My DRO journey

1235»

Comments

• snowwhyte
    snowwhyte Posts: 63 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yeah, I'm going to print out a copy of my insolvency record plus screenshot it and email it to myself just in case and then I'll keep an eye on my credit report and see if they get updated properly. I suspect i will have to chase up Natwest as they have my earliest default date listed as four months after the DRO started.For now though i am just enjoying the feeling of finally being debt free.
  • snowwhyte
    snowwhyte Posts: 63 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I received a letter from Barclaycard this morning. They have been reviewing their operating procedures and think they could have dealt with my account better and so they want to give me £75 as an inconvenience payment.
    I wonder what specifically they think they did wrong. They were very good once I told them i was having problems.They froze my interest and gave me a long payment break and when I got the DRO they got my default date correct.

Perhaps they could have realized I was having problems sooner. I was only paying the minimum for a long time and they still upped my limit a few times. It was mainly on me for ignoring the issue though and thinking if i just waited things would get better.
    I am happy to receive the payment though. Has anyone had anything similar?
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,848 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    snowwhyte wrote: »
    I received a letter from Barclaycard this morning. They have been reviewing their operating procedures and think they could have dealt with my account better and so they want to give me £75 as an inconvenience payment.
    I wonder what specifically they think they did wrong. They were very good once I told them i was having problems.They froze my interest and gave me a long payment break and when I got the DRO they got my default date correct.

Perhaps they could have realized I was having problems sooner. I was only paying the minimum for a long time and they still upped my limit a few times. It was mainly on me for ignoring the issue though and thinking if i just waited things would get better.
    I am happy to receive the payment though. Has anyone had anything similar?

Yes I have, periodically lenders review there procedures, sometimes they identify behaviour that does not quite hit the mark, ie, they could have tried harder, whatever the issue may have been, small inconveniance payments are common place.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • It's been just over three months since my DRO ended and two of my five accounts have been marked as settled and three of the five have the correct default date. I'll probably have to start chasing them up soon to get my credit file updated.
    I received a letter from Natwest this morning. They have an incorrect default date listed but are showing my account as settled. They have realised that they incorrectly applied a charge to my account and are refunding me £18.50 but applying it to my now settled balance. Barclaycard were nice enough to send me a check when they realised they had been at fault. I must say I am glad to finally be done with Natwest. Their customer service was pretty bad the entire time I was with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure