Diamond Earrings

Options
Hi I am looking to buy some diamond earrings for my daughter on her wedding day . I would like to spend up to £1750 so i would like some recommendations for some reputable good value jewellers in the central London area . Thank You x
Slava Ukraini

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hatton garden .... Best place in London
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Browntoa wrote: »
    Hatton garden .... Best place in London
    +1 to this ^^^^

But if you're planning this as a gift for your daughter to pass down to her children (I remember your other thread) what if she has boys?
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    What a beautiful & generous & idea & absolutely next stop Hatton Garden (although other jewellery quarters are available, HG has the rep for diamonds).

May I suggest the earrings are of the lump of rock sort that can be reset as rings or tiepins or hung onto and set into engagement rings etc? Some things can be beautiful but also be reassembled in different configurations, others demand their unique arrangement - and I think in this case there is a case for plural rather smaller stones well set for delight on the day & future 'Ah yes your grandmother wore that on her wedding day' potential.

Have a glorious time selecting & may the day be happy, the marriage likewise & longlasting & future grandchildren (as and when) a delight.
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    When I got engaged 23 years ago we went to Hatton Garden and got a custom made engagement and wedding ring. Not only were they individual to me but they were considerably cheaper than anything similar in high street jewellers.
  • Pollycat
    Options
    Yes, I think if I were spending that much on jewellery Hatton Garden would be my first stop - especially as it appears the OP is based in London.
  • 74jax
    74jax Posts: 7,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My husband bought me diamond earrings, for around 3k.

I Darent wear them. I'm forever losing backs, rubbing my ears and then getting caught in my ears.

Don't get me wrong, I have an expensive diamond in my engagement ring, so it's not that I don't like wearing diamonds etc but it's the likeliness that an ear ring will..... Dislodge.....

I only found out by chance the cost of them as they were a gift. If I didn't know I'm sure id wear them..... And lose a back...... :)
    Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....
  • Pollycat
    Options
    74jax wrote: »
    My husband bought me diamond earrings, for around 3k.

I Darent wear them. I'm forever losing backs, rubbing my ears and then getting caught in my ears.

Don't get me wrong, I have an expensive diamond in my engagement ring, so it's not that I don't like wearing diamonds etc but it's the likeliness that an ear ring will..... Dislodge.....

I only found out by chance the cost of them as they were a gift. If I didn't know I'm sure id wear them..... And lose a back...... :)
    What a pity. :(
    Could you have them altered so that the back is screw on?
    I have a pair of sapphire and diamond earrings (made & bought in India) that have that fitting. There is no way they would ever come out.
    Or made more secure in some other way?

Or consider having the diamonds made into a ring or pendant?
    It's seems sad that you have an expensive piece of jewellery and are afraid to wear them.
  • 74jax
    74jax Posts: 7,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    What a pity. :(
    Could you have them altered so that the back is screw on?
    I have a pair of sapphire and diamond earrings (made & bought in India) that have that fitting. There is no way they would ever come out.
    Or made more secure in some other way?

Or consider having the diamonds made into a ring or pendant?
    It's seems sad that you have an expensive piece of jewellery and are afraid to wear them.

Omgoodness polycat I didn't even know that was possible. And yet now you have said it I think how obvious. Thank you so much and I'm going to look into this.
    Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....
  • Pollycat
    Options
    74jax wrote: »
    Omgoodness polycat I didn't even know that was possible. And yet now you have said it I think how obvious. Thank you so much and I'm going to look into this.
    If you can, I'd look for a manufacturing jeweller to discuss the options and do any alterations.
  • ekayaimissey
    Options
    You can give a search on google.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family