Redundancy payment helpline 😤😤😤

Can anyone advise me on what to do. I was made redundant over 6 weeks ago and I am trying to contact the redundancy payment helpline on 0330 331 0020 but it has been constantly engaged for 2 weeks now. I constantly try throughout the day and it is always the same, not even an answer machine telling me to press this or that-just the engaged tone. Has anyone managed to get hold of them recently on a different number.
Thansk

Comments

• I’m in a similar position, were you successful in ever getting through to them?

I’ve received owed money and redundancy, however my LN number is not connected to my NI number and not allowing me to claim Lieu of notice. They’ve also not responded regarding owed holiday pay.

I’ve phoned twenty times today (plus multiple times over the last two weeks) hoping to get through but without success. Sent an email last week that still hadn’t been replied to. I doubt they’d be so inefficient if claiming tax off me :mad:
  • rustywallet
    rustywallet Posts: 167 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    We're in the same boat too. I'm helping my partner. The line is constantly engaged, it can take 20 minutes of constant redial to get through, then left on hold indefinitely!

He's trying to claim for loss of notice too and the online system won't accept NI and LN number given, I assume it's the same problem (not been linked together).

I emailed them weeks' ago about his holiday pay and never received a reply, so it's not worth emailing them again.

Does anyone know if there is a complaints number?
  • rustywallet
    rustywallet Posts: 167 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I did get through in the end - it took 45 minutes on hold.
  • Zippy82
    Zippy82 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Just to update for anyone else in a similar situation

You’ll fill out the form for redundancy (make sure you tick that you want to claim lieu of notice) and then you’ll

1. Receive days owed
    2. Receive redundancy
    3. They’ll then notify you when you can apply for payment in lieu of notice (roughly 3 months after applying for redundancy)
    4. Should get owed holiday pay and PILON minus ant benefits claimed.

Still unable to talk to anyone there via telephone and takes about 8-9 working days for a response to email. A shame that when people lose their jobs, this is the kind of awful service they receive. None of the above information is provided so you’re simply left guessing. Probably because it’s money-out rather than money-in.
  • evacx2
    evacx2 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 20 August 2019 at 10:36AM
    Zippy82 wrote: »
    I’ve received owed money and redundancy

Hi Zippy82,

Could I ask, how long did it take them to pay you? Also how do they pay you? Do you just get a payment in your bank which you provided on the application or do you receive a confirmation of sorts? Letter, email?

I'm asking as I made a claim 5.5 weeks a go and I have heard nothing at all, says they are usually settled in 6 weeks?

Thank in advance.
  • evacx2 wrote: »
    Hi Zippy82,

Could I ask, how long did it take them to pay you? Also how do they pay you? Do you just get a payment in your bank which you provided on the application or do you receive a confirmation of sorts? Letter, email?

I'm asking as I made a claim 5.5 weeks a go and I have heard nothing at all, says they are usually settled in 6 weeks?

Thank in advance.

Initial redundancy plus owed holiday took two weeks after applying. I had an initial confirmation saying they’d received my application, then an email the day before the money went in.
    Lieu of notice can not be applied for until the ‘notice period’ (whether you had it or not) has expired. This took roughly three weeks.

Good luck with the application for money, it’s like hitting your head against a brick wall.
  • Zippy82 wrote: »
    Initial redundancy plus owed holiday took two weeks after applying. I had an initial confirmation saying they’d received my application, then an email the day before the money went in.
    Lieu of notice can not be applied for until the ‘notice period’ (whether you had it or not) has expired. This took roughly three weeks.

Good luck with the application for money, it’s like hitting your head against a brick wall.

Thank you Zippy82!
    Well I'm 5 1/2 weeks in and nothing as yet so fingers crossed.
  • Zippy82 wrote: »
    Initial redundancy plus owed holiday took two weeks after applying.

Once more quick question Zippy82, was the amount you received true to what you expected by using the calculator?
  • We are having the same problem too. We have been waiting for 9 weeks now, most of my husbands co workers have received it. We can’t get through to anyone, constantly engaged, I guess we will have to keep trying. We’ve also sent an email. It’s so frustrating.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure