IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Euro car parks PCN help pls

Options

Comments

• MistyZ
    MistyZ Posts: 1,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Fairy1808 wrote: »
    Thank you. Is it worth complaining to my local MP too? obviously not divulging any details to the charge but I feel so sorry for all the innocent people especially more older or more vulnerable people that are just paying these fines. Makes my blood boil.
    I went back a few weeks ago and discreetly took pictures of the signage etc and in all honesty where it says in small writing “Camera Controlled” to me and other innocent members of the public I assume the cameras are for your cars safety! How foolish am I! It’s deceiving.
    Let’s hope the law changes soon.

I like the cut of your jib! Clearly your baby can't stand PPCs either.

Please do complain to your MP.
  • Fairy1808
    Options
    Well they did reply just in time so ivenow got my Popla code. Just trying to figure out what to put in the letter as I was trying to work my way through the popla posts but so many and not too clear. Any advice appreciated. Thank you.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 17 May 2019 at 9:03AM
    Options
    GRACE PERIODS (CLAUSE #13) of the BPA CoP
    NO LANDOWNER AUTHORITY
    POFA 2012
    POOR AND INADEQUATE SIGNAGE
    ANY BPA CoP failures
    ANPR issues and accuracy

find a similar POPLA appeal from the last 18 months and adapt it, especiallt GRACE PERIOD ones
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Do a forum search on Keywords 'Euro POPLA ' or 'ECP POPLA and learn from recent successful appeals for this company.

HOW TO USE THE FORUM SEARCH FUNCTION:

Hit your 'Back' button to get back to the forum thread list. On the bar just above the threads you'll see the 'Search' function. Click on the 'Advanced Search' button and on the following page place your keyword(s) in the 'Search By Keyword(s)' and make sure the 'Show Results As' button (at the foot of the window) is changed from 'Threads' to 'Posts'.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Fairy1808
    Options
    Oh lord this is so over whelming and have been reading others posts as advised but yet to complete my own popla appeal as don’t want to get it wrong or use a template which may be too old. I have until Monday so want to do it today. Every template I see is for very different reasons even though I would have though a short over stay on a ticket would be a common one. Sorry to ask but if anyone knows any posts for a template which would be most similar then I really would appreciate it. Trying desperately to concentrate on this while having to toddlers constantly tugging at me is very distracting and then I just get grumpy and stressed! Thank u in advance.
  • Fairy1808
    Options
    Also I am sure this maybe isn’t relevant to the letter as we are not divulging who the driver was but as it was me (not the keeper) and I was having the breastfeed my baby when I got back to the car due to a meltdown, does this hold any purpose for the letter under the:
    In England and Wales, your right to breastfeed in public is covered by The Equality Act 2010 which states, "A business cannot discriminate against mothers who are breastfeeding a child of any age."
    Just a thought. Thx
  • MistyZ
    MistyZ Posts: 1,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 22 February 2019 at 10:31AM
    Options
    Check out this thread:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5843519&highlight=ecp+popla

Particularly Coupon-mad's post 8, the second link to a POPLA appeal on pepipoo.

Seems to me the first section, with just a bit of tweaking to make it 100% relevant to the situation, would work fine re. rights of breastfeeding mothers. At first sight, seems to me most of this appeal would fit pretty well, haven't checked whether you'd need more sections but Redx lists the sections you need in his post above.

Bear in mind that most POPLA appeal points are pretty standard. Don't think of it as a whole because that can get a bit overwhelming, especially with the toddler factor! Look at the Landowner section in the appeal I've suggested, for example .... read, evaluate, digest ... if you think it's good you copy it into a word doc or whatever and that's one building block ready & waiting. Do that with each section. If there's something that foxes you, come back & ask questions till you're happy you understand.

Also ... I notice that the OP of the post I linked to was not successful at POPLA .... however it was a much longer overstay and of course there's never a guarantee that POPLA assessors will know their backsides from their elbows. We can only do our best.
  • Fairy1808
    Fairy1808 Posts: 25 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 23 February 2019 at 1:51PM
    Options
    Thank you.. So I have nearly finished my letter, I think! After staying up until Midnight and ignoring the kids all this morning!
    I have just a few questions first please.
    1) Is there a "best order" for my appeal points? Detailed mine below
    2)Have I missed any useful grounds of appeal or included any irrelevant ones (maybe easier once I copy and paste letter)
    3) Should I include GPEOL as on the Popla Appeal results thread this seems to have the biggest wins, but I couldn't find any text regarding adding this one to understand what its for. Same goes for PSDSU/Cancelled and No Keeper Liability (was served on time)??
    4) Do I include copies of documents sent from Euro CP?
    5) I am including one photo of signage at entrance which is poor. Is this enough. Only other oic is the same as the one ECP supplied next to ticket machine.
    6)How do I end the letter signature......"It is respectfully requested that this Notice to Keeper request appeal be upheld on every point." Should I add the keepers name and contact details underneath?

APPEAL POINTS (not in order yet)

• BREACH OF EQUALITY ACT 2010
    • NO GRACE PERIOD GIVEN
    • NO EVIDENCE OF LANDOWNER AUTHORITY
    • MISLEADING, POOR AND INADEQUATE SIGNAGE
    • THE SIGNS FAIL TO TRANSPARENTLY WARN DRIVERS OF WHAT THE ANPR DATA WILL BE USED FOR
    • ANPR AND SURVEILLANCE CAMERAS BREACH
    • BREACH OF PROTECTION OF FREEDOMS ACT 2012 (POFA)

Thank you!

P.s Its my husbands birthday today and he's defo been ignored too, lol!

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I would put the POFA breach as the first point. Other than that the order is fine.
  • Fairy1808
    Options
    Thx how about the other points please?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills