Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    I have no idea what experience/qualifications you have, but I am assuming you want to maximise your income and fit work into your normal life.

Caring? office work? stripper? What about doing car boot sales (stock from house clearance and glitching.

I have to admit I would be lost without work (this is a deficiency in me).

Not a deficiency at all SSM. :)

I don't need to earn much, I am short a year's NI contributions for my pensions as I never registered as a carer. I should have done this when I lost my HRP when DD3 was 13, think the rules changed that year. But it wasn't something I thought about unfortunately...
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I wished you lived near me... you could take responsibility for running my house!! lol x

On a serious note... you could set up a business of running schemes for people in this situation!

Thats what my clients say, bubbs sorts out our homes:rotfl:
    My sister even does washing and ironing for one of hers, even when it was the kids as well, including all bedding
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Various ink cartridges reduced to clear, from £2.75 for HP300 Colour @ Tesco

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/various-ink-cartridges-reduced-clear-from-2-75-for-hp300-colour-tesco-2527276
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I quiet agree about the cost effectiveness and importance of pension. Also something for people to remember is to claim National Insurance contributions for time that people have been home with caring responsibilities. x

I was wondering if you can claim for missed years NI contributions, as i gave up a part time job to care for my Grandma before she died, but never applied for carers allowance as i didn't think you got paid for caring for relatives at the time.
    I now have a few years missing in contributions as i recently applied for a statement from HMRC which was interesting to say the least!
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • locarr
    locarr Posts: 8,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    locarr wrote: »
    My stocks and shares ISA has gone up by almost 20% since the brexit ref, mainly in equities! altho these are high risk and my FA has advised transferring to more cautious funds as there could be a crash due to uncertainty in the markets over Brexit/ Trump winning etc...

I have Premium bonds too and haven't won anything for a couple of years since they changed how the winnings are distributed. he also advised keeping my cash in current accounts, Santander etc

Ive also invested in 6 Hatchimals, the must have kids toy this Xmas and am hoping to make a 50% return! ;)

s-l500.jpg
    "He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" Benjamin Franklin

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
  • Currently in the process of helping DD and her BF move, blooming hard work! Having to clean everything as it is a rental, and so much to move. They have only been there a couple of years. Makes me cringe to think how much stuff we must have seeing the amount they have accumulated in a one bedroom house!!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • curl_girl wrote: »
    I was wondering if you can claim for missed years NI contributions, as i gave up a part time job to care for my Grandma before she died, but never applied for carers allowance as i didn't think you got paid for caring for relatives at the time.
    I now have a few years missing in contributions as i recently applied for a statement from HMRC which was interesting to say the least!

I need to get a new statement - when I asked for mine I set the start date as age 21 instead of age 17/18.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Well done for finding the beer glitch.
    I just cant bring myself to go out and buy any, now if I could ombine shops with a muller, that would be worth while!
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • bubbs
    davemorton wrote: »
    Well done for finding the beer glitch.
    I just cant bring myself to go out and buy any, now if I could ombine shops with a muller, that would be worth while!

the dog chews you can :D
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Not a deficiency at all SSM. :)

I don't need to earn much, I am short a year's NI contributions for my pensions as I never registered as a carer. I should have done this when I lost my HRP when DD3 was 13, think the rules changed that year. But it wasn't something I thought about unfortunately...

Can you purchase a year?

bubbs wrote: »
    Thats what my clients say, bubbs sorts out our homes:rotfl:
    My sister even does washing and ironing for one of hers, even when it was the kids as well, including all bedding

I know people who have done washing/ironing and made a fortune... one person ended up having 6 people working part-time in their garage whilst the person just collected/dropped off the items/marketed/accounts etc.

TS have you thought about something like this?
    curl_girl wrote: »

Why don't you make some enquiries, the rules change all the time so it maybe beneficial for you x

I totally agree about not being paid for family, when we took our plus 2 children in, we never took a penny for them as they were ours and we were lucky to have them x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure