how much does it cost to call 0845

stokefan
stokefan Posts: 790 Forumite
with bt, looking around the net, some places say its free, others say its chargable, does anyone know how much it cost

i just have the normal line rental, with free evening and weekend, i think?

thanks in advance

Comments

• I_luv_cats
    I_luv_cats Posts: 14,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    0845 calls via BT 4.5p per min and 8p call set up unless you have their unlimited plan.

Evenings and weekends plan are free Fair use policy applies – max. 1,000 mins or 150 calls a month. If either of these limits on free calls is exceeded, BT will charge for these calls until further notice See Terms & Conditions for full details
  • I_luv_cats
    I_luv_cats Posts: 14,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Look up 0845 etc. numbers on say no to 0870.

I have found a few 0800 alternatives or 01/02 numbers
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 29 May 2009 at 4:23PM
    Most 0845 calls are included in BT's call plans (i.e. they're free at weekends if you have the Unlimited Weekend Plan, they're free evenings and weekends if you have the Unlimited Evening & Weekend Plan and they're free at all times if you have the Unlimited Anytime Plan.

If you're calling at a time when your Plan does not include them, they cost 8p connection + 2p/minute weekdays or 8p connection + ½p/minute weekday evenings (all call plans include weekend 0845 calls).

However, if you have a 18185 account, they're cheaper still via their freephone gateway number (08081703703) - 5p connection and ½p/minute at all times.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I_luv_cats wrote: »
    0845 calls via BT 4.5p per min and 8p call set up unless you have their unlimited plan.

Evenings and weekends plan are free Fair use policy applies – max. 1,000 mins or 150 calls a month. If either of these limits on free calls is exceeded, BT will charge for these calls until further notice See Terms & Conditions for full details

Maximum cost on BT is 2p per minute, ( they have not been 4.5p for a while now, although your 8p connection is correct), outside of a call plan, i.e. included weekends with line rental only, as that is their "Unlimited Weekend Plan ", included evening and weekends with their "Unlimited Evening & Weekend Plan", and included at all times with their "Unlimited Anytime Plan", (cost for this is £4.95 per month).

Details here.

Don't forget they are not "free" they are inclusive!
    Free means zero cost, to have these included you need to pay BT the line rental, so incurring a cost.
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport