Apple muncher's number crunching

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,707 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Hi Karma

Ooh - you just made firefox crash! You have superpowers!! Use them wisely...

Did a 5-min workout this morning, but doubled it up to 10. Used my 12k KB and I'm v pleased with my progress.

Now having a very quiet day. Dd has opted out of dance and is tidying up her poppers. Yes, press studs. Press fasteners. A bundle I'd found in a ch shop and she is separating each pair from the card, re-attaching them to each other, and creating piles of different sizes.

Me, I'm doing the niggly finishing off of previous knitting bits. Approx 12 eyes on foxes and fish; 6 ears sewn up and attached; 6 noses embroidered on foxes; seam sewing-up of 4 mittens. Still to do: 4 fox ears to make and sew up and attach; 4 fox sox seams and 2 mouse seams to sew up.

Then I can finish my penguin mitts.

Then I can start to sew the teddies I cut out aeons ago.

But by then I'll be stuck into exam marking... Whoops.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Me not human! Me have superpowers :):):) Woo hoo!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • apple_muncher
    I may have placed 2 food orders rather recently...

One with AF.

T'other with doves - a massive gf flour order. Plain, self-raising, bread, rice and pizza base mix.

So now, dh won't be the only one getting surprise parcels!
  • apple_muncher
    Did extra help at kids klub today as they were short. It's always much noisier with this particular leader, so I was glad to leave early to take dd trampolining. We'd arranged to meet up with a friend she'd made at the posh school, so the girls went bouncing off and the mums got to know each other. They are a really lovely family and I hope they liked us too...

I have finished the knitting part of the second penguin sock (I'd forgotten all about them!). This was trialling a new method to male the 'easiest sock ever' pattern even easier. And I think it worked... Tho' I do still need to sew them up. Can someone please create a self-sewing-up sock...

This coming week is our internal exams week for ks3. But I'm still teaching y10 and y5 as well as invigilating ks3, so I don't gain much time... And must simply remember to be at the right place at the right time with the right materials... Oooh, just remembered that I drew my pen-and-paper schedule charts for the week. They're in the 'purple folder of an organised life'.

Mon - invigilate; teach y10; teach y5; order cupboard/wardrobe thingy; check re trip letters/replies; do some generics; possibly mark those pesky listening tests that are now my closest friends... Also - headspace; workout; turn up dd's trousers...

Standardisation starts on Tuesday. I will soon be wondering what I used to do with all my 'free time' that will then be allocated to it...
  • apple_muncher

Mon - invigilate; teach y10; teach y5; order cupboard/wardrobe thingy; check re trip letters/replies; do some generics; possibly mark those pesky listening tests that are now my closest friends... Also - headspace; workout; turn up dd's trousers...

I did it all, except turning up dd's trousers :T. And I did some extra marking that was even older than the pesky marking. And I also did some fresh marking.
  • apple_muncher
    So far, so good.

Headspace done.

300 jump squats jumped in 17m30.
    Washing is on.
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Yey to all the pesky things done.

What is this - you know I love this kind of thing :)

'Oooh, just remembered that I drew my pen-and-paper schedule charts for the week. They're in the 'purple folder of an organised life'. '
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • apple_muncher
    It's not too exciting, earthie... I got some squared paper and hand drew (v roughly) a grid for 7 days going down and 1 hour slots going across the top, from 6am - 7pm. It was because I knew I had teaching, invigilating, standardisation, exams, marking as well as the usual activities. And I wanted it on one sheet of paper. I also did one for the week after half term, then did one for half term. There's a small amount of colour coding :D.

They are in a purple wallet folder along with my printouts for schedules at work, etc. Hence the name - it makes me feel organised!
  • apple_muncher
    300 jump squats in the morning and 38 lengths of swimming in the afternoon. I am rather tired and my body is starting to let it be known that while it enjoyed the exercise, it would like to go to sleep. Now.
  • apple_muncher
    Another good day, getting niggly things done at work. Only niggly things to do (although they do need doing!), because my classes had only started to sit my test papers once I'd finished work today. By the time I leave tomorrow at noon, I'll have 7 sets of papers to mark. Plus exam board stuff. Fun times ahead...

So, plenty of paper papers, and online scripts to fill my time for the next wee while. I'm glad that it's half term next week. And that I do home workouts, as going to the gym would be so time-consuming. Though I've told dd we'll swim every day if she wants...

I checked all my craft items - bunnies, etc. And I have plenty. Phew.

Dh has mentioned going away for a week in the summer. I've said I'll go wherever he wants, as I have no headspace left for researching and comparing areas, facilities, prices.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback