Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Comments

• Just came back to sky after they sent me a 75% off offer by email this morning. (ends tomorrow according to the email and for customers who left in the last year if anyone wants to try)

Outdid myself and ended up with 75% off for 12 months but no contract and £80 credit.

Pretty good result!

:beer:
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    jenecho wrote: »

Outdid myself and ended up with 75% off for 12 months but no contract and £80 credit.

Pretty good result!

:beer:

Presumably you were on one of the more expensive packages? Because they would be paying you to take the basic package :rotfl:
    How long were you actually switched off?
  • andrewmp
    andrewmp Posts: 1,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Presumably you were on one of the more expensive packages? Because they would be paying you to take the basic package :rotfl:
    How long were you actually switched off?

I've been in profit from their TV packages a few times.
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    andrewmp wrote: »
    I've been in profit from their TV packages a few times.

cases like yours prove that Sky are still making a profit even on your contract!

Even more reason to either switch off totally, or wait for 75% off.
  • Finally got offered 60% off tv only so I Went on chat and got half price broadband and phoneline and asked about Sky Q. I was upgraded to Sky Q on 12 months not 18 months multi room sky go extra box sets etc with No install fee or activation fee. They're setting it up on Monday all in £55 a month. Not the best but better than before and only 12 months with sky q
  • shiny76
    shiny76 Posts: 548 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I didn't even know NowTV did BB & phone but unless you've got a special offer you're paying £24.99 a month to Sky (they own NowTV) which is dearer than line rental only at £18.99 from Sky (easily got although there would be a contract).

I must be (NowTV Combo). £18/month for phone, BB and kids TV :)
    (plus the Top Cashback money)

(then obviously an extra £5.53/month for Sky Original package)
  • black_paw
    black_paw Posts: 1,791 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    friend didnt have sky nearly year and , when they phoned offered new dish ( they moved ) same package as before ...no films/sport ... free for a year ! best i have heard of.
    the truth is out there ... on these pages !!
    <3
  • benbfc
    benbfc Posts: 263 Forumite
    I only have Sky TV - BoxSets, Sky Sports and HD pack with Sky Go Plus.

Accepted 60% off with a £50 credit, 3 weeks after cancelling. Instead of paying the extra £5 for Sky Go Plus i decided to get sky q which is £12 a month and they are doing two box install for £100.
  • Morning!

Advice needed if anyone can help? Been with sky for years.. we have variety package and sky sports..husband pays for BT seperately so for TV each month it's around £93. I told them that Virgin are offering their full house movie package (all channels in HD, BT sports, new V6 box sky Q equivalent, fibre broadband and phoneline incl) for £55 so with addition of sky sports that's £75... I asked if they could do anything and best offer was 33% off which would take our sky to £68 (+bt = £88). I cancelled. Thing is, I can't get virgin and don't really want BT. Do you think they'll make me a better offer and even if they don't can I just reinstate before the end of the notice period?! I'm just so fed up of paying so much for so little when others are getting all sorts for less money?!
    Please help, suggestions / ideas welcomed!
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,299 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    stick to your guns , they will come up with an offer , be ready to get a few days without TV

look under your offers in My sky in your online account
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family