QuickQuid email - Have I been a victim of Fraud?

sufcfan1
sufcfan1 Posts: 42 Forumite
Hoping for some of the excellent advice of the people on here with regards to am email I recieved this morning, reportedly from 'QuickQuid'?

Now i may be many things, but I am not daft enough to go anywhere near these types, so I was hoping you might be able to point me in the right direction with regards to what my next step should be.

The credit licence number in the email is for the right company, so I am leaning towards this being from the company in question, but this is the first email i have ever had from them, and they have my name but the rest is a mystery.

Subject: Extended Repayment Plan Available: Prevent Sale To 3rd Party Collectors

Dear sufcfan1,
Customer ID: *******
Unless payment is made on your loan by 2 August 2013 it may be sold to a third party collection agency.
To help you prevent this transfer your defaulted loan balance has been referred to the QuickQuid Final Resolution Department.
QuickQuid will accept a re-payment plan over n/a months. Based on your outstanding balance of n/a this would be a monthly payment of n/a. Please contact our Final Resolution Department between 08:00 and 21:00 Mon - Fri at 0800 016 3114 to accept this offer or to learn about other options available. It is important to provide dates of payment when replying to this e-mail as the arrangement is incomplete without dates of payment.
Once a payment plan is in place, collections activities will stop as long as payments are made on time. The only forms of payment accepted for this offer are Debit Card or Direct Debit Mandate. If your account information has changed please inform our agents so they can update your information.
QuickQuid Final Resolution

Comments

• gb12345
    gb12345 Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    edited 11 July 2013 at 7:01AM
    A quick google of the phone number would indicate that it is legitimate, so it sounds like someone has taken a loan out in your name.

What is worrying is that they have your email address, which would indicate that was used to take the loan out.

Have you noticed any suspicious transactions on your bank accounts or any other emails relating to loans?

You need to ring them and let them know that you have never taken a loan out with them. Also, check your credit histories with the 3 agencies for any other suspicious transactions
  • Erinnire
    Erinnire Posts: 515 Forumite
    I was just about to post the exact same email! It has my name on but no debt information... I was freaking out until now. To both get the exact same email must be a scam?

QQ Final Resolution Team <escalation@email.quickquid.co.uk>
    06:09 (1 hour ago)

to me
    Click here if you are unable to see the message below

Dear Erinire,
    Customer ID: *******

Unless payment is made on your loan by 2 August 2013 it may be sold to a third party collection agency.

To help you prevent this transfer your defaulted loan balance has been referred to the QuickQuid Final Resolution Department.

QuickQuid will accept a re-payment plan over n/a months. Based on your outstanding balance of n/a this would be a monthly payment of n/a. Please contact our Final Resolution Department between 08:00 and 21:00 Mon - Fri at 0800 016 3114 to accept this offer or to learn about other options available. It is important to provide dates of payment when replying to this e-mail as the arrangement is incomplete without dates of payment.

Once a payment plan is in place, collections activities will stop as long as payments are made on time. The only forms of payment accepted for this offer are Debit Card or Direct Debit Mandate. If your account information has changed please inform our agents so they can update your information.

escalation@quickquid.co.uk
    0800 016 3114
    https://www.QuickQuid.co.uk
  • This is a scam, as I have also received the same email this morning, if you google the scam it is quite common, this company is a great example of why this sector needs urgent regulation and a overhaul.
    Dont even bother replying, it is against all regulations to be contacted like this with proposals which include N/A in them, apparently this is their get out.
  • djm_2
    djm_2 Posts: 6 Forumite
    I've also received a similar email. The customer number on mine is legit so I believe it's a genuine email from them rather than a scam.

However, I reckon they've made a mistake and sent out a template email to the wrong set of customers. Note that there's no details of the loan:

"QuickQuid will accept a re-payment plan over n/a months. Based on your outstanding balance of n/a this would be a monthly payment of n/a."

I've emailed them to confirm, but I suspect we'll be emailed out an apology soon.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" ;-)
  • Glennn
    Glennn Posts: 128 Forumite
    I think it is a mistake from them. I got the same email as I am registered with them but no loan. When I got the email I went onto quickquid and reset my password. Once I had logged in I checked the loan history and no loans were taken out.
  • Erinnire
    I've never had a load with QuickQuid so unsure how they even have my details? let alone a customer reference number.
  • Me too! I have used Quick Quid only the once, as there was a great cashback deal through Quidco. The worrying thing is it looks so legit. Think I may call and see whats going on!
  • I TOO HAVE HAD THE EMAIL IS MORNING AND AM NOT A QQ CUSTOMER SO WHY WOULD MY EMAIL BE ON THERE SENDERS LIST HAVE NEVER HAD A LOAN WITH THESE OR ANY OTHER PDL COMPANY.
    Dear MY NAME,
    Customer ID: ******

• just received this email and i have never had a loan with them ?

tried to contact them via live chat and it says i have to wait 30 mins to speak to someone

Extended Repayment Plan Available: Prevent Sale To 3rd Party Collectors

QQ Final Resolution Team <escalation@email.quickquid.co.uk>

Dear xxx x xxxxx
    Customer ID: xxxxxx

escalation@quickquid.co.uk
    0800 016 3114
    https://www.QuickQuid.co.uk
  • Erinnire
    lots of us have got these this morning. Seems its some sort of error

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4698253
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories