PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• PThome
    PThome Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    We finally exchanged and completion on the 17th May! Now is countdown time and speedy packing :)
    Still stressed about moving out and moving in in the same day, but everyone does it, so should be fine :):):)

Good luck everyone!
  • lena_halo
    lena_halo Posts: 164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Congrats PT! I!!!8217;m also nervous about moving in and out on the same day but I!!!8217;m currently getting a couple of quotes from moving companies so that it is a stress free as possible.

Best of luck to you!!
  • steph2901
    steph2901 Posts: 345 Forumite
    Options
    We are due to complete on 18th May, so excited and have been looking at carpets and paint :) We'll have a couple of weeks to move in as currently renting, so will be nice to get the new place ready in that time.

Hope things are going well for everyone else!
  • warnerr88
    warnerr88 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    So got a meeting with the solicitor on Wednesday morning to view and sign documents and also I guess to agree exchange and completion date. Closed my Help to Buy ISA today with Santander so I am hoping that bit goes smoothly also, said it should be closed by the end of today and money transferred to my current account..looking on my app still shows my help to buy ISA. How long does it take?
  • SG27
    SG27 Posts: 2,773 Forumite
    Options
    Hello!

We accepted an offer on our house 3 weeks ago. The buyers mortgage survey was done 2 weeks ago. Our solicitor sent our draft contract pack the day after sales memos were recieved so they should have had that for 2 weeks now. Heard nothing since. I assume they are waiting their mortgage approval? Anyone know if we will find out when their mortgage is approved? Is our solicitor informed?

One good piece of news the buyers are coming back to measure up this week so maybe that means they have their offer??

Timeline
    28/4 offer accepted
    03/5 draft contract pack sent from our solicitor
    03/5 valuation
  • CHlHlRO
    CHlHlRO Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aaaaaaaaargh!!! Top of chain said they were ready, NOW they’ve said they’re waiting on a mortgage offer!

:wall:
  • warnerr88
    warnerr88 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Went into solicitors dis morning and signed some documents, aiming for completion 25th May! Just waiting on HTB Isa's closing statements to come through so she can claim the bonus, mine came this morning just waiting for my partners. Fingers crossed should have then 2 weeks to move everything in.
  • steph2901
    steph2901 Posts: 345 Forumite
    Options
    We finally exchanged yesterday and are completing on Friday :)
  • Chrizzy_81
    Options
    Hi all,

I had my offer accepted 15th March and still have not exchanged! Apparently the seller 'forgot' he bought his house on help to buy! He has had the survey done for the help to buy people and had that sent to them today, but doesn't anyone know how long I can expect that to be resolved so we can exchange and set the completion date? Myself and my wife are so stressed about this it isn't even funny, as our lease is up in four weeks time.

Many thanks
  • SG27
    SG27 Posts: 2,773 Forumite
    Options
    SG27 wrote: »
    Hello!

We accepted an offer on our house 3 weeks ago. The buyers mortgage survey was done 2 weeks ago. Our solicitor sent our draft contract pack the day after sales memos were recieved so they should have had that for 2 weeks now. Heard nothing since. I assume they are waiting their mortgage approval? Anyone know if we will find out when their mortgage is approved? Is our solicitor informed?

One good piece of news the buyers are coming back to measure up this week so maybe that means they have their offer??

Timeline
    28/4 offer accepted
    03/5 valuation

Things have suddenly taken a jump forward! Our buyers mortgage was approved early last week, they've measured up for new carpets and yesterday we recieved enquiries from the buyers solicitor which our solicitor responded to buy email straight away. Just a few questions for us to respond to which was done last night. Searches are also done!

So not sure what the next step is now? Are we nearly there?!

28/4 offer accepted
    03/5 valuation
    08/5 buyer mortgage approved!
    17/5 searches back, enquiries received and repied to
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business