I've been told I'm being terminated - help please!

Options
Hello, can anyone help me respond? Our company was recently taken over and before it was, I had a chat with my future boss and she told me all about her team, asked about me based on my LinkedIn profile and said she was thinking about what opportunities there would be for me (or not) and that she would follow up. I've now heard indirectly that I am to be terminated as it came up when I was talking to the new management about what to do with two of my team. I've not been with the company long (just over three years), but it still feels horrible, and it seems they are only getting rid of a handful of us, so I feel like they've ignored that I was doing a good job (according to my appraisals). We do all do different jobs so I guess it's not personal... Not sure what I should say next?!

Any help appreciated - thank you!

Comments

• TripleH
    TripleH Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Don't worry, sadly in a takeover companies do terminate positions (But hopefully not employees!!). Usually it will be because there is not the 'need' for 2 people to cover the same position.

Sadly as you worked for the company being bought, it will be the case that you are likely to be the one losing their job. Don't take it as a slight on you in any way.

Good luck with the job hunting.
    May you find your sister soon Helli.
    Sleep well.
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Surely the TUPE regulations will apply here?
  • tryin
    tryin Posts: 351 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    harz99 wrote: »
    Surely the TUPE regulations will apply here?
    Quote from gov.uk on TUPE 'exceptions could be if they’re made redundant' which is what it sounds like OP situation is. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure