PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Comments

• mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Bbeautiful sunrise this morning. It's my sons birthday. Just hi and I rattling around in the house as DD2 is singing her way to Melbourne for 3 weeks and her sister is waiting for her. This may well be my future if she decides to return permanently.

I'm just about to get up and make the birthday boy meringues. He got a car a few weeks ago. That was it for the next few birthdays boyo!

So Tuesday was a bit busy.

Friend came and took us to airport. We said goodbye ( and I hate airport goodbyes and don't normally do them! ) we went to a big shopping centre.

Got a couple of bits to put by for Christmas. Friend a bit incredulous but I've always started early and put by if I see something I like.

Had a pizza buffet lunch. My treat for her taking us up to airport.

Home and mini snoozette before going to vets. Bandages off have meant an even bigger collar on. He went straight for the feet. So now getting bashed in the legs even more! His shoes have been ordered as we had to wait for bandages to be removed before we could measure his paws. They will arrive tomorrow. That will be fun I'm sure!

Beautiful evening. Went down to friends as had borrowed her scales to weigh cases. Wasn't looking and tripped over her step , BOOF! Landed in her door, bashed my toes but somehow didn't drop the glass scales!

Another beautiful day. Washing went out late but was dry.

Today I've a few things on the list of things to do. Go to kitchen showroom . I may walk even though it's way at the other side of town but I'm missing my walking ever morning.

Have a lovely day :)
  • Morning :)

My 5 simple pleasures:
    - Used up some cut-up chips left over from a Chinese takeaway which were forgotten in the freezer until I did my food inventory, and they were perfect reheated for tea, tasty easy and cheap :D
    Also used a little bit of rediscovered frozen gravy left over from a roast, OH really enjoyed it on his chips

- The red poppies in my garden are simply gorgeous

- My self -sown marigolds are coming out to flower :)

- The roses are stunning - I had a bit of a lull in the garden when the bulbs and aquilegia finished flowering, and it looks great again

- Used up the last of the wrinkly veg in the fridge in the garage - it's a fridge freezer which we don't really need any more now the kids are gone, fridge mainly has veg in it but the freezer section is still full. Aim is to get rid of it and just have some sort of (rodent proof) veg rack there, (as well as the main freezer) keep on top of it and only buy what I need so it doesn't need to be refrigerated!
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    1. Had work appraio. It went ok and I wasn't given very much to do for the next year.

2. Day was ok as someone was sick it could have been much worse.

3. Eventually made it to post office to post my parcel.

4. Enjoyed my walk from the post office to my car.

5. DS2 made it home and cooked.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Tuesday pleasures,

HM bread toasted with scrambled eggs and fried toms for breakfast.

After years of either growing them in bags or containers I have plumped for tumbling toms in baskets this year, one red and one yellow, will be interested to see how it compares.

Darling Mum’s climbing rose is in full flower, took photos and had to laugh at small dog getting in on act.

Talking of Diva’s, horse girlie decided that today was a day of testing Mum’s patience, hmm! We worked through our differences and finished the lesson with a game of “ follow me around the school whilst being ignored “ my but mares are a different kettle of fish :rotfl:

The Hotel Inspector, I like Alex’s straight talking ways, woman after my own heart!
  • Scrambled eggs, fried toms?
    Hope they're not working Ms Friths to the bone!

V Added extra spice to the Chicken Roulette yesterday. It made BoPsie!!!8217;s tongue. It is easier now we has bitsers inn the fridge to make it.

4 Nows as yous knows, BoP is inn his Veterans Breakfast Club. I was reading this day about beggars inn Poxford! Having supported Soldiers off the Streets recently at Breakfast Club, it minded me that in 1824 they enacted the vagrancy act to remove the Napoleonic soldiers from the street! No progress in 200 years!!! Now wait for it ladies. Educationalists. I wander how many of those living rough are debt ridden students!

Rant over. Just icase the others were inn for it!

3 I has not said oughts about me lunch box recently. Trifling today and usuals. Proper digestives as well. Ham today. BoPsie is having two special breakfasts this week. More tomorrow!

2 Interesting thing on BuckFace over the weakened. Two fake accounts, one removed sharply. The other attracted 30 gullible friends. Why are you not interested. Well I just clicked on one person who had accepted the fake friend was female. Soon I found she had a boy. I got the Boys date of birth from photos of his 21st Birthday party. I got his mother!!!8217;s maiden name from pictures of his grandmother!!!8217;s birthday party! I!!!8217;ll get the tickets for Bondi Beach, as you know I am beach ready!

Having one today! W8rs has write to me personally. It questions whether I has the ability or time to cook from scratch! See Chicken roulette above! It has offered me discount on cook boxes. A massive 50% off! Grab it while I cannot be bothered like! Well my Bitsers for Chicken Roulette do two nice delicious meals that keeps my BoPsie happy! Two Buzzard Breasts, two packs of button mushrooms, soy sauce, peppers and onions. Garden peas. All the ingredients for two meals for £5. And the peppers last all weak. The onion lasts all week. Please avoid!

The box of Chicken Pesto with Basil for 2 costs £28 AVOID! Do Chicken Roulette instead!

Search Soldiers off the Streets
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,564 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 15 June 2018 at 10:00AM
    & also has cookbox invitery.
    Don't know what 'tis. Unmoved to invesitigate, apart from which, unnecessary after bop enlightenings:
    There, proper lunchbox good for you flattery, with special sincere:-)
    Thankyou also Raffles for yellow thing [mostly]
    Reminds & to check again on NZRAF grave in village.
    Back to Spits prep. Earnings to be tried for.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• 1) He Who Knows has taken advantage of a nice afternoon and gone fishing with his pal from up the road.

2) The piles of packed boxes are getting higher in several rooms, did all the framed photos today into bubble wrap and a sturdy box.

3) Supper from stores tonight in the form of tamarind chick peas with wraps all of the ingredients for which I already have in.

4) The smell of the hay cut along Greenaway Lane slowly drying in the sun, heavenly.

5) Re homing a cd stand that was surplus to needs, I put it out on the edge of the drive saying Free take me I need a new home and someone has!
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,031 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    1 I’m shocked, pleased and emotionally drained. I advertised DF’s furniture last night and today, 2 separate people came around and bought the lot. I think perhaps I was being looked out for, I did give some things away that I would have given to charity and they wanted bits so they felt like it was a bargain.

2 Home with another car load of things, this time his plants and some other bits and bobs we are keeping.

3 Easy journey home.

4 Breaded haddock and veg was dinner

5 Animals pleased to see us, and we took our ill guy with us as he loves it over there. He’s still here 3 months after being given 3 days to live.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,154 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Quick update for today as I thought it was 10.45 and it is 11.45!

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Let chickens out and they were happy.

3) Took smaller son to school via Sainsburys.

4) Went for a cup of tea with my school friend.

5) We did the charity shops afterwards and I found a Jack Wills T shirt for smaller son (£4) and a shirt for me (£6) with the price tag on and it would have been £28.

6) Popped in to see my sister and niece on the way home.

7) Had a tidy up - hoovered and steamed the floors, dusted, fixed the curtain in the living room, did washing etc.

8) Walked down to the hens again at 6pm then to put them away at 9.30.

9) Have been watching old episodes of Dr Who (with D Tennant) on iplayer.

10) Bigger son came home after 2 days away with friends. He is happy at the moment.

11) In bed now with clean sheets.

12) Oh yes, and garden looking OK (it started to rain as I typed that!!) with 2 roses out side by side, pink and red. I have been told by my sister that one is Gertrude Jekyll (?) There is a 3rd climbing rose on the other fence which used to climb up the porch but got forcibly dug up and transplanted. It is sprouting but probably won't flower this year. Lilies are also out.
  • Quick 5 from me:

- The YL pastrami in the freezer is really lasting well in OH's sandwiches, chopped up with salad, greek style yoghurt and a bit of mustard

- I might just be beginning to get the hang of compost making, or at least it's got past the point of being total slime :rotfl:

- got a date for a medical procedure OH has been waiting for, I'm nervous but it needs to be done

-Sat and had a cup of tea in the garden with OH yesterday morning and 2 bluetits were feeding a baby on the fence, it was lovely to watch :heart2:

- Enjoying the windy weather this morning, reminds me of caravan holidays by the sea :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback