Plusnet and £75 cheque / Mastercard

I signed up to Plusnet on 12th April through Moneysavngexpert when it was still showing up as a £75 Mastercard. However I don't recall seeing any information from Plusnet to say they were involved in this promotion or that they would be sending anything to me.

Is this common to this promotion or has something gone wrong? It is now over 30 days since I placed the order by clicking through the MSE site. :sad:

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Who was giving the kickback ??What did it say on the advert ??
    Different offers on todays PN deals.

Including .
    <Important! Annoyingly Plusnet makes you claim your prepaid Mastercard. You'll get an email within 10 days of activation explaining how, and you must do it within two months. It should then arrive within 30 days.>
  • luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    I got an email to claim mine did this then received email from company I think called Pure who were dealing with this ....received gift card in a couple of weeks ...no problem
  • Hello I would be interested to hear the answer to the original problem the OP posted.

I applied via MSE Broadband unbundled broadband comparison tool at the beginning of April. The cashback was to be received via £50 preloaded Mastercard. I have yet to receive a single email regarding the cashback method at all. I have rang and emailed Plusnet directly and they state that the cashback deal is 'affiliate cashback sites' (ie MSE) and I need to take it up with you.

I'm not sure where to turn or who to call next regarding the issue. The broadband went live with Plusnet on 16th April. Can anybody point me in the right direction with this issue?
  • Hi there.

I also saw the £75 pre-paid MasterCard deal with Plusnet and signed up to it.

I took out the Unlimited Broadband deal, which Plusnet activated on 30/04/19.

I had loads of emails from Plusnet but none that addressed the £75 card so I initially chased it up on 03/05/19 via their we chat. Since then I have chased it up and today was told that it is down to MSE to sort out as an affiliate site.

After 6 weeks of wasted time I have used the MSE link for them to chase it up.

Plusnet were quick enough to take the money but seem to want to wash their hands of anything offered to the customer.

I see that I am not the only one who has encountered this approach, so fingers crossed that MSE can sort it out one way or another.

:mad:
  • Chino
    Chino Posts: 2,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Plusnet were quick enough to take the money but seem to want to wash their hands of anything offered to the customer.
    That would be because Plusnet didn't offer the switching incentive.

You need to direct your complaint to MSE.
  • Buster_Danog
    Buster_Danog Posts: 703 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Chino wrote: »
    That would be because Plusnet didn't offer the switching incentive.

You need to direct your complaint to MSE.

Plusnet sorted this out for me. The billing customer services representative could see I was eligible for the £75 debit card, and sent an enquiry to the department that deals with these cashback incentives.

It tooks a few hours to get it sorted. I am impressed with Plusnet's customer service. It's very efficient.
  • Can anybody tell me who or what number I should be trying in terms of resolving it directly with MSE?
  • I too signed up because with this offer it made it cheaper to go with them and as EE had broken the terms of my contract it was a chance to get more for less money. I had a live chat with PlusNet today asking where my activation email was as my service was up and running. They have " raised a ticket" on my account as I queried the amount they said I was going to be paid, They said £50.00..I may be remembering wrong, but I was sure I was to be given more than £50.00
    I signed up for 18mths to Unlimited Fibre Extra & Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls and also paid landline charges in advance. Signed up 26/06/2019, activated 10th July 2019. Trouble is, that offer expired and they now have a new one with new dates, so it's now on me to try and find proof of the terms of my contract with them. Unfortunately my laptop is playing up at the moment so I can't look at what I saved when I was looking.They have said the only amount linked to my account is £50.00, they asked if I had proof it was more and if so send to them, surely all they have to do is look at the offers they had on at the time and then they'd know what I was owed.. beginning to wish I'd gone somewhere else if this is how they are with me a week into service...:wall::mad:
  • layna1491
    layna1491 Posts: 12 Forumite
    I signed up for the offer in May. Plusnet have continually moved the goalposts since then from a month, to 35 days to 60 days to send the £75 cashback.

Today, I've been told that I 'didn't sign up for what I think I signed up for' and that they will not be honouring the cashback agreement.

I've emailed the MSE website in the hope that they can help.

The internet speeds are dire too. How I wish I'd never gone for the offer :(
  • I too have been denied the cashback cheque in the offer that I accepted on 15 May 2019.

I chased it up after 3 months to be told time and again that I did not qualify for it, although I have the full terms and conditions that state explicitly that it is due.

PlusNet's latest refusal is in these terms:
    "Unfortunately as this was signed up online we have no proof that the option you clicked on was for the cashback offer. Normally if it was done over the phone I could have had the call listened to but that is not the case in this instance.

"We are not denying that the offer was there, because it was. It was just incorrectly signed up online as it never attached itself to that deal. That is why we are stating that this wasn't agreed to.

"I am sorry about this but unfortunately there is nothing further we can do."

It seems to me that they are saying that I may have signed up for the £75 cashback cheque offer but that their system did not register it correctly. Therefore I lose out as a result of their error. That must be a case for the Ombudsman if PlusNet sticks to that line.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure