Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 21st Nov 17, 11:04 AM
    • 1,813Posts
    • 16,195Thanks
    WannabeFree
    “Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”
    • 21st Nov 17, 11:04 AM
    “Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.” 21st Nov 17 at 11:04 AM
    Back in May this year I decided things had to change. I turned to here and received an amazing amount of help and advice. Here I am making a fresh start.

Debt 09/05/2017

Council Tax £2092.71
    Court Fine £1250
    Court Fine £200
    Person 1 £1000
    Person 2 £1000
    Person 3 £1379
    Person 4 £427
    Debt Total £7348.71

Rent Arrears £3381.28

Total £10729.99

*Person 4 £575
    *New Debt £732
    *Debt 1 £387.29
    *Debt 2 £1451.40
    *Debt 3 £1137.73
    *EDF £3140.65

Total £18154.06

*As more comes out from under the carpet I will update here.
    Last edited by WannabeFree; 21-11-2017 at 12:21 PM.
Page 123
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 18th Nov 18, 3:31 PM
    • 1,813 Posts
    • 16,195 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Anyway Sunday again. Wish the weekends didn't go so fast

We really haven't achieved anything either. I always feel guilty when its been a weekend at home (other than popping to the supermarket) but it's just so cold! and all 3 are still drowning in a cold and chest infections. All in good form though.

We have done homework and baked biscuits I guess that counts as a small win.

Have got a few things in my Amazon basket for DS for Xmas will try to survey to cover them and then Xmas should be done. I will keep hunting the charity shops for the famous pig figures and things for youngest (why are they so expensive new ) and will probably add some stationary bits in for DD.

I still haven't made cards to send We must finish them soon we don't have many to send mainly teachers/school friends.

I'm amazed how many people have their decorations up already?! Ours won't be up for a couple of weeks yet.

Hope everyone is well

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.”
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 18th Nov 18, 4:57 PM
    • 5,789 Posts
    • 40,943 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    I really hope little one gets her DLA back Wannabe. If the DC all have colds then they're probably better off in the warm. It sounds like they're content anyway .
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017
    NEW GOALS - Build Emergency Fund & Loss of Income Fund. Save for house repairs.
    EMERGENCY FUND = £17
    "Tough times never last, but tough people do" - Robert H Schuller
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 18th Nov 18, 5:45 PM
    • 9,155 Posts
    • 55,137 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    So pleased you’ve requested the MR. Fingers crossed Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0

NSDs achieved in 2018 39/60
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 18th Nov 18, 6:20 PM
    • 1,813 Posts
    • 16,195 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Thank you just a waiting game now I guess

Anyway smalls all bathed and ready for bed. Youngest has been sick again. Never ending so she won't be in school. I feel awful but I'm worried I have an important appointment on Tuesday so she needs to be in school then Arghh! Obviously her health comes first and I will rearrange if needed but I really don't want to after waiting so long for it and it is important.

I have so much on these next few weeks we have no time to be poorly anymore

I also STILL need to pay for the school trip for youngest Hoping they will wait till next Friday Will speak to school tomorrow. She probably won't even get to go! but that's another argument.

Appointment Tuesday is in big town, tempted to walk so I can use my bus fare on a coffee Priorities right?
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.”
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

58Posts Today

2,267Users online

Martin's Twitter