Company in liquidation, redundancy pay and notice period pay

Hi the company I was employed with have gone into liquidation.
When we returned our company vehicles to our office we were informed that the liquidators would be in touch within a couple of days with advice about claiming redundancy etc.
It is nearly 2 weeks and still have had no contact with the liquidators nor have the other staff who worked for the company, not sure who I can contact to get advice as I need a CN? number to claim back redundancy pay and outstanding holiday pay etc.
Also not sure if I can claim for my notice period which have been told is 12 weeks as have been employed by the company for 26 years, with the notice period if I return to work within 12 weeks am I still entitled to it ?
Sorry for the long winded post but this is all new to me as never been through this before.
Regards Simon

Comments

• goater14
    goater14 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Hi all just a update,
    Managed to speak to the company accountants who told me the company has not yet appointed a liquidator, so not sure where I stand as we were all informed by email that the company has gone into liquidation on 29/3/19.
    Does that mean until the liquidator is appointed am I still employed by the company and if I say return to employment tommorow will I then not be entitled to redundancy as the company has not yet gone into liquidation?
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,623 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Are you saying that you have stayed away from work because you decided to or you were told not to attend by your employer?
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • goater14
    goater14 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Was told not to attend. Was told to stop all works by 4.00pm on 29/03/19 as the company will cease trading then,and to return company vehicles on the Monday.
    Have all this on a email, which I have kept a copy of.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure