The (not so old) Crocks Cafe

Comments

• FabSascha
    FabSascha Posts: 495 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    bigzippy wrote: »
    Welcome :) Lol @ "smuglies" -love it :D
    Some of us came here from another thread that had a great community spirit. Unfortunately someone reported us as being "off topic" (after we'd had our thread renewed by the mods no less than 5 times cos we were on there that much) and we got shut down. As a result MSE have lost a fair bit of traffic cos we ended up, in the most part, going over to facebook and supporting each other there. It's a real shame when @ssholes ruin it for the rest, but there are some really supportive people and places out there, I hope you both (all) find some support here :)

Thanks very much :beer: it's definitely much nicer and more supportive in this thread. I just find it so difficult to comprehend when people come on here for advice and a load of other people attack them! It's like kicking them when they're down; absolutely horrid.

Anyway, happy to be here! I'm just looking into finding funding for an MA in september. I was thinking of a CDL but as I'm still in the first 6 years of my pre-bankruptcy purge, I'm thinking I won't get it. Anyone have any other thoughts on ways I could get funding? It's a music degree so I don't think it would count as medical.....unless maybe I promise to write a critique on the track 'Last Night a DJ Saved My Life'? Now there's a plan.....
    Never argue with an idiot; they'll bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    FabSascha wrote: »
    Thanks very much :beer: it's definitely much nicer and more supportive in this thread. I just find it so difficult to comprehend when people come on here for advice and a load of other people attack them! It's like kicking them when they're down; absolutely horrid.

Anyway, happy to be here! I'm just looking into finding funding for an MA in september. I was thinking of a CDL but as I'm still in the first 6 years of my pre-bankruptcy purge, I'm thinking I won't get it. Anyone have any other thoughts on ways I could get funding? It's a music degree so I don't think it would count as medical.....unless maybe I promise to write a critique on the track 'Last Night a DJ Saved My Life'? Now there's a plan.....

I can't help you, but you may get a better answer if you post on the student board.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • SingleSue
    SingleSue Posts: 11,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I was just getting used to the fact and getting over the embarrasment of using my stick when I told my ex mother in law tonight....and she came out with the famous words "But sticks are for old people, what do you want one of them for? You are still young!"

I had to try to keep a straight face as I informed her that it is not only old people who have sticks..although I am sure she thinks I am just putting it on but then this is the woman who was trying to convince me I could have a hysterectomy in the morning, be out the same night, driving and back at work 2 days later (old style hysterectomy not the new style less invasive one) and that I was somehow malingering by following the hospitals leaflet which said I would be in hospital for 5 days and off work for 6 weeks minimum.

Me having the stick though has given my brother the courage to get one too, almost like he can admit he also has a problem (he was also very hypermobile).

Other than that, been a stressful week or so..youngest very stressed (have posted more fully on the nice people thread in debate house prices board) so don't know if I am coming or going!
    We made it! All three boys have graduated, it's been hard work but it shows there is a possibility of a chance of normal (ish) life after a diagnosis (or two) of ASD. It's not been the easiest route but I am so glad I ignored everything and everyone and did my own therapies with them.
    Eldests' EDS diagnosis 4.5.10, mine 13.1.11 eekk - now having fun and games as a wheelchair user.
  • Invasion
    Invasion Posts: 586 Forumite
    SingleSue, there's nothing that I hate more than people who say the dreaded line: "But you're only [age]! You shouldn't be using one of those!" too right I shouldn't but try telling my body that ;)

I'm really sorry about your friend, I hope it's good news that you get!

Ash4Becks could you possibly put some smaller paragraphs into your posts? I can't read them as they are unfortunately, which is a shame! :)

Hope all of you regulars are doing "ok" and hello to newbies!

I've not been around much recently, all been a bit crazy, up and down to liverpool, adjusting meds, getting used to life without "acute" painkillers- ouch.- and getting used to some scary blood results.... Only they don't know exactly what they mean yet ;) It's an anti-clotting antibody, my result was 300 and the normal is less than 10... Lupus has been mentioned despite my ANA being normal?! Confusion.

Hideous MRI scan, in there an hour freezing cold, veins all shut down because I'd got so cold I was nearly shivering. So they couldn't find a vein to inject contrast into..

I only really have one usable one and that had been burst a couple of days before, so they stabbed me 7 times, burst 5 veins, took 2 nurses and a doctor, and 15 minutes later they gave up having only got half the dye in..!

I got a bit overwhelmed as they kept head "cage" on whilst they jabbed me and I got freaked out when they put me back in scanner (with blankets!) and ended up in tears..!

Then this morning I got DLA renewal pack back just to finish it all off nicely! x
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Crikey, Invasion! I hope you're ok.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • ash4becks
    ash4becks Posts: 589 Forumite
    Invasion wrote: »
    SingleSue, there's nothing that I hate more than people who say the dreaded line: "But you're only [age]! You shouldn't be using one of those!" too right I shouldn't but try telling my body that ;)

I'm really sorry about your friend, I hope it's good news that you get!

Ash4Becks could you possibly put some smaller paragraphs into your posts? I can't read them as they are unfortunately, which is a shame! :)

Hope all of you regulars are doing "ok" and hello to newbies!

I've not been around much recently, all been a bit crazy, up and down to liverpool, adjusting meds, getting used to life without "acute" painkillers- ouch.- and getting used to some scary blood results.... Only they don't know exactly what they mean yet ;) It's an anti-clotting antibody, my result was 300 and the normal is less than 10... Lupus has been mentioned despite my ANA being normal?! Confusion.

Hideous MRI scan, in there an hour freezing cold, veins all shut down because I'd got so cold I was nearly shivering. So they couldn't find a vein to inject contrast into..

I only really have one usable one and that had been burst a couple of days before, so they stabbed me 7 times, burst 5 veins, took 2 nurses and a doctor, and 15 minutes later they gave up having only got half the dye in..!

I got a bit overwhelmed as they kept head "cage" on whilst they jabbed me and I got freaked out when they put me back in scanner (with blankets!) and ended up in tears..!

Then this morning I got DLA renewal pack back just to finish it all off nicely! x

will repost hun just my head being a mess i guess x
  • ash4becks
    SingleSue wrote: »
    I was just getting used to the fact and getting over the embarrasment of using my stick when I told my ex mother in law tonight....and she came out with the famous words "But sticks are for old people, what do you want one of them for? You are still young!"

I had to try to keep a straight face as I informed her that it is not only old people who have sticks..although I am sure she thinks I am just putting it on but then this is the woman who was trying to convince me I could have a hysterectomy in the morning, be out the same night, driving and back at work 2 days later (old style hysterectomy not the new style less invasive one) and that I was somehow malingering by following the hospitals leaflet which said I would be in hospital for 5 days and off work for 6 weeks minimum.

Me having the stick though has given my brother the courage to get one too, almost like he can admit he also has a problem (he was also very hypermobile).

Other than that, been a stressful week or so..youngest very stressed (have posted more fully on the nice people thread in debate house prices board) so don't know if I am coming or going!

oh i so no how you feel wait till my mum is told about this, my own dad was carrying on with his work mate while i poped into the shop for a lift home after blue badge assesment that was a nightmare ,

his work mate was being a horrid to me like i was a fake and couldnt give a toss and trying to point out jobs to me in the paper dispite me having wrist splints on and being in a lot of pain and dad did nothing right infornt of his remarks :mad: dad just pasted it of as a joke really annoyed

blue b assesment i thought was going well her friend has hms also i was great so she knows what iam going on about ,

had letter of gp aswell say that iam in pain and feels i can only walk 50 meters and confiming my condition same letter that got me my bus pass which i was over the moon about :D this will also go with the reconcideration for dla but is this good enough

but i pushed to see what she said i could walk with some problems but very slowly and i would recive a letter though post but would be better to apply in three years and see how i was then grrr s

aid she would talk to who did the OT assesment at my home few weeks ago i hold out little hope on this one but i will appeal and i told her that , she even sore me trying to get up stairs!! and she had to carry my bag for me so not happy over that i swaer there going to push me into a chair or end up with a stick soon if they dont try and help me,

i want to fight this i have my dog who is my little star and what i live for and to have to give her up because of my health would kill me and i want my life back or as close as it can get i hate having to fight for everthing in life but sometimes you just have to just think everything someone makes a daft comment you no what to do with that stick in your mind or leave my mum to it :p

also i could have died of enbarassment yesterday but was out of kindness aswell lady come over to me and asking if i was ok i was walking slow and had to stop a few times was daft and walked to far when i really knew i shouldnt have got the bus 1 stop she was in her 50-60's fit as a fiddle

another thing i really dont like people commenting on why have you got them on your wrists

but this is bothering me iam really funny over keys its a ocd thing i always have to know where they are and i no atm iam way more forgetfull then i ever have been and i no iam bad as it is, in past week and a half i have left my keys in the front door twice,

and other bits arent right docs appointment has name and room number on i had forgetten in less than 10 secs has anyone had this before i no this is more than just my dyslexic silly memory
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    SingleSue I think I'd be inclined to tell XMiL to go and boil her head!:D

Invasion I hope you're feeling better today; those MRI scans aren't exactly a barrel of fun.

Ash4becks if it's any help, I do dog-sitting, and my mindees go for their walks with my mobility buggy. You won't automatically have to give up your woofer. What is he/she? I agree, they can make it worth getting up in the mornings!

Apologies now if my posts aren't making sense - I've noticed lately I think one word, and type another that rhymes with it :eek:(weird or what??) I do try and read my posts through a couple of times before hitting Send, but errors may still get through.:(
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • needing-help
    needing-help Posts: 363 Forumite
    edited 22 July 2010 at 1:44PM
    Would it be ok for me to join in. My life is a total mess my finances, my health and my house is a tip.

Up until 6 months ago I was fit, healthy, active, outgoing and independant. One night I went to bed and woke up 3 days later disabled and now I have severe depression and barely leave the house.
    My kids and support from my wonderful dh and GP keep me going but some days I just want to hide in a cave. I am in constant pain and am not sure where to turn. :(
  • ash4becks
    edited 22 July 2010 at 1:44PM
    LameWolf wrote: »
    SingleSue I think I'd be inclined to tell XMiL to go and boil her head!:D

Invasion I hope you're feeling better today; those MRI scans aren't exactly a barrel of fun.

Ash4becks if it's any help, I do dog-sitting, and my mindees go for their walks with my mobility buggy. You won't automatically have to give up your woofer. What is he/she? I agree, they can make it worth getting up in the mornings!

Apologies now if my posts aren't making sense - I've noticed lately I think one word, and type another that rhymes with it :eek:(weird or what??) I do try and read my posts through a couple of times before hitting Send, but errors may still get through.:(

my lovely ella is a working type lab, here her pic http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff346/ash4becks/?action=view&current=DSCF1012.jpg&newest=1

i help with dog rescuse a bit and have been told of the boss she should really be a gundog or a police dog she knows her stuff but she says she should have 2 hours a day min, so me keeping her not fully fit isnt concidered correct for her dispite shes loved and adored and is my priorty in life everything isdone for her before my needs but really i want to be taking her out to see her play highlight of my day

shes a funny one like her mum though if its snowing she wants to go home and 20 mins is enough for her, other days she just doesnt want to go home from the park other times a short walk 20-30 mins and shes tierd but shes very chilled out little girl but her walks have to be of lead or walks have no effect

funny enough though shes the biggest house dog in the world hates rain but loves mud :rotfl: thing is iam scared of how i will be and i dont want her to suffer for me atm iam bad but shes in heat atm so walking wise not a issue as iam keeping her in, dog walkers round here refuse to walk dogs in heat which i would normally use or dad that adores her but really it should be me thats taking her out , as for the scooter iam not giving into that yet
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure