Elcurrency/Bitcoin Identity Theft

Hi I’m new here and wasn’t quite sure which section this should be posted in. I’m usually very savvy when it comes to not falling for scams but stupidly yesterday I paid £245 into elcurrency.com which is similar to bitcoin revolution. On top of this I also scanned in my bank card with the long number covered as they had advised, my account number and sort code were on there. I also scanned in my driving licence as well as a bank statement. First off I’m really annoyed with myself for being so stupid! I’m now very worried about identity theft. What exactly can someone do with these details/documents I’ve scanned? I have already cancelled my card and will also try and stop the money which hasn’t fully cleared yet. I fear it may be too late for the money, I suppose I could take that as a lesson but right now I’m more worried about identity theft. Can anyone offer any advice?

Comments

• It can't end well.
    Having provided documents of identity, in this manner, I would feel sure they could be misused.
    There will be members here that can advise you further.
  • Yup - don’t do it.
    Posts like this happen all the time.

Register with CIFAS.

You may even end up with a fraud marker against you and your accounts closed anyway.

If they have your bank account and sort code I would suggest switching banks (if you can get another account now).
  • I did deposited as $250 they make me $363 in on month and half I did read some reviews about them than I realised I'm in trouble diced to withdraw the money and we had argued about the withdraw and the end they told me dont don't give my money back and they started to place trade without my consent until they list all the money and I could not even cancel the trades I could not do nothing just watching how they placed trades without my consent
    Warning to everyone do not even think to deposit with the they ar 100% scammers and they ar not regulated.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hughy20 wrote: »
    I did deposited as $250 they make me $363 in on month and half I did read some reviews about them than I realised I'm in trouble diced to withdraw the money and we had argued about the withdraw and the end they told me dont don't give my money back and they started to place trade without my consent until they list all the money and I could not even cancel the trades I could not do nothing just watching how they placed trades without my consent
    Warning to everyone do not even think to deposit with the they ar 100% scammers and they ar not regulated.

Old thread to drag up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport