Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • July1962
    • By July1962 25th Oct 08, 3:02 PM
    • 896Posts
    • 13,274Thanks
    July1962
    0 WOW
    Free knitting patterns.
    • 25th Oct 08, 3:02 PM
    0 WOW
    Free knitting patterns. 25th Oct 08 at 3:02 PM
    http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/

"Knitting Pattern Central is an online directory featuring thousands of links to free knitting patterns. Choose from 50+ categories, including clothing, hats, afghans, stuffed animals, toys, dishcloths, and much more."

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by MSE Archna; 28-10-2008 at 5:40 PM.
    It's nice to be important.....but it's more important to be nice
Page 4
  • loobie lou
    Ah MSE is such a wonderful site. I have made it my mission to start knitting and was just looking up free patterns and I stumbled upon this link I get that it's not been written in since September but WOWSERS it has made my night. TY
    2012 in 2012:

Olympic Challenge 2012
    GOLD: iPad
    SILVER: Laptop
    BRONZE: Handbag
    • mum2one
    • By mum2one 29th Dec 11, 11:21 PM
    • 16,154 Posts
    • 60,024 Thanks
    mum2one
    Ah MSE is such a wonderful site. I have made it my mission to start knitting and was just looking up free patterns and I stumbled upon this link I get that it's not been written in since September but WOWSERS it has made my night. TY
    Originally posted by loobie lou
    Your have fun knitting, I've picked up a few patterns from the links. xx
    Tackling the debt free life one day at a time xx
    RIP Dad, - Always love you, - He was 1 in a million xx
  • Bambi_loves_cookies
    You will also find lots of free knitting and crochet patterns on The Making Spot website as well as gorgeous free tutorials. Love.
    • purpleorchid
    • By purpleorchid 5th Feb 12, 9:28 PM
    • 354 Posts
    • 3,902 Thanks
    purpleorchid
    wondering if someone can point me in the right direction
    im looking for a basic bobble hat pattern or beanie for my 7yr old daughter, but everyone i find is chunky wool, i have dk. any suggestions?

Luv P
    xx

• falady
    Hi Purple orchid - have a look at Debbie Bliss' patterns. There is a great beanie hat in her Baby Knits for Beginners book. Also, there is a very simple bobble hat in Aneeta Patel's book 'Knitty Gritty'.

Hope that helps,

Ali x
    Not Buying It 2015
    • purpleorchid
    • By purpleorchid 5th Feb 12, 11:17 PM
    • 354 Posts
    • 3,902 Thanks
    purpleorchid
    thanks, can i get these free online or are they to be bought?

Luv P
    xx

• littlewillow
    • By littlewillow 6th Feb 12, 8:15 AM
    • 67 Posts
    • 116 Thanks
    littlewillow
    I am just learning to knit so this is definitely going in the bookmarks
    It's better to help people than garden gnomes.

My Survey: 10.00 Swagbucks: 35.00 MarketSurvey: 10.00 Globaltestmarket: 30
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 25th Nov 12, 1:40 PM
    • 1,888 Posts
    • 699 Thanks
    paul2louise
    I am looking for a toddler Christmas cardigan or jumper like

http://direct.asda.com/george/younger-boys-knitwear/chunky-knit-reindeer-jumper/G004024423,default,pd.html

With a reindeer on it or something similar. Can't really find any patterns, wondered if anyone could help. I have looked at some of the websites listed above.
    • lavendergirl
    • By lavendergirl 26th Nov 12, 11:34 AM
    • 260 Posts
    • 154 Thanks
    lavendergirl
    Free knitting patters
    Another useful site for free knitting patterns is www.ravelry.com
    You have to sign up but no other issues. I use them all the time and have had compliments with what I have used.
    • hannonle
    • By hannonle 30th Dec 12, 8:19 PM
    • 2,128 Posts
    • 42,418 Thanks
    hannonle
    I am looking for a toddler Christmas cardigan or jumper like

With a reindeer on it or something similar. Can't really find any patterns, wondered if anyone could help. I have looked at some of the websites listed above.
    Originally posted by paul2louise
    It's probably too late now that Christmas is over, but this one goes up to age 3/4 and is free. I found it via ravelry in less than one minute. There were other not-free ones too if you wanted to pay.
    number 597 at garnstudio dot com. (grrr at not being able to link!!!!)
    • Pomdren
    • By Pomdren 30th Dec 12, 8:37 PM
    • 792 Posts
    • 18,169 Thanks
    Pomdren
    It's probably too late now that Christmas is over, but this one goes up to age 3/4 and is free. I found it via ravelry in less than one minute. There were other not-free ones too if you wanted to pay.
    number 597 at garnstudio dot com. (grrr at not being able to link!!!!)
    Originally posted by hannonle
    Here you go http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/pattern.php?id=597
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 31st Dec 12, 8:20 AM
    • 1,888 Posts
    • 699 Thanks
    paul2louise
    Thanks guys, my little boy is not 2 yet so gran could knit this for next year. She knitted him a little plain hoodie this year. I got the one from Asda, it was easier as there wasn't enough time for her to knit one.
    • Miss_Sal
    • By Miss_Sal 29th Mar 19, 12:38 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Miss_Sal
    More free knitting patterns
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Deramores have literally hundreds of FREE patterns to choose from and most can be downloaded to your iPad so you can start knitting straight-away!

I've been able to create some beautiful projects from here and there are lots of free baby patterns too!

• borkid
    • By borkid 29th Mar 19, 2:20 PM
    • 2,063 Posts
    • 4,326 Thanks
    borkid
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Deramores have literally hundreds of FREE patterns to choose from and most can be downloaded to your iPad so you can start knitting straight-away!

I've been able to create some beautiful projects from here and there are lots of free baby patterns too!

Originally posted by Miss_Sal
    I've not read the whole of the thread but for free knitting patterns join ravelry.com Lots of free patterns and help on the site.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

502Posts Today

5,326Users online

Martin's Twitter