PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

March Grocery Challenge Please Help!!!

Options
124»

Comments

• Tania_2
    Tania_2 Posts: 108 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Eggs are cheap as chips & good 4 u. Make pancakes - something most of us only have once a year - have savoury and sweet fillings. A bit of lemon juice & sugar costs nought. or fill with savoury mince (left over vegs added).
    Make yorkshire puds - they are good as a pud with jam on.

Egg mayo sarnies are lovely. and cheaper than buying fillings from supermarket. They also go a long way.

Make fairy cakes/vic sandwich - again v. cheap and much nicer than shop bought cakes. If have kids, get them to decorate. A bit of icing sugar and different colours/sprinkles keeps happy for a while. Or melted choc.

A chicken goes a long way in our house. Meat for roast plus sarnies or another meal and lefties for a stirfry then use the bones and odd bits to boil up for hour or so to make a lovely base for a soup. Then add whatever veg chopped up small and hey-presto, country chicken & veg soup. (Take out bones first). This goes down v. well with some fresh bread (or if going a bit stale, put in oven for 5 mins).

And don't clean so often - saves on cleaning stuff. Life's too short for housework.

Happy cooking
  • moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    After getting a quarter of the way through a box of Rice Krispies the kids decided they didn't like them anymore.

I've just made chocolate crispie cakes with half a bar of value chocolate, bet they'll eat them now :D
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sarah1, my husband is much the same as yours, its frustrating isnt it? Try cutting back on things he doesnt notice like cleaning products to start, (you can decant value shower gel into his Linx bottle for a time. It took my man ages to work out what i had done, but he checks the seal now.
  • MATH
    MATH Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Judi wrote:
    Sarah1, my husband is much the same as yours, its frustrating isnt it? Try cutting back on things he doesnt notice like cleaning products to start, (you can decant value shower gel into his Linx bottle for a time. It took my man ages to work out what i had done, but he checks the seal now.

LMAO & PMSL- Nice to see even trust in marriage ain't sacred when it comes to saving money. What were you refilling it with, Lilly of the Valley?:D
    Life's a beach! Take your shoes off and feel the sand between your toes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure