Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 9th Aug 18, 10:27 AM
    • 26,132Posts
    • 69,124Thanks
    pollypenny
    Strictly 2018!
    • 9th Aug 18, 10:27 AM
    Strictly 2018! 9th Aug 18 at 10:27 AM
    First competitors named:

Ashley Roberts from !!!!!cst Dolls

Dr Ranj Singh from This Morning.

Definite signs of. autumn in the air. Here we go, folks.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
Page 35
    • Cheeky_Monkey
    • By Cheeky_Monkey 9th Oct 18, 10:48 AM
    • 1,942 Posts
    • 4,313 Thanks
    Cheeky_Monkey
    I don't think there'll be much point in voting this coming Saturday - I reckon the couple who will be leaving is pretty much a forgone conclusion
    • dave4545454
    • By dave4545454 9th Oct 18, 10:54 AM
    • 1,870 Posts
    • 2,649 Thanks
    dave4545454
    I wouldn't be so sure, the strictly curse can be a good thing ever since natasha kaplinsky won strictly while having an affair with her dance partner Brendon Cole.

I think seann will do very well in the competition, people will want to see how their relationship develops.
    A lot of the dances are very intimate, you need to see the chemistry there and the passion.
    Last edited by dave4545454; 09-10-2018 at 11:01 AM.
    Martin has asked me to tell you I'm about to cut the cheese, pull my finger.
    • luxor4t
    • By luxor4t 9th Oct 18, 12:10 PM
    • 10,475 Posts
    • 38,102 Thanks
    luxor4t
    Disappointed Lee has gone, he didn't deserve to go out so early..

Update on the Seann story..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6250199/Strictlys-Seann-Walsh-APOLOGIES-kissing-married-dance-partner-Katya-Jones.html
    Originally posted by Kirri
    Come back Lee, all is forgiven!

I know we are all different but I tune in to watch a dance competition, not some kind of "Love Island set to music".

If contestants/ professional dancers can't keep their hands of each other outside of the dances then they need to keep it private.
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
    • Cheeky_Monkey
    • By Cheeky_Monkey 9th Oct 18, 2:44 PM
    • 1,942 Posts
    • 4,313 Thanks
    Cheeky_Monkey
    I wouldn't be so sure, the strictly curse can be a good thing ever since natasha kaplinsky won strictly while having an affair with her dance partner Brendon Cole.

I think seann will do very well in the competition, people will want to see how their relationship develops.

A lot of the dances are very intimate, you need to see the chemistry there and the passion.
    Originally posted by dave4545454

Natasha and Brendan was 14 years ago, I think attitudes have changed since then. Also, it was only ever a rumour as opposed to this blatant exhibition.

I very much doubt that he will do well now. Who on earth is sad enough to be in the least bit interested in their 'relationship'. Although it is possible that more people will tune in this Sunday just to see them booted off.

I read online this morning that the judges wanted them sacked!
    • dave4545454
    • By dave4545454 9th Oct 18, 2:58 PM
    • 1,870 Posts
    • 2,649 Thanks
    dave4545454
    Natasha and Brendan was 14 years ago, I think attitudes have changed since then. Also, it was only ever a rumour as opposed to this blatant exhibition.

I very much doubt that he will do well now. Who on earth is sad enough to be in the least bit interested in their 'relationship'. Although it is possible that more people will tune in this Sunday just to see them booted off.

I read online this morning that the judges wanted them sacked!
    Originally posted by Cheeky_Monkey
    Brendon has now admitted about Natasha kaplinsky.

The programme will be well chuffed with all the publicity and a probable increase in viewing figures!
    The annual strictly curse has always been a very important factor of the show.
    Last edited by dave4545454; 09-10-2018 at 3:02 PM.
    • charlies_mum
    • By charlies_mum 9th Oct 18, 6:46 PM
    • 7,461 Posts
    • 32,116 Thanks
    charlies_mum
    Brendon has now admitted about Natasha kaplinsky.

The programme will be well chuffed with all the publicity and a probable increase in viewing figures!
    The annual strictly curse has always been a very important factor of the show.
    Originally posted by dave4545454
    I wouldn't have thought the producers are at all chuffed by what's going on. Strictly has a reputation as a family show and this just tarnishes the show's reputation

When the dancers are single then fair enough, but one is married and the other in a long term relationship
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever
    • dave4545454
    • By dave4545454 9th Oct 18, 6:57 PM
    • 1,870 Posts
    • 2,649 Thanks
    dave4545454
    I wouldn't have thought the producers are at all chuffed by what's going on. Strictly has a reputation as a family show and this just tarnishes the show's reputation

When the dancers are single then fair enough, but one is married and the other in a long term relationship
    Originally posted by charlies_mum
    You don't know tv at all, the producers will be absolutely delighted at all the publicity this is bringing, even making national news now, which will probably result in high viewing figures.
    Notice how the show are not throwing the pair off, they are revelling in it, desperate for the pair to dance on Saturday for the increased viewing figures.

And as for it being a family show, that is very debatable with the amount of sexual innuendo in it. Bruno, for starters, is like a horny dog trying to hump every contestant's legs!
    Last edited by dave4545454; 09-10-2018 at 7:04 PM.
    • charlies_mum
    • By charlies_mum 9th Oct 18, 7:24 PM
    • 7,461 Posts
    • 32,116 Thanks
    charlies_mum
    Maybe I don't know tv but I know what I don't like, and I don't think viewing figures are going to go up with people tuning in to see if any relationship develops

I hope Seann goes on Saturday as he is the worst dancer and was massively over marked by the judges on Saturday.
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever
    • SMCG
    • By SMCG 9th Oct 18, 7:26 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    SMCG
    I did see something on BBC news about the comedian. It all kicked off on social media with A4 letter pages being written by the "ex file".

For me, the comedian should be evicted. Him and the dancer.

I am sorry but this "it was a drunken think" is a joke. A joke that is not funny.

He and his dancer have brought shame to a BBC TV show.

GET THEM OUT, GET THEM OUT
    • dave4545454
    • By dave4545454 9th Oct 18, 8:39 PM
    • 1,870 Posts
    • 2,649 Thanks
    dave4545454
    I did see something on BBC news about the comedian. It all kicked off on social media with A4 letter pages being written by the "ex file".

I am sorry but this "it was a drunken think" is a joke. A joke that is not funny.

Originally posted by SMCG
    There's always been a lot of shame brought to the program.

This is nothing compared to Ben Cohen cheating on his wife and leaving his kids for dancer Kristina Rihanoff, then getting her pregnant.
    • catkins
    • By catkins 10th Oct 18, 10:03 AM
    • 5,558 Posts
    • 11,867 Thanks
    catkins

Originally posted by SMCG
    An extremely over the top reaction from you.

Seann is an idiot who snogged a MARRIED woman. Yes Katya is the one who is married and yet it is Seann being torn to shreds by the newspapers and various tv programmes.

Why should either of them have to leave Strictly? We only know they snogged and even if they did go further well if everyone that has been unfaithful got sacked from their job there would be hardly anyone in work in the UK.

I absolutely detest cheating but think the amount of publicity this has received is ridiculous and pathetic. It was even on News at Ten! Everything going on in this country and the world and this was considered newsworthy!

Today there are TEN separate stories in the Mail about it. Just about all of them primarily being nasty about Seann.

I could understand it more if it were the Prime Minister or a member of the Royal Family but not a dancer that only people who watch Strictly will have heard off and a comedian. Sorry but he hasn't committed a murder has he?

I know allegations have now been made by his ex girlfriend but that is all they are - allegations. She may well be telling the truth but there is also the possibility she could be lying.
    The world is over 4 billion years old and yet you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie
    • andygb
    • By andygb 10th Oct 18, 11:01 AM
    • 13,028 Posts
    • 29,392 Thanks
    andygb
    I used to play badminton and tennis, and mixed doubles in both sports resulted in many relationships breaking up. Dancing is no different, where there is constant touching and holding, it is pretty much inevitable that if there is a connection/attraction then being human beings, then they will enjoy more than just the moment.
    All of the dancers, men and women are in great shape and very attractive, and the celebrity dancers probably spend more time with them training than they do with their partners.
    • heartbreak_star
    • By heartbreak_star 10th Oct 18, 2:46 PM
    • 7,935 Posts
    • 17,690 Thanks
    heartbreak_star
    I'll still vote for them. I watch for the dancing - their personal lives are none of my beeswax

(Although my favourite for this year is DJJ, but I don't think Amy's much of a choreographer! I also like Faye - she's been ace!)

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Starmer4PM #Bremainer
    • jackieblack
    • By jackieblack 10th Oct 18, 3:33 PM
    • 8,692 Posts
    • 13,998 Thanks
    jackieblack
    I watch for the dancing - their personal lives are none of my beeswax
    Originally posted by heartbreak_star
    Agreed. I couldn't care less what they do off the dancefloor
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter,
    south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading

Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

MFW #4
    (2018 866.89 OPd)
    Jan 105.26, Feb 103.31,Mar 135.77, Apr 104.51, May 100, June 50

• spirit
    • By spirit 10th Oct 18, 4:24 PM
    • 2,760 Posts
    • 6,306 Thanks
    spirit
    Neil is the only one to come out of this with his dignity intact.
    Mortgage free as of 10/02/2015. Every brick and blade of grass belongs to meeeee.
    • jackieblack
    • By jackieblack 10th Oct 18, 5:37 PM
    • 8,692 Posts
    • 13,998 Thanks
    jackieblack
    Ok, so Seann and Katya on ITT just now...
    Not sure what to make of it tbh, but it certainly made uncomfortable viewing.
    Zoe Ball appeared quite uncomfortable as well.
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter,
    south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading

Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

MFW #4
    (2018 866.89 OPd)
    Jan 105.26, Feb 103.31,Mar 135.77, Apr 104.51, May 100, June 50

• dave4545454
    • By dave4545454 10th Oct 18, 5:39 PM
    • 1,870 Posts
    • 2,649 Thanks
    dave4545454
    Neil is the only one to come out of this with his dignity intact.
    Originally posted by spirit
    Well he's not too bothered as it's an open relationship anyway.
    • busybee100
    • By busybee100 10th Oct 18, 5:46 PM
    • 1,288 Posts
    • 2,561 Thanks
    busybee100
    Katya looked as if she was holding a lot back while Seann was speaking. First time I've seen it addressed up front and quickly.

• dave4545454
    • By dave4545454 10th Oct 18, 5:48 PM
    • 1,870 Posts
    • 2,649 Thanks
    dave4545454
    Ok, so Seann and Katya on ITT just now...
    Not sure what to make of it tbh, but it certainly made uncomfortable viewing.
    Zoe Ball appeared quite uncomfortable as well.
    Originally posted by jackieblack
    Don't know why Zoe ball would appear uncomfortable, she's famous for her constant cheating on her poor suffering husband Norman cook.
    Always in the papers kissing other guys
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 10th Oct 18, 6:10 PM
    • 26,132 Posts
    • 69,124 Thanks
    pollypenny
    I've wondered about a few marriages of convenience on the show.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

81Posts Today

2,568Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the weekend, it's the weekend, yay. It's that moment, when as usual, to sign off for family time. So I bid y? https://t.co/2RYRnz3fEe

• Actually the BBC was set up to "educate, entertain and inform" so I think it is one of its responsibilities and cle? https://t.co/HMP4Q2Uptu

• Today's FRI twitter poll: Puritanical new laws by Tories/Labour/EU/Trump/Putin (pick ur own scapegoat) dictate mode? https://t.co/3LW55tFGJ9

• Follow Martin