I want to stop drowning

Comments

• debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I’ve done it, I’ve emailed the tutor! I’m not sure if we have to give notice but I’m proud that I’ve done it!!!
  • I think that is sensible in view of your financial position. Have you explained to your daughter?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • How did your DH get on with the payplan assessment?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • debtaghh
    I think that is sensible in view of your financial position. Have you explained to your daughter?

We have told her that we can’t afford it and made it very clear that next year things are going to be extremely tight.
    How did your DH get on with the payplan assessment?

My mum has been round today so he hasn’t had the chance but we may try tonight online.
  • debtaghh
    I have £50 for food to last until 20th January plus £50 worth of vouchers. I’ve just done a shop so will only be for two weeks... let the challenge begin!
  • Essentially £50 per week then. Does that have to include nappies for your youngest?
  • debtaghh
    Essentially £50 per week then. Does that have to include nappies for your youngest?

Yes but I get them from Lidl for £2.09 and should only need two packs as I have some already.
  • debtaghh
    Morning,

My dh bought me a new phone for Christmas as my current one doesn’t work properly - battery doesn’t last long, no working torch or camera but it cost £270 so have told him to return it. That money can go straight onto the Nuba.

I got into an argument with my dh last night over single cream 😱 he opened it and used it but I bought it for our guests which means I have to buy another one. I hate the way I reacted I basically implied that he eats too much and we can’t afford it 😳. I then said I feel it’s unfair that he has left me to deal with all the burden of the finances , I did the step change assessment as he didn’t! I don’t think he means it but he just can’t cope with the situation therefore blocks it out but that’s not fair on me. I have severe pains all over my body and the doctors can’t find why but say it must be stress and anxiety. I broke down in front of my mum yesterday as ppl were putting pressure on me to eat out on nye. I am not going but I hate the way I feel ppl try and bully me into things that we just cannot afford. I’ve told my sister but yet she just doesn’t get it 😡

Sorry for the moan but wanted to get it off my chest!
  • debtaghh
    One positive, I’ve just received an email from the tutor and no notice is required.
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    edited 30 December 2017 at 11:24AM
    Morning debtaghh

I can certainly relate to DH not looking like he’s on board and you dealing with it all. We had horrendous times this time last year. Me trying to get him on board, me trying to organise everything etc etc. I would add that even now he’s only 80% with me as I constantly have to remind him of our situation.

I think the more you explain to friends and family that you are cutting back they will eventually get the message.

I hope you feel better soon and the pains go away, I can only guess that it is stress related tension.

Keep your chin up debtaghh it will get better as you go along.
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport