A treehouse for the twins

Options

Comments

• PrincessLou
    Options
    Sounds like a very productive day. I've listed my first items on eBay this weekend!

Yay! Be warned, it can be addictive! Have you started checking it every 5 minutes yet? Ok...maybe that's just me... :D
    How are you all PL? x

Hi ATB, we are great thanks :j Although, DS1 put on the 'woe is me' act this morning, bursting into tears every two seconds and so I felt like a bad mummy sending him to pre-school. So his brother went without him, only for 9am to strike and suddenly he's perked up and acting like nothing ever happened. ;):D What a trickster....

On the MSE/MFW front - I have just withdrawn £116.76 from paypal to OP. That is from September Ebay sales. :T Very pleased and have listed more items today and hopefully tomorrow too.

My goal is still to be at £110,000 by December 31st, so approximately £3000 to go. Got to keep motivated as my goal for 2017 is to be in double digits. :j
    Mortgage - £105,500
  • atypicalblonde
    Options

My goal is still to be at £110,000 by December 31st, so approximately £3000 to go. Got to keep motivated as my goal for 2017 is to be in double digits. :j

£37.50 per day then, easy peasy :) even if you can't make that in extra income each day, can you save it for example not going to the shops and making what is in your cupboards streeetch? I am here cheering you on love xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • PrincessLou
    Options
    £37.50 per day :eek: When you put it like that it got my head whirring....and made me worry that I don't have a clue where that's going to come from.

About £750 of the £3000 will be standard mortgage payments.

I've been averaging about £100 per month on Ebay, so over the next three months I could probably push it to £500 over three months.

That leaves approximately £1750 to find. Hmmm.....must get thinking some more. :think:
    Mortgage - £105,500
  • PrincessLou
    Options
    Sold two items on Ebay yesterday....I find Ebay sales are a bit like buses - all is oh so quiet and then they all come at once. :) Should've made around £15 but DH went and bought a special electrical socket and used half of the OP money. :mad: Anyhow, £6.36 OP sent this morning (probably the smallest OP I've made). :j

Took boys to pre-school, tidied up and hung washing to dry on drying rack. I need to do some more decluttering this morning and wrap the two Ebay items I sold, ready to post later.

I'm going to add my mortgage balance to a signature so I can easily see what's what and keep track of everything.
    Mortgage - £105,500
  • PrincessLou
    Options
    Signature added :j
    Mortgage - £105,500
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Sorry lovely I didnt mean to worry you, quite the opposite ;) You absolutely can get to £110k by Christmas, I'm sure of it. Ok, how much do you normally spend on groceries? Can you shop from your cupboards and freezer this week to reduce spends to say £30 for the week and OP the difference?

We have had some very creative meals recently whilst I've been on freezer use up - Arctic roll anyone?! x:p
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,922 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Another creative user upper this month. Although Mr Watty refused to eat the fish yesterday evening saying it had been in the freezer so long it was not edible. I think that might have been the way I cooked it really :rotfl:
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • PrincessLou
    Options
    I definitely would like to use the freezer and cupboard food up. I have been known to make DH eat icecream for breakfast once :D. My main issue is that 80% of the items in my freezer are meat and I worry that they've been in there so long that they aren't edible anymore :eek: I have lots of packs of yellow sticker sausages bought very cheaply and frozen but aren't sure if they're still ok to eat. :think: Any ideas?
    Mortgage - £105,500
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Defrost and sniff, I would say :) If they look alright and smell fine, they generally are x
  • PrincessLou
    Options
    Busy weekend staying with my parents and then home today with PIL popping round this afternoon with a meal bought and cooked by MIL. Lovely and relaxing for me and the boys love it too. DS2 is quite the showman when his grandparents come to visit and can now, after two 'lessons' with MIL, speak Francais (well, just a little ;)). Can count to 10 in French, and knows hat, flower, truck, socks, dog. All very useful of course.... :rotfl:

I suppose, in my head, his conversational French would be a bit like this -

Excuse-moi monsieur. Have you seen my hat? The one with the flower on. Your dog ate my socks and if you don't give me them back before I count to ten...un, deux,trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf, dix.... then I will squash your baguette with my truck! :cool:

Waiting until Thursday to have my big monthly shop delivered. Need to finalise the online order but first want to make an inventory of the cupboards and freezer so I don't spend more than I need to.

Next Friday is payday and I'm expecting to have some money leftover to OP. I'm desperate to tidy the accounts right now but I need to wait until I have final figures. :) Need to stop wishing life away for the sake of making an OP. :D
    Mortgage - £105,500
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport