Barclays won't close my account!

Please Help!
Any information would be really appreciated.
I was granted a DRO in December 2013 and was told it can last on my file for 6 years, this year will be the last year its on my file. I've tried really hard to clean up my credit rating these past 5 years, paying off other debts, building good relations with new creditors etc..however there is one creditor that is not helping,I listed 3 creditors on DRO, 2 creditors accepted it and closed my accounts, But Barclays still haven't closed down the account and have said I've defaulted every month for the past 5 years!, I've rang them, sent letters and emailed, but every time I am passed from one person to the next, with no point of contact or reference number and to no avail. they are not demanding money from me, but having this account still open and defaulting for 5 years does not look good for my credit score. Barclays was definitely listed on the DRO. What should I do?

Comments

• Twubble
    Twubble Posts: 80 Forumite
    What I usually do in these situations is locate the email address of the current CEO and email a massive rant directly to whoever that is. It will be passed on to his/her assistant, and the problem will be dealt with. Provide any documentary proof you have and just let rip. It's never taken me more than a few days to sort out a problem this way, whereas taking the usual routes has taken me over a year in some instances. I never take the normal route now. Just hit that CEO with a sledgehammer and it will be sorted.
  • Craig1981
    Craig1981 Posts: 769 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    https://debtcamel.co.uk/repair-credit-record-dro/

a few useful templates and addresses to use
  • Thank you, I will give that ago. Sucks you gave to go to the CEO before things get done. :)
  • mwarby
    mwarby Posts: 2,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It won't be a fresh default each month, the default is just the current status of the account, at the 6 year point the account should fall of your credit file all the same
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure