Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Currently in the process of helping DD and her BF move, blooming hard work! Having to clean everything as it is a rental, and so much to move. They have only been there a couple of years. Makes me cringe to think how much stuff we must have seeing the amount they have accumulated in a one bedroom house!!

I think you can adopt me!
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    Jamie Oliver Black 30cm Frying Pan £2.60 instore @ Tesco (still £40 online)
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/jamie-oliver-black-30cm-frying-pan-2-60-instore-tesco-2527281

and on 10 ways

Lot of tefal jamie oliver pans in t0sco half price under clearance, Mine was £30 down to £15 but scanned at £7.20
    https://www.facebook.com/10ways/posts/1130897200281170
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    marrbett wrote: »
    I hadn't 'worked' for 13 years, but went into it with the attitude that I didn't even want the job!! I told them that I only wanted certain hours as we're still home edding 2 young 'uns. I go every shift thinking that I'll leave at the first sign of hassle, but seem to be living a bit of a charmed life there,so I'll keep going for another few months!!! It makes me feel in control knowing I can walk out.:rotfl:

my ideal job would be working in a library I think :)

I haven't worked for 19 years now. :eek:

I think that's what I need something I feel in control over, my terms....
  • Arthien
    Arthien Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Evening all!

I've just been doing some cleaning out of my kitchen cupboards and I've decided to recycle a large bag which used to contain Maltesers...

Feeling a bit fed up at the moment, my relatively new job isn't going as well as I'd hoped, to the point that I've considered walking out a few times recently. It's not helping that I'm feeling like I've got so little evening time to do anything. I'm basically commuting, working, more commuting, cooking tea, unloading/reloading the dishwasher, going for an evening walk with DH, doing laundry then going to bed :(

Our house DIY project has also stalled as DH is working hard on a new potential money-making computer programme. I shouldn't complain as he can't do everything, but living in a building site isn't fun after 3 years. I feel like I'm constantly waiting for the fun bit of life to start, and it's not happening!

Apologies for the moan, just one of those evenings.
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Arthien wrote: »
    Evening all!

I've just been doing some cleaning out of my kitchen cupboards and I've decided to recycle a large bag which used to contain Maltesers...

Feeling a bit fed up at the moment, my relatively new job isn't going as well as I'd hoped, to the point that I've considered walking out a few times recently. It's not helping that I'm feeling like I've got so little evening time to do anything. I'm basically commuting, working, more commuting, cooking tea, unloading/reloading the dishwasher, going for an evening walk with DH, doing laundry then going to bed :(

Our house DIY project has also stalled as DH is working hard on a new potential money-making computer programme. I shouldn't complain as he can't do everything, but living in a building site isn't fun after 3 years. I feel like I'm constantly waiting for the fun bit of life to start, and it's not happening!

Apologies for the moan, just one of those evenings.

Do you get the weekend free?
    Can you use your wages to sort the building site out?
    I would set yourself a goal of seeing how things are in 12 months, and then make decisions. x
  • marrbett
    marrbett Posts: 1,798 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Currently in the process of helping DD and her BF move, blooming hard work! Having to clean everything as it is a rental, and so much to move. They have only been there a couple of years. Makes me cringe to think how much stuff we must have seeing the amount they have accumulated in a one bedroom house!!

We've recently moved my no.1 son out of his 1st rented flat (he got married in July!) I can't get over how much the landlord expected them to leave it in pristine condition, even expecting the walls all to be painted (including) all skirting boards and the curtains dry cleaned. She'd done no maintenance in terms of decorating over 3 years. It was hard work, so I get what you're feeling
  • cjj_2
    cjj_2 Posts: 6,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    I haven't worked for 19 years now. :eek:

I think that's what I need something I feel in control over, my terms....

I was just short of 19 years too xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    bubbs wrote: »
    No, he has his own family and no room and son wants to stay at home, its a nightmare really and really nothing to do with e but i just cant see hi stuck and struggling:o
    When he is assessed he could have carers coming into his own home.
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    cjj wrote: »
    TS don't be scared. You will know if a job is right for you. I'm scared to put my own wheelie bin out but I've found a job I can do & it's changed my life. I'm not lonely anymore xx

Thanks cjj, I know we have had this conversation before quite a while ago now and I am still no closer to resolving it.

I saw a job advertised in a shop window the other day, something I thought I could do, but I couldn't bring myself to ask about it yet I will talk to anyone and anybody who will listen to me anywhere else. :eek:
  • I think you can adopt me!

OMG :eek: Don't need another kid :rotfl::rotfl:

Seriously though, so far since the kids left home we have moved DD twice already, this is the third, and DS twice.

And we are going on a 4 hour drive this time, get back Friday, then have the weekend to do a few bits, then we have a wedding to go to on Monday, staying overnight and back on Tuesday, so it is a bit of a whirl at the moment! Somehow I need to fit in some washing too.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport