I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,423
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Battybird wrote: »
    But I bet lots of people shouted WHAT! at the computer screen when they read that you were having another holiday, 2 months after your last holiday.

I have to wonder if your Mum is treating you to another holiday. If so, it's no wonder that your children are always asking you, as their Mother, for money. Maybe they see your Mother treating you, so why can't their Mother treat them.

Except you were wrong weren't you? As were the lots of people shouting what'....don't be so quick to judge....
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 10 February 2019 at 12:27PM
    Mooloo wrote: »
    DS is going to contact them again. He has the provisional license through now, and he has told them, so he is going to chase. I told him if they don't give him satisfaction in 7 days then we will see about going to trading standards, etc and double check them out, and if they are dodgy I will cancel the payment etc even if it means closing the bank account it's being taken from!

This Mooloo! I think we were having that discussion in December . I know I've been banging on about chasing it up since then but at the end of the day if that course is a scam you are stuck with a very expensive debt on your card and it seems unlikely your son will be able to pay it off . Before you go away check that company out . The most recent update you gave here was they aren't responding to his calls and messages so time to act.

As for the holiday ,I did stare at the screen and think oh no! We are all friends here and we all make our choices in life . I would be focusing on clearing the brain fog and moving forward but we are all different . Yes you've made mistakes over the years and you did use the cards like mums magic money tree but you've learned from that recently and closed the bank of mum.

dgd should have a different perspective on what is within the budget than your children . You can't go back and change the past but you've learned from it now .

Do think about getting Mooloos online again to showcase your work , highlight your plans for the new business to make people aware you will still be around and taking orders and teaching .

Good to hear the floor is sorted and you're organising the selling of the machines and stock .

We may nag you sometimes but we do want to see you settled and content . As the work is busy one day and quiet others make sure to keep an eye on turnaround times for when there's a lot in . You need to avoid bringing work home to do in the evenings .

One last thing I've been meaning to mention . If it was me I would be getting rid of the artist , he sounds a pain in the bum! Last minute requests , skimping etc aren't really a showcase for your skills . The council curtain contract is a much better example of your work .
    pollyx.
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    I will be seeing DS at the next care meeting this week and I will press him for the license issues.
    Biggest appears to be struggling with the black dog again as well. What a family we have turned out to be.
    I agree I need to work on the website and get the makes back in focus.
    Dgd and I are just going to my friends for Sunday Lunch.
    I will try and be more focused on the tasks ahead and continue to tackle what I can, without overloading. I know that come the spring we will feel better and then the momentum of the busy season and the closing of the shop will be getting my attention.
    Twin2 is getting help with her Soaps and has secured a mentor and funding in that. I am amazed at her determination and her staying power to make it happen. It is good for her to have something to do.
    Twin1 has just changed her dates for having Dgd, so Biggest will have her an extra night
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • If you haven't done so already try to persuade Biggest to speak to her Dr . The last thing she needs is the black dog in her life. The earlier she gets help the better.

Well done to Twin 2 for persisting with her dream . Mentoring and funding is hard to access nowadays but she's stuck it out and it must boost her self esteem to get that support . I wish her well .

I'm aware I'm probably the thread nagger! Someone on another thread said I have an inconvenient memory :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Sometimes when I'm reading I'm thinking " Focus Mooloo focus" Every tick off the list of stuff frees up some headspace . It's unlikely your son will follow up that HGV problem and if there are problems meeting the payments you'll be where they come for payment . So get all the info off him and go from there .

All I would like to see is that smiling Mooloo that walked through Mooloos introducing us to her new business and coming across as confident and capable although I'm aware you were taking a risk and hoping things would work out . You did it in spite of all the ups and downs and I'm sure your new venture will work out . Just tick off those boxes so you can start again without the need to fight any more fires and have time for rest and relaxation too.

Have a good day .
    polly x

• -taff wrote: »
    Except you were wrong weren't you? As were the lots of people shouting what'....don't be so quick to judge....

Yes, it looks like I was wrong. However, I'd remembered that Mooloo typed near the begining of this thread, when she was sorting debts out, that she'd cashed her Euros in. If this is true, she will have to find spending money.
  • I may be wrong but I seem to recall there were Euros left either after Portugal when her and her mum didn't go out as much as planned due to sickness and her mums exhaustion or possibly after her mums holiday with her brother . Happy to be corrected if wrong .
    polly

• ognum
    ognum Posts: 4,835
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I am happy to be shot down but I believe it’s not about the money it’s about the time.

It’s also about the need to keep chasing, I recognise this from other people I know who have had no settled home in childhood. They have to be continuously moving, searching and never finding, they are never happy with their home and need to believe life will be better at the next place.

The other recognisable trait is the inability to give anything away ( or horsing), children who are constantly moved and were never allowed to keep things as they were always packing up then find it really hard not to keep everything.

Mooloo will need to fight her urges very hard and it will be very uncomfortable for her to say no to a trip away or to get her home in a cleared out comfortable state. It’s just not possible. This trip is her next fix.

Sometimes recognising and reflecting on ourselves helps us, Mooloo constantly works on self improve the with tapes, diaries and work books but fails to recognise her basic traits. Sometimes we need to look back before we move forward.

Sorry if this is harsh, it’s just my opinion
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,423
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Battybird wrote: »
    Yes, it looks like I was wrong. However, I'd remembered that Mooloo typed near the begining of this thread, when she was sorting debts out, that she'd cashed her Euros in. If this is true, she will have to find spending money.

So? She's already said she has it. Are you policing her spending her own money on herself too?
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • ognum
    ognum Posts: 4,835
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    -taff wrote: »
    So? She's already said she has it. Are you policing her spending her own money on herself too?

Mooloo writes on an open forum, many people have read this thread for a long time, readers will remember what has been written or can read back.

Why get so wound up about it?
  • I'm not going to shoot you down ognum There's always psychology in life. As a forces child who suffered trauma abroad at a young age which was hushed up, Mooloo was left with unresolved issues . I know myself in lesser ways it's easier to focus your attention elsewhere rather than resolve something as well as possible .If something doesn't force a resolution it becomes easier to bury things and distract yourself in other ways .Leading a busy life , being the solver of everyone elses problem takes up time and often the person doing so is unaware of what is happening .

In time this becomes the new normal ,no longer questioned . Some unwise decisions happen and only the hope of a lightbulb moment can make things change . I mentioned avoidance in an earlier post and mentally and physically that's a bad coping mechanism . The problem is if you're doing it you don't recognise you are .
    polly

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport