Child tax credits

Hi,

I’m new to this site, my partner changed his job from self employed to employed. I went on the online app to make this change but it only allowed me to change hours and income and didn’t allow me to put in his employers details. I called tax credits and they advised I was doing it on the wrong section, so I asked if they could amend it and she said couldn’t be amended because the change has been done so I asked if she could update the employers details. I didn’t have the address to hand so I then went back and done it online. I done the change on the 29th April and received a provisional award and on the award at the bottom of the first page where it says whywe are writing to you, it said we are reviewing the information you have given to us, your payments will remain as on part 3 once we have completed our review they may change. So I was quite worried as it why would it say that? So I called and they said everything had been changed over and my renewal has been sent out in 6th of May. I still haven’t received this. Am I just being paranoid or do u thinking they are starting an enquiry? As I know of someone else who got their renewal dated 6th May on Friday just past. Thanks

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,947 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Why would they start an enquiry? Have you checked your payments online?
  • Hi poppy,

I don’t know ����!♀️ I just found it odd that they said on the letter they were reviewing the information given to them. Payments have went down which I expected because of the increase in my partners income for 19/20. Plus if they said the renewal sent out in 6th I should have received it by now. Im a person that when I think something I overthink a lot and I end up making myself not well because of it, Thats the one thing I wish I could change but it’s constantly on mind not just this it could be anything and I overthink x
  • calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Ring them and say that you haven’t received the renewal they said they sent on the 6th. Check they have the right address and ask them to send it again. Post goes missing.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure