Barclaycard cannot be discussed on public sites like this owing to a confidentiality clause. I can however direct you to a website which clearly shows people recovering these fees !

The onus is on the claimant, not the defender. If these charges have not been ruled unfair then they are fine.

You may get refunds from the CC for several reasons

1) First offence, asking nicely
    2) Current financial hardship
    3) Showing charges were incorrectly applied

You will not get a refund of a current CC charge purely on the grounds the fee is "unfair", nor should you. Manage your account properly and you don't get fees
  • So why are Barclaycard refunding late payment / over credit limit fee's ?

The answer is obvious but of course certain posters argue against refunds with no legal argument to support.
  • Nasqueron

''As ever, I challenge you to put your own money up and pay for individuals to go through a court complaint given you are so sure they will win ''

I replied to your post but why was it deleted ?
  • Nasqueron
    edited 22 November 2016 at 10:58AM
    So why are Barclaycard refunding late payment / over credit limit fee's ?

The answer is obvious but of course certain posters argue against refunds with no legal argument to support.

Because they have to be seen to be fair and it's cheaper to autopay individual cases than fight! A large scale class action style case would be defended. Same reason they just refund losses from hacking attempts rather than do anything about it or why they refund money taken from consumers who are dumb enough to give their card details away in many cases
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron

''As ever, I challenge you to put your own money up and pay for individuals to go through a court complaint given you are so sure they will win ''

I replied to your post but why was it deleted ?

Your post was deleted and for some reason mine was as well, last time I looked at this thread it was there even though yours was deleted - the one where I proved beyond any doubt that UK court cases (even consumer ones) rely on precedent, as I showed by citing numerous previous cases which the supreme court cited in 2009 as part of their judgement which closed off the bank charges case
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure