Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • xlnc99
    • By xlnc99 16th Aug 19, 12:18 PM
    • 410Posts
    • 45Thanks
    xlnc99
    FOS Advice
    • 16th Aug 19, 12:18 PM
    FOS Advice 16th Aug 19 at 12:18 PM
    I have now sorted out a list of previous debts that have all been paid for over the last 10 years. I have some statements, whilst others i dont have anything. I have tried to email the companies directly regarding refunds or claims but they are all fobbing me off and saying they will reply within 60 days

My question is can i go direct to the FOS with all my complaints at the start bypassing the companies or do i have to go to the companies first and wait until they reply
Page 2
    • boo_star
    • By boo_star 16th Aug 19, 10:58 PM
    • 2,409 Posts
    • 1,770 Thanks
    boo_star
    i understand that but 60 days after i sent a complaint 3 weeks ago adds to 81 days in total!

That is ridiculous. FOS say 8 weeks is the max
    Originally posted by xlnc99
    I suspect they mean "60 days from the receipt of your complaint" not "60 days from us sending this email."
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

77Posts Today

1,217Users online

Martin's Twitter