Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Emmaharris
    • By Emmaharris 20th Jun 17, 2:23 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Emmaharris
    Flight claims company sending threatening letters
    • 20th Jun 17, 2:23 PM
    Flight claims company sending threatening letters 20th Jun 17 at 2:23 PM
    Hi,
    Hoping I've posted this in the right place, if not, apologies.
    Bit of a complicated one. On return of a holiday to Costa Rica with Thompson we were told we were entitled to claim for a delay. Unfortunately although my stepmum was told to wait until we did it for her she went online and added all flight details to an online claims company she came across. ( Flight delay claims team. Based in Northants )
    She filled in most info then they asked her to fill in a power of attorney form and she decided not to carry on online. She received an email saying thanks for signing up with us and called them a couple of weeks later to say she didn't want to go ahead as it was being dealt with by my brother. On the phone they said that was ok and that would be the end of it. Fast forward to recent weeks and she is recieving letters saying she owes them nearly £1600 for ignored reminders, the work they did processing the claim etc. The are adding interest daily and adding charges for random stuff and I have no idea what to do next. They won't discuss over the phone and say they don't take phone calls. Have emailed and they are pretty much saying tough luck pay up.
    She hasn't heard anything from Thompson regarding the compensation but the two other people that claimed together officially with Thompson have had their money back already. ( no one knew she'd put any details in online as we all did ours with resolver )
    It's all a mess and we have no clue how to sort it!
    Any help or advice would be great.
    Thank you.
Page 29
    • Davexmas
    • By Davexmas 25th Jul 19, 10:37 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Davexmas
    Good luck Tracey - will be rooting for you
    • Tracey Rice
    • By Tracey Rice 26th Jul 19, 5:07 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Tracey Rice
    Hello
    Well after 2 hours in court, we won, case dismissed !!
    They sent a solicitor, the judge was not impressed that Joe Ryan didn't show up
    Judge laughed at the ridiculous invoice figures, and in the end agreed that it was all misleading and that i was not aware that i had signed legally binding Terms and Conditions ... Such a relief and so glad its all over

Thank you guys for all your help on here especially Dave and Jam,i hope it goes well for all of you with upcoming court cases , i will keep reading this thread with interest ..
    Tracey
    • Davexmas
    • By Davexmas 26th Jul 19, 6:20 AM
    • 38 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Davexmas
    Brilliant....... well done Tracy ! I knew you would do it.......enjoy the rest of the summer ��
    • Camdan123
    • By Camdan123 26th Jul 19, 6:23 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Camdan123
    Great news
    • JAM2018
    • By JAM2018 26th Jul 19, 6:47 AM
    • 104 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    JAM2018
    Court Case
    Well done Tracey,

This gives hope to everyone else who have been taken to court by FDCT. Pity FDCT can't be fined for wasting court time, not to mention the stress and upset it causes for everyone concerned.

Have a great day.

Jo x
    • Tracey Rice
    • By Tracey Rice 26th Jul 19, 7:53 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Tracey Rice
    Thanks Dave, you too
    x
    • Not a happy bunny either
    • By Not a happy bunny either 26th Jul 19, 7:56 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Not a happy bunny either
    Congratulations
    I am surprised it took 2 hours really.Well done anyway and donít forget to give a witness statement so trading standards can push on with their prosecution.Maybe now your case is over they will get on to handing me my court papers as I am still waiting for them.They must have realised the game is up and they are in the last violent death throws of an organisation going under the water for the last time.
    • Mccaffs
    • By Mccaffs 26th Jul 19, 2:07 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Mccaffs
    So happy for you well done. I have yet to hear a single example of where FDCT have been successful at court so hopefully this will give confidence to all those out there who are suffering stress over this.

FDCT must be out a fortune on all these futile claims, with a bit of luck they'll go bust and then have the Trading Standards case to look forward to on top of it all. I really hope they're reading this...gives me a great feeling to know they're pretty much finished
    • Tracey Rice
    • By Tracey Rice 27th Jul 19, 6:45 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Tracey Rice
    Thanks everyone...Lets hope the game is up for these con artists and they go under ..
    They obviously had to pay court fees to get me to court, and pay the solicitor for the day so they are definitely out of pocket ..
    I have told Vanessa at Trading Standards we won and that i will gladly give any help or info she needs.
    Have a lovely weekend everyone x
    • DC64
    • By DC64 6th Aug 19, 4:24 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DC64
    Hey everyone.

Iv'e been following this thread for a long time now since i first started having problems with FDCT.
    It all started in 2017 and my issue with them is very similar to most of the people on this thread.

Its been going on for over 2 years and i have already been to court with them in December 2018 where Joe Ryan turned up and the outcome was that the judge needed more time so it was going to be another court visit.
    So i had another court date for May 2019 which was eventually cancelled a week before and we were told by the court that it was going to be rescheduled to a later date as the judge was unavailable.

My new court date is Friday 16th August.

Now that a lot of people have received a notice of discontinuance or they won their case, do you think i have a chance of the same thing happening? Because my son and I refuse to give up and pay anything to these fraudsters and its been going on for over 2 years.
    Hopefully we don't have to go to court, or we win the case on the 16th.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 6th Aug 19, 5:22 PM
    • 1,100 Posts
    • 464 Thanks
    legal magpie
    I can only suggest that you assume that the case is going ahead and prepare accordingly.
    • DrA_Harrogate
    • By DrA_Harrogate 7th Aug 19, 9:08 AM
    • 292 Posts
    • 105 Thanks
    DrA_Harrogate
    LM is correct. The question would seem to be whether the Judge wants to run through stuff again, or merely intends to give a judgement.

In any event you have information at your disposal within this forum so make really sure you have your paperwork in order.

Let us know how you get on and good luck.
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 7th Aug 19, 9:22 AM
    • 1,100 Posts
    • 464 Thanks
    legal magpie
    Unless the first Judge actually made a start on the case itself it's unlikely that it will be the same Judge. But be prepared for any eventuality.
    • Kalaclamp1975
    • By Kalaclamp1975 11th Aug 19, 9:37 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kalaclamp1975
    Court
    Hi
    We are also at court Carlisle on the 16th August,
    • Kalaclamp1975
    • By Kalaclamp1975 11th Aug 19, 9:45 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kalaclamp1975
    Hi everyone
    Just a quick one asking for advice as I’ve said in previous post I’m due in court on 16th August in Carlisle and would like to know as me and my husband are representing ourselves what do we take as evidence and to prove we have not signed or engaged with fdct in any way.
    I have no paperwork other than the invoice for the money they say I owe £1700.
    Thanks again
    • Davexmas
    • By Davexmas 17th Aug 19, 9:56 AM
    • 38 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Davexmas
    DC64 and Kalaclamp1975 how did your court cases go ?
    • Not a happy bunny either
    • By Not a happy bunny either 19th Aug 19, 11:56 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Not a happy bunny either
    I am still awaiting court papers or another letter from DCBL and I will post if anything changes.Keep up the fight for us as well as yourself.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

336Posts Today

5,769Users online

Martin's Twitter