Fineco Bank multicurrencies account

Comments

• alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Please note from Forum Rules
    "Any referrals on any other forum boards will be removed when reported, as will links to the Referrers Board from the main MoneySaving boards. "
  • Marchitiello
    Marchitiello Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    heathrow wrote: »
    Anyone know what the charges are for conversions from USD to EUR?
    This has been answered many times in this thread:

There is no charges per se in converting currencies within the 4 sub accounts.
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,284 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    For anyone interested, Fineco are now offering a 70 pound reward for those who open a new account after being referred by an existing account holder. See the Referalls board for details and to find a code to allow you to receive this reward.
  • caldi9
    caldi9 Posts: 210 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Does the account come with a free USD credit or debit card?
  • malc_b
    malc_b Posts: 1,081 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    IMPORTANT:

Fineco can receive faster payments but cannot make them. So from UK bank to Fineco is faster payment and free. To UK bank from Fineco is via SWIFT. Some banks, halifax for one, charge for receiving a swift payment (£2/7 for <100/>100). Nationwide does not charge for swift coming in. Fineco is part of SEPA so no charge for euro transfers.
  • caldi9 wrote: »
    Does the account come with a free USD credit or debit card?
    Nope. They issue only a debit card, and it can be either in GBP or EUR (there's a fee if you want two cards).
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    How long does it take from when you apply online to when your account is open and ready to move money into?
  • One of the impediments buying property in Italy is the need to have a local bank account which is not possible unless you are resident. The Fineco UK account is actually an Italian bank with Italian IBAN and BIC (despite the UK sort code). I opened my Euro account in the hope that this would get around the problem. Fineco helpdesk advise that I should be able to transfer funds to the Seller without a problem but they cannot confirm that the receiving bank won't raise difficulties.
    | want to avoid any last minute problems in my purchase. Has anyone tried using the Fineco UK multi-currency account for this purpose?
  • starM
    starM Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    Hi,

Just wondering to open Fineci account do they carry out an full credit check or it is just an ID check?

Also does the account shows up as an active account on CRA report?

Thanks
  • N1ckS
    N1ckS Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Nothing is showing up on my Noddle credit report, whereas an application for a credit card on the same day is. During the application they asked for a form of ID to be submitted, so I used my drivers license and uploaded a photo of the front and back as requested.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback