New Journey

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Hope all the background stuff works out as you hope :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I cant believe Australia is so close now, how exciting! :)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Early finish today 2pm so I could go and see parents on their return from hols. Lovely to see them and they came bearing gifts from Spain. All useful things , denim cut offs and harem pants. My dad is getting hard work though , he is so stuck in the 1900's with his ideas on how the world should be. I guess at nearly 80 he isn't going to change.

Another NSD , hoping for the same tomorrow.
  • Love your diary Cumbria and your love of the lakes.

I can totally identify how you feel about your dad - my dad told me i was lucky that my husband gave me so much freedom to do what i wanted to do :eek:I was gobsmacked and then really cross as i started justifying myself rather than just saying that me and DH were really happy with our relationship!

I hope you have a wondeful trip to Australia - my sister lives in Perth and i am hoping to take my two small boys out to see her in a couple of years. I have spent a lot of time in Sydney but never been to the west coast.
  • System
    Love your diary Cumbria and your love of the lakes.

I can totally identify how you feel about your dad - my dad told me i was lucky that my husband gave me so much freedom to do what i wanted to do :eek:I was gobsmacked and then really cross as i started justifying myself rather than just saying that me and DH were really happy with our relationship!

I hope you have a wondeful trip to Australia - my sister lives in Perth and i am hoping to take my two small boys out to see her in a couple of years. I have spent a lot of time in Sydney but never been to the west coast.

Always nice to hear from another forumite.

Yes my love of the lakes is what keeps me going sometimes, knowing I will be seeing my hills soon :rotfl:

I have never been to the West Coast either , must make it there one day. I am very lucky to have the chance to travel to Sydney.
  • System
    Long day , in work by 7.15 am , left at 5pm to go to meeting to do with volunteering at 5.30pm. Home by 7.45pm , feel ever so tired.

NSD 3 but the fridge is looking very bare , but hoping to last until Sunday without food shopping.

Bed now for me.
  • Hi Cumbria - just caught up with your goings on. Echoing everyone in that I hope things work out with the background stuff.

You're so incredibly organised and well done on getting everything ready early Xmaswise before you go off to Aussie. Not long now - you must be getting so excited.

I don't think you'll change your Dad's views now! Too late!:). I worry that as I'm getting older I'll morph into a 'Dad!' Hope not!:eek:

Hope you're feeling more energised today after a tiring yesterday.
    X
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • System
    Hi Cumbria - just caught up with your goings on. Echoing everyone in that I hope things work out with the background stuff.

You're so incredibly organised and well done on getting everything ready early Xmaswise before you go off to Aussie. Not long now - you must be getting so excited.

I don't think you'll change your Dad's views now! Too late!:). I worry that as I'm getting older I'll morph into a 'Dad!' Hope not!:eek:

Hope you're feeling more energised today after a tiring yesterday.
    X

Thank you SSG for dropping in .
  • System
    Background stuff rumbles on and will carry on into the new year .

Yesterday was NSD 4 . The fridge is so empty it's embarrassing. I have worked out though what I am having tonight , tomorrow I am out for lunch so only snack needed.

Today DGD day will be spent having a walk, maybe the park , see my parents and then pick DGS up from school. I will try and do some housework tonight as I have a busy day tomorrow.

Ready to start the day.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    NSDS are going well! Well done! Will be taking a leaf out of your book as I have to keep day to day spends down for the next month.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts