The Great Free Online Courses Hunt Updated February 2019

sarah1972
sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
edited 5 February 2019 at 4:44PM in Freebies (no spend required)
I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• My typing speed and errors were worse than I thought but interesting.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    venison wrote: »
    My typing speed and errors were worse than I thought but interesting.

Oh dear, I certainly won't be trying it then :rotfl:
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Here are a couple I know of:

https://www.firstaidforfree.com (they also give free certificates after you've completed a course)
    http://www.learnyourtables.co.uk/
    Latest wins:
  • edx.org
    is another one
  • purkles
    purkles Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Udemy.com do lots of free ones. Best to follow "free Udemy courses" facebook page which flags up loads of free ones.
  • There are a number of fully-funded distance learning courses available at the moment at Level 2 (equivalent to GCSE grade 4+/old A*-C). They're for adults over the age of 19 and are free so long as you have at least a Level 2 qualification already, although if you don't complete the course they reserve the right to charge an admin fee which I think is around £125.

Courses are mostly in the areas of health and social care, and business -- some are the same as Vision2Learn offer but there are some additional ones at different colleges. You can generally choose to do the courses entirely paper-based or entirely online, or a mixture (i.e. paper-based learning materials and online assessment submission). The colleges I'm aware of that do them are as follows (annoyingly my post won't go through with the links in it, but if you Google "free distance learning level 2" and the institution name you should get straight to the right page):

Bridgwater & Taunton College
    Walsall College
    The Skills Network
    New College Swindon
    BMet
    Stoke on Trent College
    Newbury College (this place also has some free Level 3 courses)
    Leicester College
    Sunderland College
    Shrewsbury College
    Sunderland College
  • The_Miser
    The_Miser Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 29 March 2019 at 2:42AM
    There is a mountain of university courses which you can audit. Try searching opencourseware universities . I did the first of the basic Spanish courses at MIT which go to undergraduate level. (They claim to have about 2400 courses where you can listen to the lectures and more). I also did a good language course from Oslo University which is actively monitored by their staff.
  • monome
    monome Posts: 6 Forumite
    Hi,

First post so I'm making it about an organisation I have a lot of respect for.

Kadenze is an online course provider that offer courses in Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Design, Music, and Math. I've done three of these so far, two learning/improving skills and another in Art History. All three were professionally made and east to follow at my own pace.

It's totally free to sign up and take as many courses as you like. Can't recommend them enough.

As a new member I can't post a link. Just search for Kadenze in your favourite browser.
  • lesta_jesta
    lesta_jesta Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 May 2019 at 6:23PM
    Don't thank me, Thank monome
    https://www.kadenze.com/
    Is Kadenze Premium Membership required to take courses?
    Premium Membership is not required to enroll in all courses. As a Free User, you are welcome to enroll in many of the courses Kadenze offers.
    You will be able to watch lecture videos and view forum discussions, but you will be unable to submit assignments, receive college credit (in credit eligible courses), or build a portfolio.
    I run because I like BEER..... ;)
  • Do not thank me if you already know it "Testuru .com" It is a site that contains a lot of documents and exam questions for language learners, including the mobile version. You do not know, you can refer to it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback