PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Weight Loss 2019 Part 2

Options

Comments

• SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Disappointing sts for me this week

Was hoping for at least a 1lb off as I have been well behaved, still at least it's not a gain I guess.
    Day off today so need to do a bit of housework and might walk to Sainsbury later see how lazy I feel.

B yoghurt and fruit
    L probably a ham salad sandwich
    D grilled material with new potatoes and spinach and green beans.
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • VickyV
    VickyV Posts: 247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all,

Sorry I don't post more, everything seems so hectic all the time at the minute.

Had a good food week, despite eating out a few times, managed to keep to around my calorie budget. Not done much "exercise" as I've been clearing and sorting and trying to get the DIY jobs finished (cos I start loads then lose interest :o)

I did do a run with a friend yesterday. I felt really good. I ran 12 minutes, walked 1.5 then ran 14. I would have tried to go without the rest but my friend was struggling a little.

Anyway, can you put me down for a 3lb loss this week please? That takes me to 11/16 for this challenge and only 8lb off my lowest ever adult weight!

Hope you all have a good week and your heads are in the right place to do what you need to do!

Vicky x
    Grocery challenge:December 2022 £151.96/£400 . Advent decluttering challenge 47/240.
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am hanging my head in shame on two accounts.
    The first being not keeping my eye on the ball after having surgery last year and again this year. Practically all my weight has crept back on.
    The second being not posting although I have been reading most of the posts.

I started watching what I was eating again a couple of weeks ago, then the scales decided not to work. I got so frustrated when my DH kept forgetting to change the battery (I'm not wasn't allowed bend down at the moment) that yesterday I asked the postlady to help. Scales are now back working. Weigh-in on Monday

Food today
    B: small amount of porridge
    L: cup a soup x 2 and fruit - choice of apples, pears, satsumas, bananas
    D: Small piece of cooked turkey, loads of veg. Sugar free jelly with a no fat yogurt stirred through it and possibly more fruit if I'm hungry
    snacks:- none, black tea and coffee plus sparkling water
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sts for me which is fine because I haven't been bingeing, but I haven't really been trying to diet either :rotfl:

Good luck everyone with your weigh in :)
  • K9zz
    K9zz Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all,
    Don’t really want to weigh in this morning as I’ve ballooned and I now weigh 13st11lbs which means I’m up by +3lbs[COLOR]
    I’m sure it’ll come off at some point though.
    I’m going to have a moan now! This is a huge site, why oh why do we have to go through this rigmarole to put bold or colour in our text?! Surely it should be possible to use the icons at the top of the text box to make things easier. By the time I’ve stumbled my way through trying to do these messages each week I’m in a thoroughly bad mood, even thinking about the wisdom of continuing to do this as it winds me up so much! There, I’ve let off steam and I hope you all have a lovely day and don’t succumb to naughty stuff over the weekend.
    Luv K9zz x
  • K9zz
    K9zz Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Right, that took ages to do and didn’t blooming work so I’m bowing out of this website, I don’t need the stress of battling just to get a message put up. I appreciate most of you don’t have a problem with it but obviously I’m deficient in some area and cannot manage to achieve a simple message so I’m not going to attempt it any more! Good luck all of you!
    Luv K9zz x
  • ellie99
    ellie99 Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have STS this week. I really didn't want to stand on the scales as I was so sure it would be way up! But luckily it is the same as last week. I feel I'm not doing very well on this challenge :(

My expected 2 days away for work turned into 5 days as I had some problems, so I was buying a lot of my meals out, rolls and sandwiches and the like. So no idea of calories at all, just knew it was "too much".

No excuses now though, back home and time to cook. I'd just rather be gardening than cooking lol.

If you could live one day of your life over again, which day would you choose?
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,764 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning all,

I have work soon so this is just a quick post......I seem to have lost my food imagination. You know that thing when you look in a full freezer and the equally full cupboards and have no idea what you want to eat or what you should cook. It's my birthday tomorrow and I'm going out for lunch with a friend and there is cake at home too so I think that on Monday I need to make a serious effort to get my act together and start cooking the food that's here rather than buying more.

I think that while I wasn't working there was an element of stockpiling for emergencies but there hasn't been an emergency and I can't fit anything else in the kitchen cupboards. To that end and to help me with the chaos that is meal times when working a lunch time shift with no break I will be listing my meals and snacks from Monday :eek: This will be interesting as right now I can't even be bothered filling in MFP!

I hope you're all having more success than I currently am. Take care all of you :)
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi K9zz. Please don't feel you have to leave because of adding colour to your text, I find adding colour isn't easy on my tablet as well, my fat fingers don't help, It's to make it easier for Cranky see and record the loses etc I'm sure if you add 'weigh in' in the subject that should be enough to highlight it :)

Zafiro no need to hang your head in shame we've all been there :) it looks like you've been dealing with a lot re surgery so just draw a line under it and start again

Cranky I have the same problem as you loads of food and lacking inspiration on what to cook, I'm determined not to buy anything else other than fresh until I've some wiggle room in my freezer and cupboard. Have a good birthday tomorrow and enjoy the cake :)

Someone said to me recently what do you want more to lose the weight or that slice of cake or bar of chocolate, if only it was that easy :cool: she was right it should boil down to what I want more but that doesn't allow for my emotional eating or my complete lack of willpower and love of food, it's a battle I've been fighting all my life and I fear I always will be. I remember as a preteen overhearing a conversation that it was puppy fat and I would lose it :o now I would be happy with the weight I was as a teenager then I wanted to be he same weight as my friends

Not sure what lunch will be today as I'm going out with my sister, nowhere fancy so could just be a sandwich or jacket potato, I've taken some sea bass fillets from the freezer and will have with new potatoes, asparagus, fennel and some other green veg for dinner

Have a good weekend :)
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Brambling wrote: »

Someone said to me recently what do you want more to lose the weight or that slice of cake or bar of chocolate,

At the moment of pondering, I take the cake everytime :rotfl:

My Fitbit buzzed me to say I was 47 steps away from reaching my 250 steps in and hour target. My daughter wasn't impressed that I used those 47 steps to get a Cadbury creme egg from the kitchen :rotfl:

Have a great birthday tomorrow Cranky :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure