Discuss the guide to 5G

Former_MSE_Stephen_B
Former_MSE_Stephen_B Posts: 76
First Anniversary First Post
MSE Staff
edited 5 June 2019 at 3:02PM in Phones & TV
articlealert2_banner.gif
Hi all, we have new Guide to 5G: What it is, how to get it and how much it costs, and we'd love to hear your feedback.

Just click reply below to share any info. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks for your help,

MSE Steve B

Comments

• I think you should point out that: "there is a substantial body of evidnce that this technology is harmful to humans and the environment. The 5g millimetre wave is known to heat the eyes, skin and testes. It is also expected that populations of bees and birds will drastically decline" (oncologist Lennart Hardell, MD), and that over 240 doctors and scientist from 41 nations have appealed to the EU, calling for a moratorium on the rollout of 5G, citing the serious risks to human health and the environment . Also that no insurance company will cover the telcoms companies for any harms that may occur. This radiation will be inescapable - we will no longer have the option to wire our devices on ethernet cables, we will be bombarded 24/7, and radiation has a cumulative effect. Babies, children and pregnant women will be most at risk. No safety studies have been carried out, and the ICNIRP limits relied on by the government are out of date, and quite inadequate to protect us from harm. The WHO classed RF-EMF as a group 2B carcinogen. 5G technology uses the same millimetre wavelength as the military (eg Directed Energy Weapons), and is not just another upgrade on 4G. This needs to be pointed out before encouraging people to buy into this dangerous technology.
  • Takmon
    Takmon Posts: 1,738
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Liz_Potter wrote: »
    I think you should point out that: "there is a substantial body of evidnce that this technology is harmful to humans and the environment. The 5g millimetre wave is known to heat the eyes, skin and testes. It is also expected that populations of bees and birds will drastically decline" (oncologist Lennart Hardell, MD), and that over 240 doctors and scientist from 41 nations have appealed to the EU, calling for a moratorium on the rollout of 5G, citing the serious risks to human health and the environment . Also that no insurance company will cover the telcoms companies for any harms that may occur. This radiation will be inescapable - we will no longer have the option to wire our devices on ethernet cables, we will be bombarded 24/7, and radiation has a cumulative effect. Babies, children and pregnant women will be most at risk. No safety studies have been carried out, and the ICNIRP limits relied on by the government are out of date, and quite inadequate to protect us from harm. The WHO classed RF-EMF as a group 2B carcinogen. 5G technology uses the same millimetre wavelength as the military (eg Directed Energy Weapons), and is not just another upgrade on 4G. This needs to be pointed out before encouraging people to buy into this dangerous technology.

The signal strength will be very low unless you are sat right next to the transmitter. Have a look online how distance effect signal strength and you will see there is nothing to worry about.
  • I am from a tech background (Verizon and Microsoft) and all for technology but Liz Potter is totally on point here. As she mentioned, 240 doctors and scientists from 41 nations have appealed to the EU, calling for a moratorium on the rollout of 5G. This means that they want to halt 5G until they can prove that it is deemed safe. Why would they do this if 5G was completely safe and why would Brussels and Switzerland also put the 5G rollout on hold? I urge members to look into non-mainstream media channels and really do your research now before this information is take off the net and classed as "fake news" . Remember those at the top of the chain of these tech companies are power/money hungry and I feel sorry for those lower down the chain who are being misinformed, as was I. 
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,410
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hmm
    Two first time posters with a similar opinion.
    :o
  • protecho
    protecho Posts: 2
    First Post
    edited 2 March 2020 at 2:02PM
    @ J_B  I do not know Liz Potter and she does not know me. She posted last year and I just posted yesterday. This is the first time I am posting, as I have just found out about the dangerous effects of 5G through reliable contacts plus I have worked in tech companies previously.  I almost feel that I might even be a bit late to find this information but then again, I am hoping that I am not! Check this website out www.5gappeal.eu and perhaps you could open your mind enough to see through the media bias that presents information to you for the sake of money. After all, I am more concerned about people's health and safety to the point that I am willing to put aside my love of technology to make sure that we are safe from the harmful effects of 5G. There is no money for me to made in having my opinion whereas there is PLENTY for the elite of this world. 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure