PrinterPix photobooks - are they any good?

Hi
today's deal on LivingSocial (North London) is a 26-page A4 Photobook from PrinterPix for £9.

It looks a good deal but...

Has anyone used PrinterPix? What is the quality of their photobooks like? And their customer service? Googling for comments didn't show up anything useful.

A reply today (Thursday) would be briilliant as the offer is only open today

(Incidentally their website has stopped working - might be overwhelmed by the LivingSocial deal)

thanks!

LC

Comments

• djt100
    djt100 Posts: 36 Forumite
    We've just got through the book we ordered from the living social deal , and the print quality is appalling, like the printer was running out of ink, we also paid extra for the premium paper and there is no difference on the 2 books we ordered, one with and one without so not worth the £8 and you would have to be mad to spend £34.99 on one from them.
  • Ordered Leather Photobook (purchased through Groupon) and its rubbish.
    Pictures all blurry, colours changed.
    When I rang customer service they were really unhelpfull.
    Promised to email me with free post address, so i can return the book to be 'reviewed & if THEY think its not right, they will reprint it' BUT if they think its ok they wont do anything.

Used lots of other firms to do photobooks before i loved em. Will NEVER use printpix again.

Stay away and save your money!
  • ManPants
    ManPants Posts: 542
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hello,

I previously had 2 photobooks made up by "Photobox" as anniversary present for other half. They cost a lot but the finished result was amazing. Just as I ordered them the Groupon voucher came up for £8 for a book through Printerpix. I couldn't believe my bad timing! Anyway, I bought 2 vouchers and as the vouchers runs out at the end of the month I did a book for our last holiday. Compared to Photobox it was difficult to arrange the photos and there is one photo that printed sideways as no matter what I did I couldn't get it turned.

That was just doing it.

Today it arrived. The photos are blurry and poor quality despite being clear digital images on my Apple Mac computer. I had spent extra money than the £8 voucher upgrading it - more expensive paper, hardback etc so with the Groupon Voucher I have actually spent nearing £25 on what basically is a rubbish end product! My last £8 voucher I am just going to waste and not use as there is no point heaping more money onto poor quality!

Sorry to hear that others have similarly wasted money on this company!

Stupotstu
    Quit Smoking 12 years 2 months.
  • Ordered two books from printerpix, got a voucher off groupon for £8.00 I upgraded to the landscape book and higher quality paper as I was getting my wedding photos printed off.

Total cost was about £56.00 for two books. The images were taken by our professional photographer so they were high quality. The books arrived yesterday was so pixilated, and in one of the photos were im wearing red lipstick my lips are black. I was so unbelievably disappointed. I have contacted the complaints area but no reply yet.

Stays away from this company don’t waste your money.

1. Leather on the book isn’t stuck on properly
    2. Quality is so poor you can count the pixels
    3. Anything red becomes black in areas.
    4. Stinks of chemicals when it arrives
    5. Was meant to be sent by courier but arrived by 2nd class post.
  • Gleek
    Gleek Posts: 710
    First Post
    Forumite
    edited 2 October 2011 at 11:24AM
    I'd also contact groupon customer support if you're not getting very far and it was one of their deals you took out:

Groupon UK - Customer Service
    No 1 Liverpool Street,
    London EC2M 7QD
    Telephone: 02035100410
    E-mail: support@groupon.co.uk
    Princess Sparklepants
  • Gleek
    Gleek Posts: 710
    First Post
    Forumite
    Living social will likely help too:

United Kingdom
    25 Wellington Street
    London WC2E 7DA

Customer Service:
    080 0014 8431 (UK)
    Princess Sparklepants
  • Ramblings
    Ramblings Posts: 29 Forumite
    I had a printerpix offer through one of the daily deals sites and I was very impressed. The book we received is beautiful, great quality and the images came out perfectly. I would recommend them.
  • I used the Groupon deal to make two photobooks of trips my sons made to the French Alps & Honduras & was very worried after reading the above comments.

The first book arrived today & it's ok - for £12.50 (deal + P&P) my son has a nice memento of a great holiday. Picture quality is not perfect & I would definitely not have been happy at £34.99 but I would say that you probably get what you pay for. There must be a reason that these books aren't normally available for £8.
  • Pisces
    Pisces Posts: 224 Forumite
    I received my book this morning and as others have said, I'm disappointed with it. I ordered it with the Groupon deal, but had to pay extra for extra pages and hefty delivery charge despite it being sent second class - in total it was about £17. The print quality is poor - I wouldn't say the cover was even leather it's so thin and doesn't smell like leather. The printing is very variable; some pictures light, some dark, some pixelated some completely out of focus, others ok and the colours are very poor, despite the pictures all being from the same source.

It's not quite bad enough for the price to send back, but I definitely wouldn't buy from them again.

If you want a reminder of something and aren't too worried about quality then it's just about ok for the price. If you want a permanent reminder of a special event then take your business elsewhere.
    Go your own way..

Virtual sealed pot challenge member #103
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,886
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    You can get one for free .....

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3413013&highlight=photobook+lidl

Quality is reasonable too! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport