Cherry takes the reins

Comments

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,026 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Yay! to longer days! :)

A couple of MS/confessions I've forgotten to add when they happened:

Mended a hole in a top so it can go back into circulation. (Found a couple more mends needed in the ironing pile today - I hate getting down to mending).

Left the iron on all morning while I was at work the other day! :eek:

That proves I need to conquer the ironing again. I've done a lot this morning but am taking a break. It's a beautiful sunny day again but I need to stay in for a parcel delivery which is due in the next hour - then if all goes to plan, walk across town to get some fabric conditioner and bits from the cheap place.

So many things I keep thinking of to do! I am trying to get everything in order for my appraisal, not that I have any particular fears in mind but I want to make a good impression with my preparedness and at the moment it will be more like winging it. The list for today is to make progress in all the following:
    • appraisal
    • ironing
    • walk/shop
    • go through socks and underwear for things to throw out (found this helpful last year though I didn't manage to Kon Marie all categories of clothes, let alone all my life!)
    • Make pie for tea
    • Let the guinea pig out in his run
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Cherryfudge
    I had a phone call about renewing the empty property insurance for Mum's old house, only to find I'd unwittingly been invalidating it! Argh!!! The adviser thinks I may be better using holiday home insurance so they're sending me some information. Now I'm wondering if I need to change the status of the Council Tax and maybe even water payments... I will need to do some research.

You can think you are getting something right and be wrong about it. That's me.

I have to tell myself that there is money in the estate and it can all be sorted... having a minor wobble!

I've done some of my list from the previous post:
    • appraisal - done what I can for now - emailed my longsuffering manager about glitches in the system
    • ironing - done about half, need to put it away
    • walk/shop - soon, think I will do that after the putting away
    • go through socks and underwear for things to throw out (found this helpful last year though I didn't manage to Kon Marie all categories of clothes, let alone all my life!)
    • Make pie for tea
    • Let the guinea pig out in his run - done

• Cherryfudge
    I got all the list done apart or the later part of the ironing - I even threw out a few bits from the underwear and sock drawer though I wasn't very ruthless as the phone call about the insurance had made me feel a bit rocky. Never mind, at least the drawer has had a clear out and it's amazing how much I have even though I don't think I buy very often!

I had my walk through town and forgot one thing off my list but got everything else and I must admit to treating myself to some sweet-scented dianthus and sweet peas from the garden centre section of the cheap shop. I love the smell of the dianthus: they are something I associate with my mum and somewhere in my head I'm going to have them planted nicely in a tub near the door.

The coat I ordered the other day has come but it's too big, and the running top is too small! I've offered DD the top though I'll get it refunded if she doesn't want it. I've just ordered the coat a size smaller but won't send the original back till I know if the top is going too. So rather a lot of spending - again.

Spends:
    Clothing £69.00
    Garden £6.99
    Housekeeping £7.37
    MS stuff:
    Chicken pie from leftovers and shop bought pastry - fed DD as well as us. :)
    70p off raspberries. :) (last of the W33tabix vouchers - I probably only managed to use 3 what with one thing and another).
    £1.47 off the plants for buying 3 at once.
    Confession time:
    I didn't intend to buy any plants at all - that was an indulgence.

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Ahh sounds like a good day other than the insurance. I'm sure you'll sort it and don't be too hard on yourself. It's alot to deal with!

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Hope everything gets sorted with the insurance. It must be hard to find the right one when it's empty but you still need to stay in it to sort it.
    Have a lovely day today.
    LBM in April 17 - £14998/£33554 (44.6%) paid. Mortgage@1 June 18 = £9935/£76350 paid.Total debt @june 18 £102311 now £84972GC Jan £40.99/£500 2021 declutter 85/2021 items 0/20 bags clothes
  • Cherryfudge
    Thanks both of you :). DH has taken phone numbers with him to ring various people about the house in his lunch break, bless him. He knows I hate doing phone calls while he's good at it!

More sunshine here today so I'm going for a run before work. It might be a shortish one but the main point is to get out there. I've been asked to cover tonight for an emergency which I'm happy enough to do (and it's another few pounds off the mortgage). I just have to make the toothpaste last a day or so longer if I don't get to the shops first! :rotfl:

Another bonus is that there will definitely be a work computer free later this evening so I should be able to see the forms that wouldn't show on mine yesterday and get some more admin out of the way.

85p spent so far today (ebook).

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    Hope work goes okay

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    The sunshine of the past few days has been so nice hasn't it. Itbreally does lift the spirits.

I love sweet peas, such happy flowers. I hope you get joy from your new dress and may it bring on summer soon. :D
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Cherryfudge
    edited 17 April 2018 at 10:36AM
    It's going to be a bit complicated doing the insurance: until the work is done on the guttering the company wont insure it so we are clearly going to have to push for that to be done soon. There may be other companies that would cover it so that may be the next move. Meanwhile it's just as well we double-checked because it looks as though CT should have been paid for the last few months despite there being a letter to say it wasn't payable. That's also in the pending pile now. I'm off to work shortly so can't do it now.

Did a bit of everyday shopping yesterday and today the car boot sale restarted which is my Saturday summer treat. It was minimal and rather muddy but I bought a couple of aubretias which are now planted up in a tall chimney pot as proof that someone cares just a little about our garden. I noticed there were dicentras for sale so I had a search of the tub at home where resides the one I rescued from Mum's garden and there it is! Not as far advance as the car boot ones but three or four sturdy shoots. :) I then found some odds and ends I'd bought on withered sale last year - a couple of forget-me-nots and three Dianthus Strawberry Parfait - and they are planted round the edge of the tub, leaving in place a mass of toadflax which Mum and I both liked. So I'm hoping in a few weeks that tub will also be looking good.

I bought a few books from a charity shop for work use but apart from that, it was just nice to have a walk in the great outdoors, free from most obligations!

I'll put as many of the spendings in here as I can before work but may be back later to edit.

23/3/18 Spends:
    Housekeeping £7.50
    Medical £3.00
    Household £6.99

ETA: lost this post then it reappeared so sorry if the accounts at a bit disjointed.

• Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,385 Forumite
    There must be something in the air as I too have been thinking about clearing out clothes,I have the KonMarie book on my iPad but I havent read all of it yet because I found it too boring,Im going to persevere though as everyone recommends it,I was lying in bed thismorning thinking about the clothes in my wardrobe that dont fit me now Ive lost weight,one of the tops in there has never been worn, so Im going to be getting it all out and trying it on and anything that doesnt fit is going to the charity shop
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback