PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Weight Loss 2019 Part 4

Comments

• Just a quick post again to declare my food.
    I'll read through and catch up with everyone tomorrow.

French onion soup
    Small jambalaya from freezer with cabbage and mange tous
    Banana and 5 strawberries with ff yogurt.
    I did have milky coffee at my neighbours house this afternoon

All the best
    A bit of grin and bear it, a bit of come and share it
    You're welcome we can spare it, yellow socks
  • Good evening, people :)

I hope everyone is well. I’m a bit exhausted today, so apologies for a very short post. Was out this afternoon and popped into Lidl’s on the way home. Bought a few nice German bits for Christmas but had an attack of “weak & wobbly” at the till (happens occasionally), so had to scoff a pack of chocolate covered marzipan :( .

Proper grub today:
    B: fishfingers and fennel
    L: rice & lentil salad, 4 oatcakes with jam
    D: tomato salad, mushroom omelette with green beans, courgette & celeriac, yogurt with gooseberries
    “Tomorrow is another day for decluttering.”
    Decluttering 2023 🏅🏅🏅🏅⭐️⭐️
  • honeythewitch
    honeythewitch Posts: 1,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 October 2019 at 9:42PM
    Todays food.

Cold steak.

Mulligatawny soup.

Liver pate and salad on a butty. A very LARGE butty.

I had my soup from my so called food flask at a bus stop, which was handy because I got stuck somewhere and had to wait a long time for a bus and all the cafes seem to shut by half past three.

I think it i stretching it to call it a food flask though, because you couldnt possibly get solid food into the narrow space. This one...https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thermos-Stainless-King-Flask-Midnight/dp/B00LAZ5KQI

The soup was scalding hot after four hours though, so I shall keep it for drinks and look around for a bowl shaped one I can put actual dinners in.

WELL DONE, SIRENS. :):T:T:T
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,124 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 24 October 2019 at 9:15PM
    Old Style Weight Loss Challenge 2019 4th Quarter

01/10/19 - 31/12/19

Imperial (lbs)
    Blue Doggy - 2/14. :):)/STS/STS
    Brambling 2.5/12. :D:D:o/:):);)/:):);)
    Cranky - 2/12. :):)/STS
    Dumpling- -/14
    Frith - -/
    FrugalLina - 7.5/26. :):):):)/:):):)/;)
    Honeythewitch - 1/7. :D:o/STS/:):);)
    Izadora - 0/14. ;)/:)/:D:o
    Millymouse -1/17. :)
    Need2bthifty -1.5/9 :D/:):);)
    S_glover - 1/11 :)
    SIRENS - 2.5/16. :)/:D:D:o/:D/:):):):):)
    Tighteningthebelt 6/20 :):)/:):)/:):)
    Xxx
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,124 Forumite
    Evening all :)

Well done Sirens that's a great lost this week :T:T

I lost another 2.5lb this week which seems to be my number at the moment which is good when it's going down :).

Honey I have a food flask with a large opening, I don't think it's keeps food hot quite as long as a drinks flask but used to do until lunchtime, my current job has a microwave so I don't use it. I think it was Robert D but I've had it about ten years

FrugalLina I didn't need to know Peanut butter powder tastes good in porridge, I have limited willpower :D

Molly great news that the trousers are a little big, but just remember not to do too much these things take a while to heal especially abdominal surgery. When I only had keyhole for my gallbladder I was told to take it easy for 3 months especially lifting.

Blue Doggy is it low blood sugar which gives you the wobbles? Just as well you were somewhere you could grab food :)

Izadora i watched and enjoyed the Romeo & Juliet last night :) although I'm not sure I would go watch it again like I would his Swan Lake :think:

I stocked up on fruit today for snacking at work, nothing fancy just apples, oranges, pears, bananas and some blueberries for breakfast certainly heavier and more expensive than biscuits :cool:

B - banana, nectarine, Orange and blueberries
    L - coronation chicken mixed with cold pasta, spinach salad
    D - spicy quorn fillets in a flat bread with raw spinach
    S - grapes, pack of crisps
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    Hello x
    Just thought id let you know that Dumpling is still fighting on so wish her a good recovery x
    I have been taking it more easy this week. Looking forward to Halloween - we decorate a bit and always have lots of little children trick or treating they always so polite but have to keep away from sweeties:eek:
    Hope you all have a positive day x
    Kind Regards x
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • FrugalLina
    FrugalLina Posts: 466 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 24 October 2019 at 10:24AM
    Well done, Sirens, that is really good! Sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead of you. :T

tighteningthebelt, that's it - I want to make some onion soup now. :rotfl:

BlueDoggy, getting the weak and wobblies is what prompted me to get my act together and begin this diet, I haven't had them since.

Mmmm, chocolate covered marzipan, I think I know the one you can get in Lidl, it is lovely! Sadly (or not) I no longer have a Lidl near me, phew. :o

Honeythewitch, how handy that you had some food with you while you were stuck. I used to have a wider-necked flask, they are available, but I don't know where. That one would be good for soup, though.

Yay for a 2.5 loss, Brambling, that is really great! :T

Yeah, it doesn't seem fair that healthy snacks are so much more expensive than biscuits and the like, grrr. I always blink rapidly when I see the price of an orange or a pear these days. :cool:

Today is a fast day and I plan to keep busy. Off to town with my DiL for some shopping in the drizzle shortly.

Edited to Add: Thanks Molly41 for keeping us updated about Dumpling - I hope she continues to improve. I love having kids knocking at Halloween, so I too put out some decorations just so they know my house is OK to call at. I also keep a witch hat by the door ready to pop on quickly. The sweets are going to be a temptation, aren't they?
    31.5/100
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 24 October 2019 at 10:31AM
    Morning All,

Molly I'm glad the trousers looked good and hope you've managed to take it easy.

Frugalina Well done on the bike ride. It's always nice when you discover somewhere lovely to explore

Sirens Welcome back and here's hoping for more ups than downs (other than weigh ins...). Well done on this week's loss :T

Blue Doggy I hope you're over your weak and wobbly. I absolutely adore marzipan but refuse to have it in the house because I can't be trusted around it :o

Honey I'm glad the soup in a flask worked well for you. I've got a food flask which is a little bit narrower than I'd like at the top but I have managed to use it for curry and pasta. I can't remember what make it is but it was from Sainsbobs and I can have a rummage in the cupboard tonight.

Brambling Well done on the loss :T I know what you mean about Romeo and Juliet, it was beautiful and I really enjoyed it but it would probably be the last one of his I'd chose to watch again. I wasn't sure if it was just because I was watching it on screen rather than live but I think the pared-down costumes was a big part of it for me. I know they worked really well for what he was doing but I kind of missed the spectacular outfits he normally has.

ETA - Molly, thanks for letting us know about Dumpling and please pass on my best wishes if you speak to her.

Frugalina, enjoy the shopping trip.
  • :hello: dumpling if you're reading. Hope you feel better soon.
    molly41 glad you're feeling so much better and getting excited about Halloween. Don't overdo things.
    bluedoggy your bake sounds delicious. I've taken a screen shot of the recipe you posted and will give it a whirl on the next shop. Thank you.
    brambling congratulations on your loss :T you're on a roll!
    izadora and brambling you are both so cultured, puts me to shame. Esp when i misread one as 'The Lady Varnishes', oh dear!!
    honey well done for trying out your food flask. Mulligatawny soup sounds perfect for the bus stop!
    frugalLina sounds like the bike is going well. Hope you enjoy getting your house and hat ready for Halloween visitors.
    sirens so pleased for you losing all that :beer:Looks like your body's getting with the program again!

Sorry I haven't been posting too much, just been a bit distracted. It helps me so much to post my daily food so I feel accountable, even if I dont read through each time. Thank you again brambling for all the work you do, and to everyone for all the kindness and encouragement.

Today I had;
    A small scone with butter (found in freezer - inappropriate excitement!!) Tuna
    Veg soup, small jambalaya, cabbage/mange tous. Banana and 5 strawberries.

Looking at the weather I'll be staying put tomorrow - if I can get away with it!
    A bit of grin and bear it, a bit of come and share it
    You're welcome we can spare it, yellow socks
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Evening All
    Well nice quiet day in today, catching up with housework and wrapping some :santa2: presents as dmil will be popping down on Sunday, she is due to have some surgery soon and might not get down again this side of the year, so she is taking all the nephews gift up with her.

Brambling well done on the loss

I also have a hankering for onion soup now, dh saw someone on the telly making french onion soup (he'd never seen it before) so might try and find a receipt for a lighter version. He has just been diagnosed with dangerously high blood pressure (spent all day at the hospital on Tuesday) they have given him some tablets and he has to go back to the nurse and have his pressure rechecked next week (fingers crossed it has done down) so up shot I need to get him healthier, more fruit and veg, less salt and loose weight.

Today's meals
    B Banana
    L toasted cheese and onion and Tom wrap
    D taco mince with Mexican rice and lots of salad.

Dumpling, hoping you are back on your feet soon xx
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport