Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• alarge
    alarge Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi

Due to cancel on Saturday (18th May) so two days to go.

Currently have pretty much everything...

Sky Q with Entertainment, Boxsets, HD, Kids, Multiroom (needed for 4K) and FibreMax Broadband. Also two mobiles on Sky Mobile SIM only £6pm deal.

Was paying £70 pm at the start but over the 18 months it raised to £78. Have tried calling various teams to see what deal I could get. The best was when Sky rang me one saturday a few weeks ago and offered it all for £80 per month. Whenever I call them however it only ever gets as good as £86 sometimes they say £92.

Have seen people on here have logged in and went to https://www.sky.com/mydeal. When I go on it says...

Sky Entertainment £22 > £15
    Kids £5 > £1
    Box Sets £5 > £1
    HD £5 > £1
    Cinema and Sports £41 > £22
    Total £78 > £40 per month (for 12 months)

If I add the £13 for multiroom and the £27 for fibremax (these are the base prices I believe) that comes to £80 pm.

Been looking at the Vodafone broadband for £26 pm and £100 Amazon voucher and NOW TV Don't want to lose Sports (not paying NOW TV price for it) and 4K cinema etc but in reality bluray is much better quality and 4k on sky doesn't seem that good to me.

I think that I am being offered about 50% off but I'm not sure that they could do more on Broadband and definitely something on the multi room? This is the first time I am realistically going to go through with the cancellation I think as I can no longer justify £80 combined for it.
  • The above for a new customer comes to £61.50 for separate packages or £59 when taking the combined TV/Fibre package so I'd say it's not brilliant TBH. Do you know what the breakdown of the charges are?

Here is the breakdown that I was given:

18 month contract
    Sky Q
    Entertainment = £15
    Boxsets = £4
    HD = £4
    Sky Fibre Max = £13
    Sky Pay As You Talk (no home phone)
    Line Rental = £14.99
  • saintscouple
    saintscouple Posts: 4,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I was a Sky Legacy customer with a 2tb Sky box and a 40% discount which expires in August, on a rolling contract. Was paying £34 a month.

Have lost interest in F1 so went on messenger today and negotiated the following on a 18 month contract -

Entertainment £13
    Hd £1
    Box-Sets £1
    = £15 a month

I lose kids channels and F1 which i don't need and save £19 a month.
  • Panda666uk
    Panda666uk Posts: 7 Forumite
    This is the deal i got yesterday with a £20 payment for a SkyQ 1TB box but looked at other peoples deals today and contacted them again but said that's the best they can do so cancelled sky, lets hope something pops up better before its cancelled lol

18 month contract
    Sky Q
    Entertainment = £22
    Sky Cinema = £11
    HD = £5
    Sky Go Extra = £5
  • mouse10
    mouse10 Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Left Sky a couple of months ago. Just had a come back to us email offering entertainment for £11, 12 month contract. Best offer before that was £15.
  • imavillan
    imavillan Posts: 56 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I let my previous 'deal' expire and my bill has gone from £75.25pm to a whopping £124.50.
    This is for (with an old HD box)
    Box Sets Bundle
    Sports HD
    Cinema
    Sky Go Extra
    Entertainment
    BB Un-ltd with talk eve & w/e

I have just called them to complain that the bill has changed and that there no way i can pay that for tv etc.
    After a long conversation which they tried to get me to have Sky Q i was eventually offered the following....
    Entertainment - £22
    HD - £5
    Box Sets - £5
    Cinema - £11
    Sport - £16
    BB & Phone - £20 - or super fast BB for £27

Package comes in at £79
    £4 more than i was paying on a new 18 month contract.
    My initial thoughts are this is a decent deal for me, but when i read back on the thread many people have better than this and thats with Sky Q.

The Sky haggle merry go round is a pain. Phoning up every time, going through the same old speech with different people to be transferred to the right dept etc.

The question is will i get a better deal if i go down the 'i'm leaving' route and cancel and then hopefully get retentions call me?

Would appreciate peoples opinions and other experiences to guide me.

cheers :beer:
  • Panda666uk
    Panda666uk Posts: 7 Forumite
    I cancelled 2 days ago and got a retention's email today so signed up for another 12 months with the below.

Entertainment £15
    Cinema £10
    HD £1
    Kids £1
    Box Sets £1
    Free Sky+ HD WiFi Box
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    imavillan wrote: »
    I let my previous 'deal' expire and my bill has gone from £75.25pm to a whopping £124.50.
    This is for (with an old HD box)
    Box Sets Bundle
    Sports HD
    Cinema
    Sky Go Extra
    Entertainment
    BB Un-ltd with talk eve & w/e

I have just called them to complain that the bill has changed and that there no way i can pay that for tv etc.
    After a long conversation which they tried to get me to have Sky Q i was eventually offered the following....
    Entertainment - £22
    HD - £5
    Box Sets - £5
    Cinema - £11
    Sport - £16
    BB & Phone - £20 - or super fast BB for £27

Package comes in at £79
    £4 more than i was paying on a new 18 month contract.
    My initial thoughts are this is a decent deal for me, but when i read back on the thread many people have better than this and thats with Sky Q.

The Sky haggle merry go round is a pain. Phoning up every time, going through the same old speech with different people to be transferred to the right dept etc.

The question is will i get a better deal if i go down the 'i'm leaving' route and cancel and then hopefully get retentions call me?

Would appreciate peoples opinions and other experiences to guide me.

cheers :beer:

The BB offer isn't bad and if you get the higher figure for downloads (I'm restricted to the lower 38Mbps deal for instance) then I would accept that, schedule a cancellation for the TV though, that's the usual terrible first offer. If they try to claim the BB offer is dependant on accepting the TV offer then look for a better BB deal (you should have the offers from other companies in front of you ready).
  • imavillan
    imavillan Posts: 56 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    UPDATE:

Just called them and got through to cancellation and after being on the phone for an hour.

Got Everything i have now, Ent, Sports, Box Sets, Cinema, HD, Plus an upgrade to a new SQ 2TB box +mini box, multi room, Super fast BB, phone calls

Offered this for £84pm

£30 for the SQ 2TB Box

£10 activation fee.

all on a new 18 month contract

Now, i am quite happy with this as it gives me Sky Q and multi room and the Super Fast BB for a little more than what i was paying and an improvement (with the upgraded equipment) on my previous offer.

I understand the ''actually'' cancel bit and they call you back, but given i am having the SkyQ 2TB box and BB upgrade would there be much more to come.

Looking around the net, the 2TB SkyQ box comes in at £199 !!!

Left it with them that i'm thinking about it.

If i do actually cancel, when could i expect a call from them?
  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    imavillan wrote: »
    UPDATE:

Just called them and got through to cancellation and after being on the phone for an hour.

Got Everything i have now, Ent, Sports, Box Sets, Cinema, HD, Plus an upgrade to a new SQ 2TB box +mini box, multi room, Super fast BB, phone calls

Offered this for £84pm

£30 for the SQ 2TB Box

£10 activation fee.

all on a new 18 month contract

Now, i am quite happy with this as it gives me Sky Q and multi room and the Super Fast BB for a little more than what i was paying and an improvement (with the upgraded equipment) on my previous offer.

I understand the ''actually'' cancel bit and they call you back, but given i am having the SkyQ 2TB box and BB upgrade would there be much more to come.

Looking around the net, the 2TB SkyQ box comes in at £199 !!!

Left it with them that i'm thinking about it.

If i do actually cancel, when could i expect a call from them?

The Sky Q is only £0 as you only rent/loan the equitment from Sky and it is never yours( aaprt from the broadband hub) so you saying on the net it's £199 means nothing. The £30 you are paying doesn't mean the box and mini are yours.

You may also not get this offer when you call back and it maybe more expensive or cheaper, it will all depend on the person you message/chat to.

You can put in to cancel and then go to your mydeal link to see what they offer but as you are on Skyhd the offer maybe just for that equitment.

Sky are playing hard to deal with at the mo the choice is yours really as you are the one that will be paying for any deal you get or nothing if you cancel and they switch off.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback