IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NTD from LPS (Local Parking Security Ltd)

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Do not worry too much about PoPLA some weird decisions are being made by these wet behind the ears law graduates who have failed to find proper jobs.

It is highly likely that, if they were ill-advised enough to take this to court, they would crash and burn.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Weasel_Watcher
    Weasel_Watcher Posts: 63 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 April 2018 at 12:52PM
    I understand what you're saying, The Deep, but these people are flouting the rules and think they can just act with impunity.

They're supposed to provide a POLPA code, it's in their interest *not* to provide one, but their own code of practice is supoposed to obligate them, so I don't see why they should get away with this.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 April 2018 at 4:57PM
    You nit pick about a missing apostrophe, yet commit the cardinal sin of telling the world who the driver is. :eek:

I have adjusted this post now that I've seen that you have changed your post.

Absolutely crazy!
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Tell them to provide a POPLA code

Or email the BPA with your complaint, obv enclosing evidence of the breach.
  • Weasel_Watcher
    edited 10 April 2018 at 3:26PM
    Ok intend to reply to the email as follows;
    (the email doesn't specifically state that it's an appeal rejection, so I guess we need to get that fact straight)

FAO Appeals Department,

Parking Charge Notice: <xxx>

Please confirm whether or not your email received on 10th April 2017 constitutes a rejection of my appeal. If so, please provide me, the keeper, with a POPLA appeal code as your code of practice instructs.

Sincerely,

<Keeper name>

Should I add anything else?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I wouldn't bother replying at all.

This is a common tactic, to try and get the driver's name, and if you do not respond then an appeal rejection and a PoPLA code will be provided in due course.
  • Weasel_Watcher
    edited 10 April 2018 at 6:23PM
    OK. Thanks Keith.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Please confirm whether or not your email received on 10th April 2017 constitutes a rejection of my appeal. If so, please provide me, the keeper, with a POPLA appeal code as your code of practice instructs.
    Check your calendar:)
  • Castle wrote: »
    Check your calendar:)

I'm doing well today aren't I?(!)
    That'll teach me to be an apostrophe pedant. :)

Not sent the email. Under Keith's advice, I'm waiting to see if a POPLA code turns up. There's been no NTK anyway so far, so presumably no expiry date. Prefer to stop this at POPLA though if possible. Their past NTK's haven't been POFA compliant, so that looks the most promising.
  • Hi folks,

Just giving this a bump.

It's now day 58 and no NTK has been received at The Keeper's address (correctly registered with the DVLA).

Kind of a bit worried because there's also been no sign of a POPLA appeal code number via email either, and the only correspondence has been that original rejection.

I know they've not followed PoFA 2012 by not sending an NTK and I also know (from research here) that their NTK isn't PoFA compliant anyway. Hence, what would be preferable, is to get a POPLA code, beat them there and be done with it, rather than having this at the back of the mind for six long years. Plus the worry that moving addressess in that time, can inadvertently get you landed with a CCJ - ridiculous really, but there you are.

So, I intend to send that second email demanding a POPLA code

FAO Appeals Department,

Parking Charge Notice: <xxx>

Please confirm whether or not your email received on 10th April 2018 constitutes a rejection of my appeal. If so, please provide me, the keeper, with a POPLA appeal code number as your code of practice instructs.

Sincerely,

<Keeper name>

Should I add anything else like let them know that it's now too late to send a PoFA compliant NTK, so that they have lost any chance to hold the keeper liable? Or just keep things short and succint?

Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport