IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

County Court Judgement - BW Legal - Premier Parking Solutions

Backstory:
I parked in a private car park last year at 8am and attempted to make payment for my ticket through RingGo. The location code would not be recognised on my first attempts to call. I then rang back at around 8:15/20am and I paid for my parking (full 24 hours maximum fee).

Premier Parking Solutions (PPS) contacted me with a fine for non payment for a period of my parking. I ignored these letters as I had done no wrong and paid in full.

I do not live at my old address anymore and as more letters came in from BW Legal with a 'Notice for County Court Issued' and another (2 weeks ago) for 'County Court Claim entered against you'. I have only received these letters now as I picked up old mail from the address.

I have had another letter for 'Judgement for Claimant' at County Court Business Centre through BW Legal.

I have not responded to anything as of yet. This seems a real judgment against me and I am willing to fight the defence but have no idea how to proceed.

Please advise!

Note - I have access to call logs on my mobile which show my attempts to pay at the time of parkings and I have record of my actual payment for a full 24 hours also. My stay in the car park was for around 8 hours during the day.

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    read about £255 set asides in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread , post #2
  • ahcs
    ahcs Posts: 15 Forumite
    I feel I have a strong case as I’m not in the wrong. I parked there all week paying the full 24 hour max fee each day.

Does anyone feel this is not strong enough?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    ahcs wrote: »
    I feel I have a strong case as I’m not in the wrong. I parked there all week paying the full 24 hour max fee each day.

Does anyone feel this is not strong enough?

You certainly have a case but you now are in a position
    of the CCJ.

BWLegal take great pleasure in doing this, and it's fair
    to say that had you gone to court you would have won.
    Any old rubbish can take you to court if you are not there

In the mail you collected, was their an LBA Letter before action
    from BWLegal. This is a legal requirement whereby they
    must prove their claim against you and giving you 30
    days to respond
  • ahcs
    The first letter received from BW Legal stated there would be court action opened against me if money was not received within 30 days. Is this the letter you mean?
  • ahcs
    beamerguy wrote: »
    You certainly have a case but you now are in a position
    of the CCJ.

BWLegal take great pleasure in doing this, and it's fair
    to say that had you gone to court you would have won.
    Any old rubbish can take you to court if you are not there

In the mail you collected, was their an LBA Letter before action
    from BWLegal. This is a legal requirement whereby they
    must prove their claim against you and giving you 30
    days to respond

There was a letter saying a court judgement would be entered against me if I did not pay within 30 day. It did not set out evidence proving their claim.

I have seen online I should have received forms to respond to the court but I did not receive this even in my pack of letters
  • beamerguy
    The first letter received from BW Legal stated there would be court action opened against me if money was not received within 30 days. Is this the letter you mean?

YES but you did not see that .. correct until after
  • ahcs
    What do you mean “correct until after”? Sorry I’ve never seen this before so in the dark

Can you advise of steps going forward?
    The letters I received were a notice that if I didn’t pay in 30 days court action would be entered, then 1 month later I received another from BW legal saying court action has been entered and at the same I received a 1 page form “judgement for claimaint (by default)” from the county court business centre

I have received no evidence of the claim against me, or forms to fill in to go to court?
  • beamerguy
    What do you mean “correct until after”? Sorry I’ve never seen this before so in the dark

The letters I received were a notice that if I didn’t pay in 30 days court action would be entered, then 1 month later I received another from BW legal saying court action has been entered and at the same I received a 1 page form “judgement for claimaint (by default)” from the county court business centre

I have received no evidence of the claim against me, or forms to fill in to go to court?

Meant you read the LBA after this ended up in court
    so you had no chance to reply

It is important about the LBA. This should have provided
    evidence they would rely upon, costs etc.
    It's pre action protocol and trying to establish if BWL
    complied
  • ahcs
    beamerguy wrote: »
    YES but you did not see that .. correct until after

• beamerguy
    So, did the LBA provide .. evidence and proof of claim
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business