What small DFW things will you do w/c 12th November?

Options

Comments

• 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 12 November 2018 at 4:05PM
    Options
    Good morning all,

Thanks Dnms for the starter.

Hoping for a better week then last week so need to make sure today is productive.
    Todays list (not all money saving but it all keeps me on track)
    1. ys bread for ds1s breakfast with eggs Done
    2. ds2 to free school breakfast club Done
    3. back to the gym and refilled water bottle there twice Done
    4. drink tap water during the day and just have a cuppa tonight well I made it it 12.45 then I've made a cuppa ;)
    5. rm surveys Done
    6. check banking/update spreadsheets Done
    7. record mileage Done
    8. add water to the chicken bones & peelings in the slow cooker to make a stockDone
    9. pay for ds2s judo grading Done
    10. ring hospital to make blood test appointment for ds2 Done
    11. ring drs to order repeat prescription for dh (will then pick ds2s up at the same time tomorrow rather then two trips) Done
    12. tidy fridge, make sure nothing goes to waste Done
    13. make some breakfast bars - to go in packed lunches for the rest of the week Done
    14. make families lunches for tomorrow Done
    15. try on jeans as if they don't fit I'm going to have to buy some more as I don't have much time to lose weight before needing some jeans for a night out thats only just come up :eek: Done, they fit, but would be better with less of me to squeeze in them! must get back to eating better. I make sure the kids do!
      :heart: Ironed just dh's work shirts, everything else hung straight away
      :heart: switched ds2s alarm clock off at the wall as it will auto reset tonight.

Thats my starter, better crack on!
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 12 November 2018 at 12:48PM
    Options
    allydowd wrote: »

* Get some exercise. We are going to our rented storage locker today to put away all our Summer stuff. So that's some free weught-lifting. I know renting storage space isn't very MSE....but it is what it is.

Great Smurf! Just got back from storage depot.

:mad: A few weeks ago we were advised that all our things were being moved from Small Sized Locker A to Medium Sized Locker B because of maintenance work at the storage depot. No extra cost. We went in today to find that our padlock had gone from Medium Sized Locker B and peering through the door hinge saw that our stuff was missing too.

Called Man A over. He said he didn't know what had happened. 20 mins later we discover that our stuff had been moved back to Small Sized Locker A without notifying us, and our padlock had been bolt-cuttered open.

After 20 mins it transpired that Man B had cut off our padlock and moved our stuff back to Small Sized Locker A and secured the locker with one of his padlocks. But he hadn't updated us or our file with this information. And he'd closed the door on our fridge so now it smells musty. The key for this locker was eventually found (in our file) and given to us and away we went. I demanded we be given the new padlock and key. Man A apologised.

Then....

:mad: We came out of Lidl to find someone had scraped DS's bumper in the car park and hadn't had the integrity to leave a note on the windscreen. T-Cut will fix the worst of it but that's not the point.

...I had big plans for today and I feel knackered already. :cry:

I know these are First World problems and really not the end of the world but I felt really upset. I have a mental issue about how things are physically arranged (not OCD, another issue) and the fact that the items were arranged 'wrongly' in the locker messed with my head and I had to move everything back to 'where they go'.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    allydowd wrote: »
    Great Smurf! Just got back from storage depot.

:mad: A few weeks ago we were advised that all our things were being moved from Small Sized Locker A to Medium Sized Locker B because of maintenance work at the storage depot. We went in today to find that our padlock had gone from Medium Sized Locker B and peering through the door hinge saw that our stuff was missing too.

Called Man A over. He said he didn't know what had happened. 20 mins later we discover that our stuff had been moved back to Small Sized Locker A without notifying us, and our padlock had been bolt-cuttered open.

After 20 mins it transpired that Man B had cut off our padlock and moved our stuff back to Small Sized Locker A and secured the locker with one of his padlocks. But he hadn't updated us or our file with this information. And he'd closed the door on our fridge so now it smells musty. The key for this locker was eventually found (in our file) and given to us and away we went. I demanded we be given the new padlock and key. Man A apologised.

Then....

:mad: We came out of Lidl to find someone had scraped DS's bumper in the car park and hadn't had the integrity to leave a note on the windscreen. T-Cut will fix the worst of it but that's not the point.

...I had big plans for today and I feel knackered already. :cry: I know these are First World problems but I feel really upset.

What a start to that day :( I hope it picks up and you can re-centre yourself
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 November 2018 at 2:54PM
    Options
    boo to that ally! Hope you can find something to help you refind your equilibrium x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • 1LuckyLady
    Options
    I'm not surprised you're upset Ally, what a start to the week.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,113 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon Frugalistas,
    Awww, LPP - let's have you out of that 'dark place' & back with us. I've been through a very difficult few weeks myself & now I'm back posting my lists up on here, I am finding it is helping me feel I'm getting 'back to normal' (whatever that is!) - nice to 'see' you, anyway x

And here is today's list - I've only stopped to eat lunch & watch an hour of TV, & feel I've been quite productive:
    *Overnight laundry on cheap tariff - or rather half of it was....my maths went a bit wrong with the timer because I was yakking to mr f & I managed to set it so that the full price tariff kicked in mid-way through the wash cycle. Bah!!
    *Laundry pegged out as sunny - will doubtless need to finish off big towels etc on heated airer overnight.
    *Another load put on timer (better maths this time!) for tonight.
    *Made tomorrow's packed lunch.
    *Mix up sourdough for baking tomorrow morning.
    *Steak & kidney in the slow cooker - will use up 2 wilty leeks by mashing them in with the potatoes. Looks like too much cavalo nero for 1 meal so will blanch & freeze the surplus.
    *Soaked chickpeas ready to use tomorrow.
    *Picked parsley & winter savoury.
    *Sold 5 more ebay items - will be wrapping them later today using wrappings from my recycled stash.
    *Photographed, weighed & re-listed 10 more items.
    *Entered a prize draw.
    *Might enter a competition if I can complete the slogan - I have to be in the mood for those.
    *Downloaded our latest energy bill, just received, & investigated it. Good news is that we are £266 in credit towards the coldest months of the year. Not so good news is that we have used more units than last year. Hmmmm. Might have to ponder this in today's dfw diary entry.
    *Mended a top. Thought it only needed one of the tie sewing back on, but it ended up needing both of them doing, plus 2 little holes darning! I still did it though - quite an old top, but one that I really like.
    *Continue knitting the back of my jumper. Hoped to finish it last night but am having to be careful with my thumb as I have some kind of RSI in the tendon.
    What a rum day some of us are having - esp Ally! I have to admit we have also left an accidental blue 'go faster stripe' on a nearby parked car & didn't leave our details, but this is because I managed to remove all evidence very effectively with an old C*sta's napkin from the depths of my handbag.....& spit! That BMW owner honestly would never have known we'd been anywhere near his pride & joy.
    Love to all,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 12 November 2018 at 6:22PM
    Options
    1LuckyLady wrote: »
    I'm not surprised you're upset Ally, what a start to the week.

boo to that ally! Hope you can find something to help you refind your equilibrium x

Thanks, guys. I managed to get rid of all the negative energy by putting Dinner Ladies on the tv and deep cleaning the whole kitchen, top to bottom. :cool:

(After I got a call from Storage advising us that in the bedlam we have managed to leave a folding chair outside our locker, so tomorrow we need to go back and claim it.)

Cleaning took me four hours but it was worth it:

*Mainly used Stardrops and washable cloths.

* Pulled out the fridge and freezer to clean them all the way round and underneath them before we contract Leprosy or something.

* Triaged and deep cleaned the fridge. Saw a tip on the internet and tried it out: cleaning the fridge seal with toothpaste. It was 50% successful. I used a trial sized tube I got free from the dentist. I had to finish the job with my usual method of soaking kitchen roll in bleach and trapping that in the seal and leaving it there for a few hours. Not eco, but seems to be the only thing that cleans the seal properly. A couple of things had gone off in the fridge, need to watch this as we never let that happen. :(

* Triaged all our food. We've ended up with 5 boxes of cereal and 8 boxes of creamed coconut. Something's gone wrong with DW's list system. :rotfl: DW has stocked up on washing up liquid and washing powder as she swears it goes up in price nearer to Decemberfest.

* Consolidated some foods where DW had opened two identical boxes/bottles/jars at the one time. Ended up taking a carrier bag of recycling down to the bin.

* Re-organised the way our bakeware is stored so that we don't get a ceramic avalanche every time we open the cupboard which risks breaking something.

* Scrubbed all items in the cutlery drawer as there seemed to have been some sort of incident in there. :eek:

* Put crackers in a decent glass biscuit jar with a good seal instead of the Tupperware box that we've been using that has a poor seal and lets in moisture.

foxgloves wrote: »
    What a rum day some of us are having - esp Ally! I have to admit we have also left an accidental blue 'go faster stripe' on a nearby parked car & didn't leave our details, but this is because I managed to remove all evidence very effectively with an old C*sta's napkin from the depths of my handbag.....& spit! That BMW owner honestly would never have known we'd been anywhere near his pride & joy.

lt wasn't the cost of the damage, it was the lack of an apology that enraged me! Even a note saying "Sorry, I'm too broke to compensate you" would've been fine.

Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • 1LuckyLady
    Options
    Ally, glad to hear that your day improved, its years since I watched Dinner Ladies, I may have to revisit, Victoria Wood always made me smile.

Our meal tonight was a lovely use up meal,
    we had the last of yesterdays cauliflower cheese, I cooked more broccoli to increase the veg portions, added in some diced chicken and 1/2 a pack of bacon then mixed it in with pasta, the kids thought it was great and Ds1 was very impressed that his cauli cheese from yesterdays roast lunch became a pasta based meal today :) For dessert we had a spoonful of coconut yogurt with some stew apple (ds1 doesn't bother with fruit much and won't bother to sit and eat an apple but stew it and call it dessert...) on top of that I added the crumbed bits of the breakfast bar (the edges that were over done so they collapsed(as they were too crispy) rather then hold their shape when I cut them this morning)
    Yum Yum Yum
    I need to plan tomorrows meals now but can't really think as I'm full!

Take care all.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all :)
    Thanks for the start DNMS :)
    Hope you are feeling better LPP
    Ally, what a 'mare :(
    1LL, I have that problem with my jeans atm :o

Had a mixed kind of day - weather started off nice, but about an hour ago we had a really heavy rain and hail storm :eek:
    Went to sales unit to add some new items / tidy up
    Popped into the CS en route to Boots and found a nice meat safe for £5 :j I suspect they didn't know what it is.... but then a limited number of people would want one, I suppose...
    Stocked upon Vicks First Defence as advised by the nurse who did my flu / pneumonia jabs
    Leftovers for lunch
    Curry out of freezer for dinner
    Helped OH to set up his dashcam :mad:
    Wrapped up lots of ebay parcels, struggled to keep one of them under 2kg, think I have succeeded :(
    Finished off yesterday's treacle pudding for afters (yum, mustn't make that too often :eek:)
    Discussed with OH and we have decided to buy another freezer. We currently have 2 small ones. May buy another small one and stick it in the garage, or a bigger one and sell the current standalone small one. Depends what is available. Will look in charity shops, as some of the local ones do overhauled and guaranteed appliances. Will try the one in our little town first, and if they don't have anything, will look at a charity in the next town.

Still need to check banks, update spending diary and spreadsheet etc. Going to aim for another early night I think.
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    *googles meat safe*
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories