The (not so old) Crocks Cafe

Comments

• Just popping head in to say welcome to anyone new. Make yourself at home; we're all very friendly and supportive here.
    Just had some good news after initial 18 month wait for OT assessment for home aids, Social Services had me bumped up the list and they are coming on Thursday! Woo Hoo!

Only downside if that now I have to do some housework *g*
    I must go, I have lives to ruin and hearts to break :D
    My attitude depends on my Latitude 49° 55' 0" N 6° 19' 60 W
  • sox8369
    sox8369 Posts: 288 Forumite
    I like this thread - its the only one that doesnt require a helmet and full body armour .......hehe ;)
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Does anyone here use a neck pillow or similar? I need something so I don't turn on to my side at night, because it causes pain.

Thank you.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • mickbhall
    mickbhall Posts: 162 Forumite
    Can i come in for a coffee a milky one with two sugars, and a chat.

Sh1305: Are you onabout the pillows you wpuld use on plance etc seen them in pound shop before.
  • jennihen
    jennihen Posts: 6,500 Forumite
    SH1305 -I was thinking about a travel pillow my children use in the car. Its full of tiny beans and in the shape of a horseshoe . . .
    One life.
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    jennihen wrote: »
    SH1305 -I was thinking about a travel pillow my children use in the car. Its full of tiny beans and in the shape of a horseshoe . . .

How suitable are these for sleeping with?
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    sox8369 wrote: »
    I like this thread - its the only one that doesnt require a helmet and full body armour .......hehe ;)
    :rotfl:Very true!

Welcome to the thread. Welcome also, needing_help and mickbhall.:o

Just finished my weekly trawl of planning applications for local CAMRA branch - looks like yet another pub is going to disappear, there's an application to turn it into 9 flats.:(

CwtA best of luck for Thursday. Now, get thee over to the Flylady thread and grab a list!:D

*waves* to everyone else - I think I hear an omelette calling my name, off for some lunch.:drool:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • sox8369
    Thanks for the welcome everyone - ok brief history of sox -

41, living in the south, marriage number 2 (traded in due to faulty first husband)..two kids, 18 and 12, 1 x old cat aged 15 (ahhhh bless) and 1 x crazy chocolate doberman pup (well he just 1 yr old now- totally flipping loopy and gorgeous).

Brief history of what i have had to deal with over the past 40 odd years (not all me, so are - some arent - but close experience of the following) alcoloholism, battered wife, diagnosis of 2 disabled children, ex trying to steal kids away, threats from bunny boilers, lung cancer, liver cancer, bipolar, ME, totally useless immune systems, deaths of family from cancer - some very young, dying on an A&E trolley - and coming back through sheer defiance, miscarriages etc etc....

So i have a bit of life experience - but good bits include - travelling to some beautiful places including monte carlo (in a helicopter...ooo err) rome, paris, new york, washington dc, egypt, barcelona - been 300 miles into the artic circle for a husky ride...awesome....have had brilliant career in the past....currently almost finished business and law degree, member of mensa, two amazing kids that deal with their conditions like superstars and i am very proud of them, and a husband with the patience of a saint.....

Brief intro to sox .....hope that helps give you an idea of me x x x
  • sox8369 wrote: »
    Thanks for the welcome everyone - ok brief history of sox -

41, living in the south, marriage number 2 (traded in due to faulty first husband)..two kids, 18 and 12, 1 x old cat aged 15 (ahhhh bless) and 1 x crazy chocolate doberman pup (well he just 1 yr old now- totally flipping loopy and gorgeous).

Brief history of what i have had to deal with over the past 40 odd years (not all me, so are - some arent - but close experience of the following) alcoloholism, battered wife, diagnosis of 2 disabled children, ex trying to steal kids away, threats from bunny boilers, lung cancer, liver cancer, bipolar, ME, totally useless immune systems, deaths of family from cancer - some very young, dying on an A&E trolley - and coming back through sheer defiance, miscarriages etc etc....

So i have a bit of life experience - but good bits include - travelling to some beautiful places including monte carlo (in a helicopter...ooo err) rome, paris, new york, washington dc, egypt, barcelona - been 300 miles into the artic circle for a husky ride...awesome....have had brilliant career in the past....currently almost finished business and law degree, member of mensa, two amazing kids that deal with their conditions like superstars and i am very proud of them, and a husband with the patience of a saint.....

Brief intro to sox .....hope that helps give you an idea of me x x x

Flamin' Nora Sox, you've been though the mill!
    But had some good times too.

Being me, I briefly read that as a brief history of sex *g*
    There's always one!
    I must go, I have lives to ruin and hearts to break :D
    My attitude depends on my Latitude 49° 55' 0" N 6° 19' 60 W
  • sox8369
    haha - that would have been a far more interesting post !!!!!!!!!!! x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories