* Rocking around the Christmas Tree * - It's the 2018 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    nic2075 wrote: »
    Thank you, they look perfect. Says they are not available. But at least I know it's possible to buy them. I'll measure the led to make sure I get the right thing and have a good look.
    I like the idea of the Easter decorations etc to make it an all year round thing. My kids would love that.

Whoops sorry, here's another link of ones in stock - there's also rainbow ones to jazz things up :D

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-100PCs-Lot-High-Quality-Made-Cherry-Tree-Use-34-18mm-Soft-Transpent-PVC-Cherry/32669465687.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_4_10152_10151_10065_10344_10130_10068_10324_10342_10547_10325_10343_5012015_10340_10548_10341_10696_10192_10190_10084_10083_10618_5011915_10307_10820_10301_10821_10303_10059_100031_10103_10624_10623_10622_10621_10620,searchweb201603_2,ppcSwitch_4&algo_expid=c892d525-81fd-4fe8-875e-f313e0846a60-3&algo_pvid=c892d525-81fd-4fe8-875e-f313e0846a60&priceBeautifyAB=0
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Good morning ,
    Tuesdays trip was "eventful" to say the least , Dd needed the loo so stopped at Weatherby services on the way back to the car she had a fit . There were lots of lovely helpful people around including a physio therapist who stayed with us and helped to get her back to the car . She commented on Dd's hypermobility which i didn't know she had ! so a quick trip to the GP yesterday and its confirmed although until joints start dislocating and the pain is constant theres nothing much to do about it . The fact she's 21 and not had any dislocations is a good sign apparently !
    She is battered and bruised after having 4 major fits in under 3 weeks .

Christmas wise -parents gifts delivered .

Dd and i have booked the German Christmas market trip for November 2019 cant wait . We visit Valkenburgh with its market in a cave system , Cologne and Aachen with its Lindt outlet shop Mmmm.
  • apricity
    apricity Posts: 198 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    CHRISSYG, I'm really sorry to hear that and hope things calm down for her!
    can't imagine what she's been going through.

wedding stuff is moving along nicely even though we haven't booked a date ; we're booking a date in october ready for September 2019.

Lost my I.D but had to change the address on there anyway (took me a year!) so paid for a new one to replace.

Next big adult purchase is to get my first adult passport (my previous one i had when i was 7, i'm now 24!) so that I've got one to show the registry office when we book & do the marriage notice / interview.
    Plus I have it in case we go on a honey moon. Ahh that'll be lovely.

I'm waiting for next month to do my passport as I also have to get a filling for £30!!

How exciting! A grandparent from my previous work went there. I'd love to go but hate markets aha.
    I'll stick to the one in town.

I've decided everyone apart from my parents, siblings (including the in-laws-to-be) and my f.h one token gift. Can't afford it with the wedding & wanting to move out into a bigger place.
    :heartpuls Getting married 21.09.19 :heartpuls
    Emergency Savings - £15.55 / £1,000 :heart: XMAS '19 Savings - £0.00 / £365 :heart: Holiday savings - £6.00(SA) £00 (PB)
  • alja
    alja Posts: 838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi everyone, I posted in here a bit last year, but life got manic and I wasn't great at posting in the end! Hopefully I can pop in more often this year.

We're off on holiday for the majority of December this year, so I want to have everything bought by the end of November if possible and then just leave the wrapping to enjoy in the few days we have before Christmas.

So I need to get organised!

I buy quite a few things at Christmas, so I have made a start on my spreadsheet to keep a track of purchases and cost. We might buy a house at some point this year, so need to be careful not to over spend.

It's been so lovely to read through all your plans and traditions! :)

I think the first presents I want to tackle and tick off will be the ones for my closest friends. There's 6 of them, 5 ladies and 1 guy. Last year I put together a glass jar of treats, but found it a nightmare to try and put together, so this year is all about simplicity! I'm thinking maybe a nice candle that they may all enjoy? (I've been looking at M&S ones, but they're not on offer at the moment). Does anyone else have any great ideas? :)
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Aljar,Morrisons had a massive white church candle the other day for £6.50 which I thought was a very good price.Probs not fancy enough for you but I was tempted.Then realised I have enough candles to kit the street out.

Sorry about DD Chrissy.My son has hypermobility,we only found out when he broke his arm for the second time. Four times to date.It is common apparently to break arms when kids fall as when they put their arms out they over extend. Only a broken wrist,dislocated thumb and dislocated shoulder since adulthood but that can be blamed on rugby and skateboard.
    Your trip will be amazing.

apricity,if you have a wedding on the cards token gifts are the way to go. I loved planning my wedding. Can we have all the details please,I am nosy!

Gotta go problem with MIL

Vx
     :
  • apricity
    Xmas Saver!
    Vulpix , ugh sure.I'll try and be quick and to the point to not bore you all aha.

We've been together since July 8th 2016 and met through tinder.
    Moved in with each other in April 2017 into a rented house as I needed to get out of my parents home - things weren't good with them and didn't want them to be clingy to me anymore. When I was on a date with him, my mum kept texting me to say I had to be home for a certain time and if i was okay and asking me what i want for tea... I was 22 at the time and have been out to nightclubs on my own sine 2am and she'd never text me then, and we were seeing each other for a while previously.

He proposed at our home September 1st 2017 & We didn't get the ring until a few weeks later as he wanted me to choose something I'd wear for a very long time - I knew it would be a long engagement.
    My family weren't overly joyed with our engagement as there's family problems between my fiance & family and I'm stuck in the middle. We didn't have a enagement party as we were both dealing with depression & was close to christmas.

I didn't start to wedding plan until this year.
    The theme was Disney in general (princess, star wars, marvel) but that's causing a head ache with trying to include it all so I came up with having it just Star Wars - The fiance loves & collects star wars stuff and my dress is better suited for that theme. Plus I have loads of ideas for the Star Wars Themed wedding and because it's "spacey" i can get away with little bits.

Food would be a pizza bar (we'll buy them from asda or something) as the fiance said one of his top 3 things to have at our wedding was PIZZA; which ties in nicely to how we first met (I messaged him on tinder and the first thing i wrote was "Howdy what pizza toppings?" ) and I'd love to have a candy bar so that guests can take home a bag of pick'n'mix sweets instead of us buying favors.

Our budget is £5,000 and agreed to save £2,500 each (though we may put some more in when needed & i've been buying £1 bits here and there from normal budget)

I have my dress sorted, it's navy & cost £40.00 from Quiz online (Was originally £80) . I wanted something different to a white dress and at the time, because my mum wasn't/didn't seem too bothered or happy with me getting married , I didn't see the point in dress shopping.

I have my wedding shoes also which are white hitops with pastel multi-coloured diamonte's on the side & it's fluffy inside - those were £5 (£8 with p&P) from everythingfivepounds.

We don't have anything booked yet but looking to get married at the local registry office and to have the reception in a village hall where we get the entire building all day for £475. We'll be hiring a mobile bar for £300 and will get that amount back if the bar makes £1,200+

Hopefully our date will be September 21st 2019 or sometime in the month.

I'm the only one planning it - it's going to be really awkward though and just know i won't have a good time leading up to the wedding. MANY family problems ... so I'm struggling emotionally with what to do
    Emergency Savings - £15.55 / £1,000 :heart: XMAS '19 Savings - £0.00 / £365 :heart: Holiday savings - £6.00(SA) £00 (PB)
  • Only popping on quickly to say to apricity that if you do not already, have a look on Pinterest. I am certain there will be wedding ideas on there to suit your taste and budget. Although be prepared to lose time on there as one thing always leads to another.
    I shall post longer soon, just like most, things are hectic at the moment
  • apricity
    Xmas Saver!
    Pinterest & Instagram have been my very best friend in wedding planning,
    and get my s**t together aha ! but thank you I will use them wisely ;)

It's become an obsession about searching for wedding ideas
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    edited 11 August 2018 at 11:06PM
    Welcome to the thread APRICITY and welcome back ALJA, nice to see you again.

CHRISSEY sorry to hear DD is having a rough time, I do hope things settle for her.

STOKIE what is the greenhouse like that you got for your mum? Is it one of the plastic frame ones with Perspex sides? I would really like something I could use to pop tender plants in but have neither the space nor budget for an actual greenhouse.

My gorgeous DGD (9) stayed this week which was lovely. She had a great time and has gone home addicted to Pinterest and planning what she wants to get everyone for Christmas. I believe in setting a good example:D
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Alja-https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8194932
    These are really nice if you have any in stock near you. I bought one for a friend a few weeks ago and was surprised by how large it is.
    lovin' this site!
    :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family