Doesn't Yodel care?

In March I had my first deliveries of mini plant plugs from Jersey. Up to now, every year the plants have been OK. This year, despite prominent print that the contents were plants, Yodel stifled yawns as they delayed delivery to 5 or 6 days. Yesterday I had delivery of replacement plants which took 7 days. Don't Yodel care? Plants are living things, even though, despite Yodel's best efforts, they looked OK, they were stressed - roots turning brown, taking a lot of TLC to get them to grow and flower. Grrrrr.

Comments

• bobwilson
    bobwilson Posts: 595 Forumite
    edited 15 May 2018 at 6:54PM
    I don't even need to read your post, the answer is no, they don't care.

EDIT: Apologies, I've read your post. Surprisingly, they have slightly bigger things to worry about, such as feeding their families and getting home on time so they can sleep before they return to work the next day.

They're plants, not a biological vaccine to the latest plague.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    aaaaaand yet you continue to buy from the same supplier.
    Then people wonder why companies still use cheap couriers......
  • bobwilson
    bobwilson Posts: 595 Forumite
    custardy wrote: »

aaaand so do you though, from what I can determine
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    bobwilson wrote: »
    aaaand so do you though, from what I can determine

Im not sure how you work that out.
    Try again.
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,772 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    In March I had my first deliveries of mini plant plugs from Jersey. Up to now, every year the plants have been OK. This year, despite prominent print that the contents were plants, Yodel stifled yawns as they delayed delivery to 5 or 6 days. Yesterday I had delivery of replacement plants which took 7 days. Don't Yodel care? Plants are living things, even though, despite Yodel's best efforts, they looked OK, they were stressed - roots turning brown, taking a lot of TLC to get them to grow and flower. Grrrrr.

If your plant supplier cared for their plants more than their profit, they'd use a carrier that got the plants to you more quickly - vote with your feet.
  • beardiedog
    beardiedog Posts: 658 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 May 2018 at 12:07PM
    Yodel are by far the worst delivery company in my experience, closely followed by TNT.

No, they (the company) don't care. The drivers, in my experience though, are very courteous and are probably overworked and underpaid.

Many deliveries from Viking arrive worse for wear. I've complained, as many others probably have, but nothing changes :mad:
  • AylesburyDuck
    AylesburyDuck Posts: 939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Personally i dont think the drivers are paid enough and are far too overworked with unreasonable delivery quotas to care. You can only vote with your feet and avoid companys who use them to try and make a difference.
    Fully paid up member of the ignore button club.
    If it walks like a Duck, quacks like a Duck, it's a Duck.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Personally i dont think the drivers are paid enough and are far too overworked with unreasonable delivery quotas to care. You can only vote with your feet and avoid companys who use them to try and make a difference.

It would take alot of people to do that and I cant see it happening.
  • beardiedog
    beardiedog Posts: 658 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    It would take alot of people to do that and I cant see it happening.

Yeah, we're insignificant so they couldn't care less unfortunately :(
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    custardy wrote: »

I have been buying plants from Jersey Plants Direct for years - always arrived in perfect condition - delivered by Royal Mail.

Mine arrived this year in a mess - delivered by Yodel. The packaging is perfect but the box has obviously been tossed around with no regard for the contents. I have informed JPD of the damage and have informed them that next year I'll be checking which courier they are using before placing my order.
    It appears that I will not be alone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport