IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Euro Car Parks PCN - Read Newbies Setion

Comments

• Mike313
    Mike313 Posts: 55
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Remove this bit in any non-disability related appeal:

Again, thankyou very much. Just to double check. Do I submit my appeal via the POPLA site, and do I need to convert the appeal letter to pdf format.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Do exactly what the newbies thread tells you to do. Dont ask if the newbies thread is correct, it is.
  • Mike313
    Forumite
    Do exactly what the newbies thread tells you to do. Dont ask if the newbies thread is correct, it is.

Thanks just reading through it again.
  • Mike313
    Forumite
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Remove this bit in any non-disability related appeal:

Would it be a good idea to remove this also:

"Ten minutes is not enough for disabled patrons and it is contended that the landowner must have discussed and addressed the issue of disability before allowing this operator to commence any rigid rules of parking enforcement and time allowed for the tariff"
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Are you disabled? If yes leave it in!!
  • Mike313
    Forumite
    Guys, I have finally finished my POPLA letter. Can I just ask, once I upload my pdf letter, do I need to upload the pictures ECP sent me of the vehicle and the signage? I assume this is the case as I make reference to them both in my appeal letter?

Thanks
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,431
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Any pictures you want to refer to in your PoPLA appeal are best embedded into your pdf appeal document.
    Embed them at the appropriate place in the document and refer to them as figure 1, figure 2, etc. in the text.
    Best that you only send one pdf. It makes it easier for the assessor to follow your 'story'.

I'm sure you have seen the sample Dropbox PoPLA appeals linked from post #3 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread, but to refresh your memory, have a look at this one:
  • Mike313
    Forumite
    Thanks KeithP :)
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Mike313
    Forumite
    Hi,

Just a quick update. POPLA has now been submitted and is now asking me for evidence notes.

Do I have to submit evidence notes? If so do I have to basically reiterate points already discussed in my appeal?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport