Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Sarahdol75 wrote: »
    Just going to say the same thing, I have the long held hand one, I have love birds and they throw it all over the place, its great for whizzing round.

Mines good at picking up dog hair.

Sarah do you have a confirmation date for m&s last reductions yet?? Thanks in advance
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    mrs_lds wrote: »
    Sarah do you have a confirmation date for m&s last reductions yet?? Thanks in advance

I will find out, shes at school at the minute, she did say today was reductions, but she only works weekends, so I will find out later.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    izzy65 wrote: »
    Good morning, mhoc would think it would be hard work with the short hand held as you would be on your knees ,you might be better with the longer wand type to hoover floors, I have a dyson one but it's ok but doesn't do dog hair very well:(

Yes when our elderly Dyson died before Christmas I got the cheap vax from Amazon as a quick fix. I am getting used to it but I am not feeling any love for it
    What worries me is that the newest Dysons are not as powerful due to EU regs or so I've read and then I've also been thinking about Sharks ....
    And then we have the possibility of the builder finally coming back to us in April/May (don't hold your breath yet) and he is incredibly messy - I try and contain him in one room but he takes over the entire house, the porch and the entire yard as well ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Please can I ask if anyone has the AP restaurant vouchers - the £10 and the £20 ones - does anyone have a list saved of where they can be used?

We are next to a Beefeater next weekend but the best that vouchercodes can offer is a 33% off voucher but it only seems to be main menu items.
    I know it sometimes has steak offers but I am not a steak eater.

(Yes I am plotting to get OH out of the house so I need to have a complete plan that he cant back out of or find an excuse not to do :D )
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • izzy65
    izzy65 Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Sarahdol75 wrote: »
    Just going to say the same thing, I have the long held hand one, I have love birds and they throw it all over the place, its great for whizzing round.

Mines good at picking up dog hair.

Mine is an animal 44, but Max's hairs are up to 5" and they just wrap around the brush bar so spend as long cutting them off:(, think the newer one with a soft bar would be better, my new dc41 came with an attachment that has counter rotating brushes, it's brilliant on the stairs:)
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Does anyone have a solar powered LED floodlight to light up their garden? DD is after one for when they let out their puppy :D

Yes outside front door & the cat knows how to get our attention in the night to be let in... mini disco :rotfl:
    mhoc wrote: »
    Please can I ask of anyone who has these are they suitable for picking up cat litter wood pellets?

We have 2 trays at night in different locations. By the morning the cats have danced in both and there is wood chip pellets all over the house, literally there are 4 rooms to vacuum before anything else gets done. And then there is OHs biscuit crumbs and coal dust.
    You can see I am talking myself into this ...

:) My Dyson sucks them up grand :D
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Snap-ant
    edited 26 January 2018 at 12:00PM
    :o

Bizarre £5 voucher from Ts (came in post in Ts envelope)

I presume all Ts CC shoppers will get one,

mentions 'your shopping experience might not have been at the level you expected. as such, please accept this £5 voucher as a thank you for continuing to shop with us...
    Our Family Motto ~

• Snap-ant
    :)

Off to spend my £5 in Ts :D
    Our Family Motto ~

• Snap-ant
    :j

That Sister improving by the hour :T

Mouth ulcers turning black & 'decaying' which is all to plan.

She has friends visiting her tomorrow so that saves me £70 train trip to stop her being alone - I'm going to Royal Mint on Wednesday so will visit her then instead.
    Only one week left of treatment :D:D:D
    Our Family Motto ~

• Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    mrs_lds wrote: »

She just confirmed, final reductions are on now, sale will finish sunday, anything still in shop sunday evening, will be sent to Oxfam.

Snap-ant wrote: »
    :j

That Sister improving by the hour :T

Mouth ulcers turning black & 'decaying' which is all to plan.

She has friends visiting her tomorrow so that saves me £70 train trip to stop her being alone - I'm going to Royal Mint on Wednesday so will visit her then instead.
    Only one week left of treatment :D:D:D

Good news
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family